X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by stantech View Post
    All the links to the firmware that work with wifi and BT are dead. i need the firmware for my M8S which lost wifi and BT after update. someone help
    Hi ,

you can ask the specific Users with PM , if they still have it ,

greetings / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• stantech
    replied
    All the links to the firmware that work with wifi and BT are dead. i need the firmware for my M8S which lost wifi and BT after update. someone help

Leave a comment:

• davey boi
    replied
    m8s n200c not bcm4335 firmware update

Leave a comment:

• Nullstack
    replied
    Hello M8SSS, how did you flash this firmware? When I try to install it, TWRP says it's not for this device.

Thanks.

Edit: Solved. I can't run the installer from TWRP so I modified the 5.1.1 zip and the update script, I remove the line where it checks the versions and force the update. Now it works.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Nullstack; 05-15-2017, 07:35.

Leave a comment:

• M8SSS
    replied
    Originally posted by dincis1 View Post

Well done. I am happy for you
    Thanks. I hope someone finds that useful.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by M8SSS View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20170410_150207 (Large).jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	640647Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20170410_150310 (Large).jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	640648

So I'd given up on this box and was considering tossing it the trash but thought I'd give it one last go with a 5.1.1 Rom.
    I'd tried various 5.1 roms before and nothing would even boot.
    Then I tried this one
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...8s-tv-box.html
    and lo and behold it installed and it does not suffer from the boot logo sticking problem I had with most other ROMs.

When unzipped the archive is a zip plus twrp v3 recovery. I put these on an SD card, booted to twrp and just ran a zip install on the archive.
    On booting the remote didn't work so I installed the 2nd Gen Square M8N remote file from here
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...e-patcher-zips
    using a wireless keyboard and mouse. Just boot to twrp again and run the install on the remote zip
    So the wifi works but only connects at 65mbs on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz but the speedtest.net app reports about 45mbs on the web which is fine for most things I do with it. Bluetooth seems to work as well.
    The ethernet does not work if anyone knows how to fix that? No one seems to know on the web.
    All in all it feels quite solid and even runs Kodi 17.1 pretty well.
    I'm glad I didn't throw it away now
    Well done. I am happy for you

Leave a comment:

• M8SSS
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170410_150207 (Large).jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	640647Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170410_150310 (Large).jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	640648

So I'd given up on this box and was considering tossing it the trash but thought I'd give it one last go with a 5.1.1 Rom.
    I'd tried various 5.1 roms before and nothing would even boot.
    Then I tried this one
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...8s-tv-box.html
    and lo and behold it installed and it does not suffer from the boot logo sticking problem I had with most other ROMs.

When unzipped the archive is a zip plus twrp v3 recovery. I put these on an SD card, booted to twrp and just ran a zip install on the archive.
    On booting the remote didn't work so I installed the 2nd Gen Square M8N remote file from here
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...e-patcher-zips
    using a wireless keyboard and mouse. Just boot to twrp again and run the install on the remote zip
    So the wifi works but only connects at 65mbs on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz but the speedtest.net app reports about 45mbs on the web which is fine for most things I do with it. Bluetooth seems to work as well.
    The ethernet does not work if anyone knows how to fix that? No one seems to know on the web.
    All in all it feels quite solid and even runs Kodi 17.1 pretty well.
    I'm glad I didn't throw it away now

Leave a comment:

• Nullstack
    replied
    Hello M8SSS,

I have the same pcb and tried your method, but for me it doesn't work. If I restore the legacy rom, the boot problem persists, and If I leave the boot of the stane, the box boots but wi-fi is not working.
    Anyone has the rigth firmware for this box?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• M8SSS
    replied
    If anyone wants to try this for a kca-003 board with original
    Build Number :
    M8S build KOT49H.20150623 test-keys

Kernel Version :
    foxluo@skykirin-Server #5
    Wed Jun 17 09:02:15 CST 2015

Dpwnload usb card maker from here

https://mega.nz/#!bsUHyARa!N-ehx3OTqTR7PTojhfKOVFH1Vm48419UfMyiJmAkldI
    and create a blank, at least 2gb in size, sd card with included u-boot.bin file.

Download the twrp bundle from here
    https://mega.nz/#!D4FzSYwR!cMtDlQ_Zy...0z8OExJoHQ4cio

It contains twrp with two fresh install backups of the Mat (legacy) rom which is the one we want (but has a boot loop problem) and a rom which loads ok but has a few problems called stane.
    Copy the twrp folder (inside the zip) and recovery.img file to the root of the sd card you just created.

Put the sd card into your android box and boot to twrp via the tooth pick method.
    (with the power connector out, push a tooth pick into the 1/8" audio jack until you feel a click. Keep the tooth pick there and plug in the power. Keep the tooth pick in until the teamwin logo appears then you can let go)

I've found twrp to be a lot easier to use with an external mouse / keyboard either wireless or wired plugged into a usb port.
    Restore the stane backup and reboot the box. (click restore. change the storage location to external sd card if need be and then select all partitions if they are not selected already)
    Hopefully the stane rom will boot and when it gets to the welcome screen unplug the power to the box.
    Reboot to twrp via the toothpick method again.
    This time restore the legacy rom
    When finished and still within twrp, wipe the cache and dalvik cache.
    Reboot the box and hopefully the legacy rom will boot. Be patient as the legacy boot screen stays on for a while.

Check you havn't got the boot problem by unplugging the power and re-booting. if the legacy rom boots without sticking on the logo screen then you are good to go.

If you get the legacy boot screen freezing try restoring the stane rom again, then the legacy rom, then still within twrp, clear the cache and dalvik before you re-boot.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Let me know if anyone has sucess.

Leave a comment:

• Alsybub
    replied
    I wasn't able to get any of the firmware posted in this thread to work but for anyone with the kca-003 board who has no WiFi or Bluetooth, after much searching and experimentation I found a burning tool image that actually works and I couldn't not share it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B26...ew?usp=sharing

For some reason it didn't boot without using a u-boot.bin on the SD card that I know works but I worked out how to just flash the u-boot and all is fine. You may find that yours boots without the extra step. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Morikone View Post
    No, it does not help. Where is the problem of the firmware ((Root Explorer can write to the memory card only if you mount a partition in the record. Other programs can not.

These problems not only for me alone. The forum 4pda we discussed this disease firmware.
    I sold that box a while ago,..Did you try some different fw from link i provided earlier on.?

Leave a comment:

• Morikone
    replied
    No, it does not help. Where is the problem of the firmware ((Root Explorer can write to the memory card only if you mount a partition in the record. Other programs can not.

These problems not only for me alone. The forum 4pda we discussed this disease firmware.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Morikone View Post
    I noticed a bug. This firmware (KOT49H.20151110 test-keys) does not allow recording with sd card (((How to heal - I Do not Know. Editing platform.xml solves nothing
    Try kitkat sd fix apk... if doesnot help, then make a restore in twrp....probably some previously installed apk makes a trouble

Leave a comment:

• Morikone
    replied
    I noticed a bug. This firmware (KOT49H.20151110 test-keys) does not allow recording with sd card (((How to heal - I Do not Know. Editing platform.xml solves nothing

Leave a comment:

• Morikone
    replied
    Originally posted by dincis1 View Post

Good ....i had abig headdache with this box earlier on...firrmware works great. There are lot of firmwares on baidu, if you go from my profile you can get a lot off them
    Yes, I do not need more and firmware, the main thing that it has over-menie normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X