Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXIII-Plus new Firmware 103L1 10-05-2015 /104L1 10-20-2015(made for MXIII-G)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXIII-Plus new Firmware 103L1 10-05-2015 /104L1 10-20-2015(made for MXIII-G)

Hi, there is a new firmware for the MXIII-G posted on the beelink subforum, i was desperate to test it and see, it works with some improvements (html5 playback fixed) but also one negative effect also reported on the beelink forum (reboot after several minutes on some devices).

However, after seeing that the firmware works fine, i also wanted to see if i am right and the reboots were caused by kernel. I flashed 102L1 firmware, installed flashify, did a backup of the kernel, moved it to external sd, reflashed 103L1 (btw i unticked the erase flash option) and restored the older stable kernel version. Viola, now i have a frankenstein device claiming to be a MXIII-G working stable so far.

You can find the download link here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...289#post528289

Flashify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...-6LIiLU6SFv4AC

Edit: I also managed the device to identify it as a MXIII Plus by editing the build.prop file accordingly.

Edit2: Latest firmware is 104L1, you can find the download here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...h-october-2015
    it also needed the 102L1 kernel because the one that comes with it shuts down the device after a few minutes.
    Gesendet von meinem LG-H815
    Last edited by FadeFx; 10-22-2015, 20:12.

I've been doing similar with s802 KitKat kernels to get WiFi working etc.
    Surely u lose some of the kernel updates though?

Comment

Definitely, but i doubt there are much changes in the kernel currently, most bugs i came across for now are in rom.

Comment

...download link is not working....

Comment

Its on page 17 of that thread, something either on freaktab or on tapatalk is trying to freak me out...

Edit: something is seriously wrong here, hadto go to the browser to get the post link: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...289#post528289
          Last edited by FadeFx; 10-19-2015, 15:00.

Comment

hi,

I don't know what is going on either...second link still takes me to the Freaktab Home page......could you please just tell me the name of the thread..I'll take it from there..

Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by freakkid
              hi,

I don't know what is going on either...second link still takes me to the Freaktab Home page......could you please just tell me the name of the thread..I'll take it from there..

Thanx!
              Second link and the one in first post are ok now, the post is no 151 on the thread "Beta Lollipop Firmware - MXIII-G(S812+1/2G+GigaEthernet)" in beelink aml devices subforum

Comment

Thanx..strange that I have 2 mxIII Plus...was able to install 103L1 on one but the other kept rebooting every few minutes...I will attempt to install the 102L1 kernal into 103L1 firmware as a temporary solution until Tronsmart get off their ass and update the devices to 103L1..
                Last edited by freakkid; 10-20-2015, 17:18.

Comment

Thanx..strange that I have 2 mxIII Plus...was able to install 103L1 on one but the other kept rebooting every few minutes...I will attempt to install the 102 kernal into 103 rom as a temporary solution until Tronsmart get off their ass and update the devices to 103L1..
                  The reboots seem to happen on some beelink mxiii-g as well, so it looks like some too agressive cpu voltage/timing settings not all cpus can handle. Its a minor issue and i am sure the next kernel version will have it solved.

Comment

Well...it works...was able to install the new MXIII-G 104L1 rom with the 102L1 Tronsmart MX Plus kernal....no more reboots! Thanx again....

Comment

Well...it works...was able to install the new MXIII-G 104L1 rom with the 102L1 Tronsmart MX Plus kernal....no more reboots! Thanx again....
                      Same here, i am currently running 104L1 without bigger issues. Only thing i have seen until now is that it soft-rebooted twice after uninstalling big apps, but i have to investigate a bit further for more details. Currently i am not able to reliably reproduce it.

Comment

With 104L1 i came across one issue, it lookstome like the bluetooth mac address is not everytime propperly read, sixaxis controller app sometimes shows a real address and sometimes it shows 10:20:30:40:50:60 if the real address is read, sixaxis controller works and i was able to play real racing 3, but next time the fake address was displayed and it did not work at all.

Comment

Hello,

Does this firmware work with Transmart MXiii Plus? The beta 5.1 firmware that came witht he device is so buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by jbizzle
                            Hello,

Does this firmware work with Transmart MXiii Plus? The beta 5.1 firmware that came witht he device is so buggy.
                            Yes it does, but with the kernel from 102L1 firmware, the other kernels cause shutdowns after some minutes.

If you use the 104L1 firmware it is actually quite good, also the bluetooth issue i have seen before is gone as well.

You could also wait some days for the final tronsmart release, that should work out of the box...

Comment

I try flash ota zip in stock recovery, but stop an say No N200 platform... Any solution?

Inviato dal mio SM-G925T utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X