Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Abdul X8H Plus

Hello guys,
    today i bring you a rom for the Minix X8H Plus. I made this rom responde to some requests from some of you, i want to remind that i don't own a X8H Plus so your feedback is more important than ever.

Although i don't own a X8H Plus you are safe to flash this, it was tested before This is based on FW009 with some modifications. I hope you guys appreciate the effort.

So what's changed :
    • Deodexded
    • Rooted with SuperSU
    • Replaced the obsolete GAPPS package for OpenGapps nano
    • Added init.d support
    • Added nano text editor
    • Added bash enviroment
    • Included a Nexus10 build.prop
    • Included an OTA app
    • Included TWRP 3.0.0.2
    • Themed Minix Launcher, MboxSettings
    • Added a few kernel modules. NTFS, EXFAT and some more gamepads
    • And more ...

Install

This zip will wipe all of your Data you have been warned.
    • Download the recovery image and the rom zip, rename the recovery image to recovery.img and place it on the root of your FAT32 formated ExternalSD card along side with the rom zip.
    • Completely turn off your device, okace the ExtenalSD on the box and power it on while pressing the reset button. TWRP screen should appear. You need a mouse to navigate in TWRP.
    • Click on install, and select the rom zip file. Confirm and flash.

NOTES
    • You need to enable WiFi/Mobile data in the OTA app.
    • To enable root access in the CM File Manager, click the bottom right button, and enable it
    • The only preinstall app is the AIRPIN Minix

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Current version is 20160531
    Last edited by abdul_pt; 06-01-2016, 02:10.
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Does this version include Auto Refresh Rate switching?

IT DOES
      Last edited by Grint; 06-03-2016, 16:57.

Comment

abdul_pt - Thanks for building this Rom for the X8-H Plus. We have been waiting for this for a long time. With your permission I would like to share this with others. Also, I will indeed be sending you a donation for your hard work. Cheers
        Edit: Transaction ID: 81S874480K711812S

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Rawhide85; 06-03-2016, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Grint
          Does this version include Auto Refresh Rate switching?

IT DOES

Comment

Originally posted by Rawhide85
            abdul_pt - Thanks for building this Rom for the X8-H Plus. We have been waiting for this for a long time. With your permission I would like to share this with others. Also, I will indeed be sending you a donation for your hard work. Cheers
            Edit: Transaction ID: 81S874480K711812S

Sure, you can share it. I just ask to not mirror the ROM instead point people to here.

Thanks for the support

Tapatalked

Comment

You are welcome. Rom is running great and is very snappy. Look forward to OTA 's updates in the future.

Comment

Thanks Abdul!

Anyway you can add wiimote support in an update? https://android-review.googlesource....btif_storage.c

Comment

It starts Wipping System then freezes at around 80% ... what to do?

Thanks in advance

Comment

unplugged and restarted; the video was scrambled but it finished the installation and is now running ... will test the performance.
                    Thanks

Comment

Works great! Now, it would be awesome if you could creat a ROM version with Lollipop 5.1.1. Probox2 Ex+ and Wetek core run under lollipop and it seems to work fine. I tried the Probox2 Ex+ Firmware on my Minix x8-h plus with success except for the headphone audio and full remote support.

Comment

Everbrave- Glad to see you got it to work. As stated before, abdul_pt does not own an X8H-PLUS so the chances he could create a Rom from the ground up would probably be very tough. With that said, he did create this Rom so you never know.

Comment

Rawhide85 I can imagine it is a lot of work. However, the Probox2 EX+ and the Wetek Core have almost identical HW (same chipset; save vor A/V), he might want to start from there. As mentioned, the Probox2 EX+ ROM works for the x8-h Plus except the Headphone Audio and full Remote control (the Air Remote works with its basic functions, even the Keyboard).

Comment

right pulldown window does not work.

twrp only uses half of the screen, after 1, 2 reboots, twrp is on full display.

shutdown sometimes goes to hybernate, instead of shutting down.

Testing...
                            Last edited by Lex Luthor; 06-04-2016, 18:56. Reason: typo...

Comment

On a side note, the Minix x8-h Plus with Abdul ROM scores around 33000 on auntut benchmark; compared to 170500 for my iPad Pro 9.7 (A9X). Unfortunately, I can't compare it to my Apple TV4 (A8).

Comment

Working...
                              X