M8S Can't Flash ROM. HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S Can't Flash ROM. HELP!!!

Hey guys, I’m a noob when it comes to android tv boxes so I hope someone can help me with my problem.
    So I recently purchased a M8S Box (S812 2GB RAM) and I thought the box was a brilliant bit of kit, but the UI had extreme lag. So I did a little Googling and found that a lot of people said that Megatron ROM was pretty good, so I downloaded it from mega-tron.tv and attempted to flash it.
    • First I put the whole .zip file into my SD card and entered recovery and selected ‘Apply update from EXT’. Didn’t work.
    • I realised I was meant to extract the .zip file so I did that. Copied the contents of the .zip file to my sd card and tried again through ‘Apply update from EXT’. Didn’t work.
    • After the flash failed I rebooted the box and then tried to enter recovery again, but I couldn’t, it was stuck on the blue/green Amlogic logo for ages and doesn’t boot. So then I disconnected the power and reconnected then it rebooted as normal.
    • Then I tried flashing the Megatron ROM through the power and reset button method. Tried it many times, but same result, it was stuck on the blue/green Amlogic logo for ages and doesn’t boot. Had to disconnect/reconnect power to get it to boot as normal.
    • So I tried to flash the recovery through Rashr app. It said success but when I selected reboot into recovery, stuck on the blue/green amlogic logo
    • So then I tried flashing Megatron ROM through FlashFire APK. It did the whole process, but got stuck on the blue/green Amlogic logo again.
    • And, I can’t factory reset the device it gets stuck on the blue/green amlogic logo .
    The current firmware on the device is: KOT49H.20150827 test-keys
    I’m at a complete loss for ideas. Would really appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gulmul; 01-27-2016, 15:43.

Finally, Solved it, well sort of.

So I downloaded the Stock firmware from http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/ and then flashed it using the Bootable SD card method (http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....c-devices.html). It flashed fine and I got the recovery back. I tried installing Megatron ROM, but it came up with 'cannot install over newer build' (something along those lines). So i gave up. But it was fine as the stock ROM i installed improved the UI fluidity and apps launched quicker too.

Anyway hope this helps anyone who encounters the same or similar problems to me.

Comment

Working...
    X