Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware

Minix has finally released there latest firmware. Better late than never. Cheers

Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware (20160328)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Now hope that Finless finds the time to create something great out of it. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hjhoekie View Post
      Now hope that Guest finds the time to create something great out of it. ;-)
      Fingers crossed, my friend.

Comment

Still waiting to hear from Finless. Even offered to send him a loaner to use.

Comment

I don't have a X8, but if you are willing to do some testing i will make a rom for the X8
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt
            I don't have a X8, but if you are willing to do some testing i will make a rom for the X8
            abdul_pt - Thanks for the offer. I will indeed do testing on your Rom. Just curious, will you base it off of fw009? Thanks

Edit : Also, I have tried to no avail to install your TWRP recovery. Can you cook it in the Rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Rawhide85 View Post
              abdul_pt - Thanks for the offer. I will indeed do testing on your Rom. Just curious, will you base it off of fw009? Thanks

Edit : Also, I have tried to no avail to install your TWRP recovery. Can you cook it in the Rom?

I will use FW09 as base yes. It will include root also.

Yes, TWRP will be included. That's the first step-

Please try this recovery image. Placing it on the root of your ExternalSD and reboot while pressing the reset button should make it boot.

TWRP 2.8.7.0 - www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml..._X8-H_Plus.img

TWRP 3.0.0.2 - www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml/TWRP3_X8H_Plus.img

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Great I'll try it now.

Comment

I placed on my fat32 USB and will not boot to it.

Comment

I formatted a 2 gig SD card as fat32 and copied the TWRP 3.0.0.2 to the root of the SD card. I got my Minix X8-H Plus into recovery mode by using a paper clip into the reset hole. The recovery did not "see" that img file at all.

I then downloaded the TWRP 2.8.7.0 and copied it to the SD card, and changed the name of the 3.0.0.2 to "update.img". Got into the recovery menu again, and it still did not "see" either of the two img's.
                    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Rename to recovery.img and not update.img.

You can also create a dummy/empty zip file and open the update&backup app, choose local update and then select the dummy zip. It should reboot to TWRP if you have placed it on the root of the ExternalSD and rename it to recovery.img

Comment

After you guys get over the recovery "problem", you can try to flash this zip

http://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/aml..._Abdul_1.0.zip
                        Last edited by abdul_pt; 06-01-2016, 01:43.

Comment

Renamed file to recovery. Img and that got me into your twerp menu. I then installed your zip file and testing it now.

Thanks
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

So far no hiccups, how do I use the Nexus 10 build.prop?

Comment

Heading to work today, I'll try it tonight. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X