Finless X8-H Plus Lillipop ROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless X8-H Plus Lillipop ROM 1.0

Doing refresh ROMs for all my Minix boxes.

This ROM is based off the Minix Lollipop ROM beta RC2 with the tweaks I did to make my U1 Super Fast ROM.

I am not going to say a lot about it but here are the features.
    It's Pre-rooted but after first boot you need to run the Superuser APP as it needs to run at least once before using rooted APPS. Even though I updated the SU binary in the ROM, the SU APP still says it needs to do that.

It's totally debloated! And I mean DEBLOATED! I did this to have this box just be for playing videos, KODI, etc. For me it runs Kodi 17.x great!

I did some other tweaks for memory and video performance. Kind of my usual tweaks I have always done like on the U1.

This is a IMG and flashed via the USB Flash Tool.
    Do not ask for a update.zip as I just do not have time to do it. The new ZIP architecture is a PITA and takes a lot of time which I do not have.

Here is the download link:

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Originally posted by Finless
    Doing refresh ROMs for all my Minix boxes.

This ROM is based off the Minix Lollipop ROM beta RC2 with the tweaks I did to make my U1 Super Fast ROM.

I am not going to say a lot about it but here are the features.
    It's Pre-rooted but after first boot you need to run the Superuser APP as it needs to run at least once before using rooted APPS. Even though I updated the SU binary in the ROM, the SU APP still says it needs to do that.

It's totally debloated! And I mean DEBLOATED! I did this to have this box just be for playing videos, KODI, etc. For me it runs Kodi 17.x great!

I did some other tweaks for memory and video performance. Kind of my usual tweaks I have always done like on the U1.

This is a IMG and flashed via the USB Flash Tool.
    Do not ask for a update.zip as I just do not have time to do it. The new ZIP architecture is a PITA and takes a lot of time which I do not have.

Here is the download link:

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Yeah finally

Edit:
    Everything is working, ROM is fast and smooth.

I have two issues maybe someone can test and confirm:
    1:
    If Amazon underground apk is installed, android settings apk doesnt works/starts as soon the Amazon underground is uninstalled i have access to the android settings, tested twice.

2:
    Amazon prime Music doesnt works, Error 181 "check system time" or something like this, system time is correct but app still doesnt works.

Thank you for the update

Last edited by bangsergio; 11-08-2017, 11:52.

Comment

Hi, would this work on a Wetek Core? Looks like it's the same hardware, only with 8GB eMMC.

Thank you!

Comment

BIG THANKS !!! just to let alive a 3years old product!!! GREAT !

Comment

Thank you for this update.

Comment

Hey guys,
            I managed to get this working on my mxiii s802. its working great just no wifi or ethernet. normally al minix x8 plus work on this boxwith ethernet en bt. but not on this firmware. anybody know how te get that working or how to rip it from another rom?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can armbian run on MINIX NEO U9-H?

U9-H Specs

CPU: AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
              Hardware: Amlogic

GPU: Mali-T820
              OpenGL vendor: ARM
              OpenGL version: OpenGL ES 3.2 v1.r11po
              Version 6.0.1
              API: Level 23
              Kernel: Linux 3.14.29
              Build U9-H FW007A 20171020

If it is possible, please instruct me on how it is done...

Thanks,
              rbiam57

Comment

At first I want to say thanks a lot for this work! It's running really smooth and stable. I flashed it with a Sd card because the flashing tool wasn't working for me. But no problem!
                Only some small things I found :
                - Notifications not working on Homescreens. I have to open an app (doesn't matter witch on) to throw it down. It seems that Statusbar isn't working properly, no clock, no network icon and no notifications ticker. Is there a workaround for?
                I tried to change something in Nova Launcher settings and with xposed + gravity box, but no success
                - what is this black bar with this three points in the middle underneath the Navigationsbar an how can I switch it off? Seems to do nothing at all. When I hide the navbar it disappears but sometimes it stuck in some apps.
                - sometimes the navbar is overlapping buttons of some apps. So I have to hide navbar at first to click these buttons. But it's probably a problem with bad developed apps. On Homescreen it's enough space between navbar and dock

Comment

Hello the newest "Puffin Browser Pro" don't work correct with the Finless ROM and also with the original RC2 ROM from MINIX when I want to watch live turkish online TV channels for example with the following URL "http://www.next.web.tr/canlitv.php" I can just listen the sound but I see always a black screen without any picture but it works with the latest old original KitKat (4.4.2) firmware from MINIX perfect!
                  Last edited by Kilerim; 03-02-2018, 16:26.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Last edited by Kilerim; 08-01-2018, 01:48.

Comment

Magisk not work on these rom =( Please help Finless

Comment

Great job on the rom for the X8H. Brought my old box back to life.
                        Thanks very much.

Comment

I've found all Lollipop firmwares doesn't support 3.5 mm audio output, nevertheless there is option for it. Any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by bangsergio View Post
                            Yeah finally

Edit:
                            Everything is working, ROM is fast and smooth.

I have two issues maybe someone can test and confirm:
                            1:
                            If Amazon underground apk is installed, android settings apk doesnt works/starts as soon the Amazon underground is uninstalled i have access to the android settings, tested twice.

2:
                            Amazon prime Music doesnt works, Error 181 "check system time" or something like this, system time is correct but app still doesnt works.

Thank you for the update

I have the same problem with Amazon Prime Music and Netflix. Did you solve it?

Comment

Hoping someone will see this. I have an old Minix Neo X8-Plus I want to bring up to the present. Is there any mods to get Android 5 on to it?

Comment

Working...
                              X