Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart MXIII Powered via USB Port

Hi,

Finally updated my firmware today and noticed when I unplugged the AC Adaptor cable from the MXIII power socket, the device was still powered and operating!.

I have a powered USB hub attached (from experimenting with webcams). I wasn't aware that a powered USB hub would flow power back to the host, nor the host accepting accepting it as a power source.

So it appears the device can draw power from the USB Ports (and operate OK), although I'm unsure how favourable it is to do so.

Fattious.

How efficiently it will work will depend on the load that you put through it at any given time.

The fact that you have a powered USB attached means that it may deliver enough juice for some things.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you fully populated the ports and then used the Box for something that would give the SOC something meaty to process and see if it falls over.

What is the AC rating of your USB hub?

Quite a few I know of can deliver up to 5v/1.5a and many of these kinds of boxes come with 5v/2 or 3a, which is required when stretching the usage, so you may well get away with your setup for most, if not all the time.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
    X