M8s s812 ap6330 no Wifi, no Bluetooth !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Hibisxbit,
    I have the exact same PCB as you have (KCA-003 ver1.0) and have been trying out many different roms after I thought I could improve. Big mistake as I should have kept with the one that came with it.
    The origonal rom actually played all video formats fine including 4k HEVC. Every rom ive tried since has a problem with HEVC with out of sync audio and such.
    Is there nowhere that has the orig ROM? ive tried so many now my head is in a spin. I thought the Mat n200c one here had done it as it was the first in a while to make the wifi work but then has the re-boot sticking error as you mention.

My original said

Build Number :
    M8S build KOT49H.20150623 test-keys

Kernel Version :
    foxluo@skykirin-Server #5
    Wed Jun 17 09:02:15 CST 2015

thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by M8SSS View Post
      Hey Hibisxbit,
      I have the exact same PCB as you have (KCA-003 ver1.0) and have been trying out many different roms after I thought I could improve. Big mistake as I should have kept with the one that came with it.
      The origonal rom actually played all video formats fine including 4k HEVC. Every rom ive tried since has a problem with HEVC with out of sync audio and such.
      Is there nowhere that has the orig ROM? ive tried so many now my head is in a spin. I thought the Mat n200c one here had done it as it was the first in a while to make the wifi work but then has the re-boot sticking error as you mention.

My original said

Build Number :
      M8S build KOT49H.20150623 test-keys

Kernel Version :
      foxluo@skykirin-Server #5
      Wed Jun 17 09:02:15 CST 2015

thanks for any help
      First of all get twrp recovery for m8n 2.8.7.0. Put it on sd card and rename to recovery.img. Make a full back up of all partitions on to external sd card. If thays done , i will tell you what to do next.

Comment

Originally posted by dincis1 View Post

First of all get twrp recovery for m8n 2.8.7.0. Put it on sd card and rename to recovery.img. Make a full back up of all partitions on to external sd card. If thays done , i will tell you what to do next.
        Then make a bootable sd card using amlogic bootcard maker . Here is the firmware link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
        Put three files on bootable sd card. This is img firmare. And with av method flash it the blue light should blink. When its finished it will restart and you will get black screen , dont worry its ok, you will still can get into recovery.
        Next step download this firmware and put on sd card. Here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
        Next step..very important one...Now boot into first downloaded firmwares recovery(dont put sd card with second firmware in yet) Just boot into first flashed firmwares recovery using av method. When in recovery do a factory reset wipe data and cache. When thats done dont reboot, put sd card in slot and choose update from ext and then choose firmware on sd card. When its done, reboot device. This firmware works, but no wifi no bt.
        Next step...power off device, prepare sd card with twrp recovery for m8n 2.8.7.0, rename it to recovery img and with av method boot into twrp first choose option wipe, adwanced wipe, check two options, cache and dalvik cache and wipe them. .next choose option install look for your recovery img on ext sd card ,select it and flash it in recovery partition...Next step put in sd card with preaviosly made backup of your system with working wifi and do a restore. When its done reboot system and everything is working. I used 2 or three sd cards for quicker job. Let me know, how did it go...good luck

Comment

Hi Dincis1,
          Thanks for the reply. I have a working box with another rom on it. I'm just after the stock ROM (Skykirin KOT49H.20150623 test-keys) if possible which I did not backup unfortunately.
          Now I know how to using TWRP though.
          Those google drive links don't work? Is the stock rom in one of those links?
          Maybe if someone buys one of these boxes they could backup the rom and share with us. A long shot but worth an ask.
          Thanks.
          Last edited by M8SSS; 12-13-2015, 12:48.

Comment

Hi Dincis1,
            Thanks for the reply. I have a working box with another rom on it. I'm just after the stock ROM (Skykirin KOT49H.20150623 test-keys) if possible which I did not backup unfortunately.
            Now I know how to using TWRP though.
            Those google drive links don't work? Is the stock rom in one of those links?
            Maybe if someone buys one of these boxes they could backup the rom and share with us. A long shot but worth an ask.
            Thanks.
            No unfortenately i dont have stock rom, i didnt back it up. I enquired seller for firmware, he gave me the wrong one so i gave up. Maybe you can ask from your seller for one?

Comment

It was a random **** purchase so no dice there.
              Anyway I'm now using the mat n200c Rom from post #13 and managed to fix the boot freeze problem using your technique in post #35 so thanks for that.
              The ethernet speed is a bit rubbish for some reason but it will do for now.
              Is there some reason all the google drive links don't work any more or is that from my side?

Comment

It was a random **** purchase so no dice there.
                Anyway I'm now using the mat n200c Rom from post #13 and managed to fix the boot freeze problem using your technique in post #35 so thanks for that.
                The ethernet speed is a bit rubbish for some reason but it will do for now.
                Is there some reason all the google drive links don't work any more or is that from my side?
                Yep, they are not working, checked today...probably the owner of the links wiped them...i had the same problem with boot freeze and found that workaround...probably its something to do with uboot.bin . As u do a backup it probably dont recover uboot , in that case its using preavios flashed uboot, thats only my guess. Why are you trying to find stock fm, it was abit of rubbish laggy imo, this one very stable

Comment

The Stock was the best I've tried so far. At least it played any video file I through at it.
                  I thought I could improve wifi with another ROM but as I can use ethernet anyway I shouldn't have bothered.
                  So A few things I've found with the Mat 200c ROM.
                  I only get 30mbs on ethernet. Other roms usually max out at 90+ mbs.(so nearly the full 100m)
                  This seems to be buggy installing apps. Sometimes I have to install a few times for them to "stick". Kodi force closes often as do alot of other apps.
                  Just when I thought I had a good one........the search continues

edit : I went into TWRP, fixed permisions, deleted cache and dalvik cache forcing android to re-optimise the apps and it seems to have cured all of the above including the ethernet speed.
                  I've also noticed this ROM seems to do a full shutdown when you power off which I've never seen before which is interesting and how I prefer it.
                  Last edited by M8SSS; 12-14-2015, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by hipisxbit View Post
                    This firmware is interesting , includes 3 drivers bluetoth and 5 to wifi, as a rule, the others firmware does not have more than one to bluetoth , and two wifi . here is : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                    any chance of re uploading those roms etc? all the links are dead

Comment

Did u try this one m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB
                      via USB burning tool?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Try this

Download this

the recovery without the firmware can be found at[/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/B][/COLOR]
                        https://mega.nz/#!rtQThSLY!p1M3SMIM9dQUlGpsbBM2J1sQmKW5aK9Mrqs_r-5P1HU
                        https://yadi.sk/d/jWisW5B3mRAr9 (mirror)
                        http://sntech.tk/kii/kii-sdrecovery-package.zip (last resort)

And Download this Firmware (It is for a KII its a Unit with the s812 rom 2gb of ram and contains the ap6330 module)
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Here is How You Would install this

Download the kii recovery package (the first set of links) and extract the files and copy them to the root of a micro sd card (if you dont have a microsd card slot then skip this)

Then download the firmware and copy the zip to the sd card (or flash it however you flash roms)

NOTE: this will wipe the /cache and /data partitions of the unit.

This rom may or may not work for you but the unit has very similar hardware

Now after you have copied the recovery package to the microsd card power off your unit by removing the power cable, and pop the microsd card into the slot that says microsd or (TF card) then plug the power cable back in. (note:make sure you have the stock remove for this part otherwise i cannot guarantee you will be able to use the recovery with a keyboard/mouse)
                        allow the unit to boot into system recovery and select apply update from ext and then select the ft4_signed.zip file and hit ok on the remote
                        Good luck,

Also you will have root access,

Comment

The Stock was the best I've tried so far. At least it played any video file I through at it.
                          I thought I could improve wifi with another ROM but as I can use ethernet anyway I shouldn't have bothered.
                          I only get 30mbs on ethernet. Other roms usually max out at 90+ mbs.(so nearly the full 100m)
                          This seems to be buggy installing apps. Sometimes I have to install a few times for them to "stick". Kodi force closes often as do alot of other apps.

edit : I went into TWRP, fixed permisions, deleted cache and dalvik cache forcing android to re-optimise the apps and it seems to have cured all of the above including the ethernet speed.
                          I've also noticed this ROM seems to do a full shutdown when you power off which I've never seen before which is interesting and how I prefer it.
                          Hello.. fuxlou is the man you are looking for, he has a bun ch of firmwares in the link bellow , iam shore you will find the right one http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?...527696&third=0

Comment

For others who are nterested , i will provide withthe links from baidu with bunch of firmware files. just google how to sign up with pan baidu and download them....here they are
                            百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?...404270&third=0 in this link just go thrue the folders and you will find n200c firmware files and others
                            happy chasing and good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamiehaworth View Post
                              any chance of re uploading those roms etc? all the links are dead
                              Here is the link with fw files http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?...404270&third=0 look for m8s nopmu wificompactbility, good look there is also bunch of different fw files you can check.

Comment

Told you, its a good and stable one

Comment

Working...
                                X