Semi-Bricked S812 Device, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-Bricked S812 Device, please help

Hi guys, this a great resource you have here, I hope you can help me.

So I have the T8 Pro N Box (specifications from the seller at amazon below)
    • CPU: AML8726-s812 quad-core cortex-A9 frequency:2.0G
    • GPU: Mali-450 8-Core GPU
    • RAM 2G DDR3 & FLASH 8GB, 1080P, H265. Support 4K2K, Blue-ray 3D decode
    • Support DLNA, Miracast, Airplay, Dolby DTS etc, KODI: V16.0
    • WIFI: Dual channel WIFI 2.4GHz/5.0GHz AP6330

The code on the Motherboard is S812_V13 7R21 (see image)

Like most people I’m trying to get Kodi 17.1 on my device and the stock (rooted) firmware on the my T8 Pro was 4.4 and Krypton required 5.0 and above.

So after a bit or research I thought I had found a compatible firmware:

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...ro-tv-box.html

I placed the files on an SD card, held the rest button, turned on the device and continued to hold the reset button for 30 seconds before releasing, but all I got was a black screen.

Every power up of the device since brings up a black screen that I believe indicates no signal, I even tried connecting with AV cables cause i know HD devices can be a bit glitchy sometimes especially after updates.

Moving on I started by trying the fix the problem by downloading the Amlogic BootcardMaker, but to be honest it didn't seem to do anything, it says success but when I look at the SD card nothing seems to have changed (no files) nether the less I inserted the card and went through the power up reset procedure again with no result.

I then started to download what I believed to be be compatible firmware’s but I am still haven’t no joy there (I'll update the firmware’s I have tries later).

I feel like I might be doing something wrong with the unbrick procedure, also I see some firmware’s have 3 files while others have 5 files, the uboot file is also a little confusing for me.

Could someone help guide me out of this fog, I’m actually quite enjoying trying to unbrick this thing and would really appreciate the gudance.

My motherboard seems to be the same board as the person in the post below, but this thread didn't help me resolve the issue.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...with-ne-t8-box
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

DrunkSequence Did you ever find a working rom for this board? I am yet to find a sd card bootable recovery rom or a rom in USB Burn tool IMG format. Thanks

Comment

Hi, it seems to me that when you upgrade to a higher version, from 4.42 to 5.11, it is imperative to flash with a usb male / usb male cable, the Amlogic USB Burning Tool application and the firmware as an .img file. If you use the method with SD Card there is a risk of brick. Perhaps you should try the "AMLogic Tools" to rebuild a ROM from the information in the T8 Pro folder Colour_lr-5.1-0118.rar.

Comment

Working...
      X