Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leelbox Q3 bricked. Just another clone?

Hey guys,

I managed to brick my Leelbox Q3. I was trying to get the notificationbar working by flashing xposed framework. After that it just got me to the bootscreen and got stuck. Then I tried to flash another Firmware via the recoverymenu. Suddenly the box turned off and I got no signal in my TV (blue led was off, spdif light was on.). Then I tried to flash the Firmware dia posted here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...81-bricked-m8s via the bootable SD Card and toothpick Method. I noticed that the cooler (the metalthing glued to the main chip) got really hot. After a few minutes the blue led went on, spdif light went off and thats it. Cooler now stays cool, and I think its now fully bricked? Maybe the main chip got destroyed by the heath? Any chance to unbrick it?

​​​Here are some pictures:

Hello ! I had the same problem. I contacted the people at Leelbox and they sent me the files that should be put on the card.
    You have to make a sd card with Amlogic Bootcard Maker , tick partitioning , and format FAT; link to Bootcard Maker : http://www.mediafire.com/download/mf...ard_v1.0.1.rar . After that copy files from this link on SD card : Download . Insert the SD card in Leelbox, push the button inside the audio jack with nonmetal stick (wood) and plug the power, keep button down until the blue led start blinking and Android robot is on your screen.

Comment

Thank you for your anwser. Will try when Im at home.

I tried it with a-a-usbcable and USB burning tool (some different versions) but USB burning tool just couldnt find my box...

Comment

It does not work with USB Burning Tool. It is a clone of M8. Firmware is modified for M8S + . Works made sure the files on the SD card. I, after recovery can not start it by remote control. Turn it ON only if the power cord is out and put it back.

Comment

I dropped Android and install Libreelec . It is faster and better for movies and runs excellent Kodi 16.1. I use this : http://amlinux.ru/image/8xx/7.0.2/Li...0.2-update.zip
          It installs as a normal Android update from recovery mode.

Comment

Hello, i have the same problem as DJJONAS. The unit looks bricked, no light (apart from SPDIF), no video, no recovery screen, tried what "Bricked M8S+" thread says but no luck. Using USB-USB method it only reaches 2% and starts all over again. Using another firmware from other thread, it reaches 4% and restarts
            florinevolva can you upload the firmware you got from the maker again? I will give it a shot

Thanks!

Comment

Ok ! Here is the link : https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...9063442/75902f

Comment

Thanks florinevolva! Still no luck. Nothing happens using SD method.
                Tried the .img file in USB Burning Tool but it says "Create workflow xml failed"
                Where did you get in contact with the people at Leelbox?

Comment

Finally it's working!
                  I've changed the USB Burning Tool to 2.0.7.2, reaches 94% and gives a temperature error. Then, i changed the computer and USB Burning Tool (2.0.5.15 build 9) and sucess!
                  Thanks florinevolva!

Comment

I have a similar problem, however, I haven't bricked my Leelbox Q3. I want to update my SU to SuperSU but have been unable to. In addition, I want to install TWRP and have been unable to do so by all of the other "usual methods". Does anyone think this bootcardmaker will help me flash the twrp recovery? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

OK, well, I see there isn't a lot of activity on this board, and I understand that. I took it upon myself to contact the manufacturers of the Q3 directly and asked them for a link to the image for my device. After an initial miscommunication i attribute to "lost in translation" they kindly gave me a link to the download. (Sorry, I have a "sort-of" NDA with them, so don't ask for me to post the files). They didn't provide a lot of information on how to create the boot SD card I used, but I will tell you what I did. I downloaded BootCardMaker (see bursadigital link below) then followed the instructions posted at Stane1983's place to create the bootable SD. This restored my system to the original condition I received it in. I used Kingroot to replace the native root which did not respond to my attempts to replace it with SuperSU then removed KingRoot with SuperSume. I am now in the process of figuring out which TWRP to install (any help would be appreciated). I want to thank Stane1983 for his posting and the people at bursadigital.blogspot.com for theirs. Here's a few pictures of the hardware for you. There were only four screws holding the cover on and four holding the board down.

Download Amlogic Tools: BootCardMaker & USB_Burning_Tool v2.0.0.140306_Alpha from here , here or here . You can download Amlogic Image Burn...

Click image for larger version

Name:	top view of Q3.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	604574 Click image for larger version

Name:	Q3 inside - full view top.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	604573 Click image for larger version

Name:	Q3 Board ID.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	604572 Click image for larger version

Name:	Q3 -obverse silkscreen ID.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	604571
                      Download Amlogic Tools: BootCardMaker & USB_Burning_Tool v2.0.0.140306_Alpha from here , here or here . You can download Amlogic Image Burn...

Comment

florinevolva can you upload the firmware you got from the maker again?

Comment

I have this same problem, same box, can anyone share working firmware and Boot Files , I can do SD or USB HOWEVER MINE IS FAILING AT % AS OTHERS HAVE SAID , Any help is appreciated. ? ? Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200322_193220830.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.4 KB ID:	800321? ?
                          Larry wants to learn!

Comment

Leave this section other aml 812
                            Go to S812 section check threads on pages 6 thru 13
                            Start on page 8 thread dankec 10,000 plus views
                            Keep reading back in time to page 12 or further

Comment

Working...
                            X