No announcement yet.

Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twrp v3 only uses half of the screen until you reboot into recovery from twrp

Comment

Originally posted by Grint
      So far no hiccups, how do I use the Nexus 10 build.prop?
      Rename build.prop to build.prop.ori and them rename build.prop.nexus10 to build.prop. Wipe cache of Google Play and framework, reboot.

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Can I open a new thread for this ROM, it seems it's working ?

Tapatalked

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

I also would like for someone to try this zip - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...l_X8H_Plus.zip
          This is a test kernel, flash with TWRP and report back.

If it doesn't boot, restore by flashing this zip - https://www.freak-tab.de/abdul_pt/am...l_X8H_Plus.zip

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
            Can I open a new thread for this ROM, it seems it's working ?

Tapatalked
            It's working.

Comment

I tested your new kernel, but it got hung up in the 127.0.0.1 screen. I did have a little trouble with your Twrp "seeing" my SD card, not sure what I did to get it to be "seen", it could not even "see" it to mount it. Anyway, I got TWRP to finally "see" my 2 gig SD card formatted with fat32. Your back up zip worked great, booted right into the main screen. What was the purpose for the new kernel test?
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

The purpose was to try to build my own kernel and add some things. I will just compile modules to add extra funcionalities, like support for NTFS, exfat , gamepads and such.

Tapatalked

Comment

The purpose was to try to build my own kernel and add some things. I will just compile modules to add extra funcionalities, like support for NTFS, exfat , gamepads and such.

Tapatalked

Ok
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I pushed an OTA, please enable WiFi/Mobile data in the OTA app.

Comment

I pushed an OTA, please enable WiFi/Mobile data in the OTA app.

Done, waiting, no updates so far.

Comment

The app says update available,,, won't download. All it shows is null

Comment

abdul_pt - I'm still unable to flash your TWRP. I've tried both methods you mentioned, renamed zip files, placed then in root on my USB. I'm even rooted and am able to boot directly to recovery. Any chance you could create an image that can be flashed via the USB flashing tool? Thanks in advance.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
                          Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware (20160328)

Edit : I've been flashing my phones for years but this box has me stumped.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Rawhide85; 06-01-2016, 11:11.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                            The app says update available,,, won't download. All it shows is null

I made a error in the first zip, wrong url.

Download and flash this zip, this is the OTA zip.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawhide85 View Post
                              abdul_pt - I'm still unable to flash your TWRP. I've tried both methods you mentioned, renamed zip files, placed then in root on my USB. I'm even rooted and am able to boot directly to recovery. Any chance you could create an image that can be flashed via the USB flashing tool? Thanks in advance.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t
                              Official X8-H PLUS 009 firmware (20160328)

Edit : I've been flashing my phones for years but this box has me stumped.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You have to use a ExternalSD, the X8H Plus can't boot recovery from the USB storage.

Since you have root, you can flash the TWRP image to the recovery partition using console, Terminal app for instance. The command to use is 'dd if=/path/to/TWRP.img of=/dev/block/recovery'.
                              Them you can follow the instrutions on the Minix forum, the difference will be that it will boot to TWRP instead of the stock recovery.
                              I don't have the keys to sign the zips so that you can use the stock Minix recovery, that's why you have to use TWRP to flash the zip.

As a side note, Minix FW reminds me of some sort of rasonware. I understand that they want to protect themselves from reports/bugs caused by wrongfully use of their FW, but the users are free to do what they want with the device they bought. Changing signing keys, disabling ADB and so on.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Thanks my friend for the advice, priceless. When using the terminal method where should I place the image, and should i still rename it? You are correct with regards to Minix. If you can update the kernel we can then take full control of this device. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X