Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balbes150
    replied
    In the LE using an outdated version multi-download. It can only run LE. Activate your universal multiboot (using the image of Armbian).

Leave a comment:

• xkamilsonx
    replied
    Hi Everyone i need help, i try install to linux ubuntu mate my device but i have problem. My tv box its Measy B4A working on amlogic s812 and its twin tronsmart mx III plus same parameters.
    I try everything and i use all dtb. files in base but nothing working my device. Librelecec working i use this thread https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/28...ges-for-7-8-x/ use image from mxIIIplus 2G working perfect why linux dosen,t start ??

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by aeoros View Post
    hi, I have problems with the universal multi-boot. what can I do or send as debug info to help?, or is there a twrp zp to change te boot loader?
    Write in detail what steps you are doing.

Leave a comment:

• aeoros
    replied
    hi, I have problems with the universal multi-boot. what can I do or send as debug info to help?, or is there a twrp zp to change te boot loader?

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Image update Armbian S812_3.10.107_20171124.
    Fixed bug with start Armbian from SD cards (check run with all the dtb files in them is different).
    You can use 720p and 1080p (via the file "/boot/hdmi.sh").
    Updated packages to current versions.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    View /dev/data /dev/system, etc.

Leave a comment:

• gtiberio
    replied
    Any hints on accessing Android internal storage from Linux?
    I mean, is there a Linux device mapping for it?

Leave a comment:

• gtiberio
    replied
    Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

What image are you using ?
    After my last post, I did more searching and found one post by balbes150 in another forum talking about poor quality of SD cards.
    So I tried to boot from an USB drive, and it worked!
    Now I have MXIII Plus running Ubuntu xenial (server edition)!!

balbes150, thank you for all your work on Linux ROMs!

By the way, I used meson8m2_n200_2G_1000.dtb as dtb image

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by gtiberio View Post
    I followed instructions but it did not work with my MXIII Plus.
    Screen flickers some times, after that nothing on screen.
    Maybe the dtb.img?
    balbes150 tested on MXIII Plus? Which dtb file did you copy to root folder?
    What image are you using ?

Leave a comment:

• gtiberio
    replied
    I followed instructions but it did not work with my MXIII Plus.
    Screen flickers some times, after that nothing on screen.
    Maybe the dtb.img?
    balbes150 tested on MXIII Plus? Which dtb file did you copy to root folder?

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    It's like trying to install only one motor from the truck to the passenger car. For this motor you need the appropriate wheels, body, etc.

Leave a comment:

• serjy
    replied
    balbes150, thank you for reply) I know, this question was discussed million times, but i still not clear understend, why? If LibreELEC uses the same kernel, and Mali codec availible for it's Kodi build, why it not avalible in other Kody build for similar Linux OS at the same kernel?? where is a tric?)
    As i suppose, main difference between LibreELEC and your Linux builds for Amlogic - additional grafic libraries and applications, but Kodi in LibreELEC does not requres it, so why we cannot build and run same Kodi on your Arclinux?

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by serjy View Post

I think, Kodi package with amlcodec support will be enough for Armbian. All other applications (include browser) are fast enought. Problem is only with video playback.
    Kodi includes plug-ins for for all most popular videoservices, so its only component that should be re-built, i suppose.
    KODI is a just a wrapper over the codecs, libraries and other software, they need the pen to collect with support for mali.

Leave a comment:

• serjy
    replied
    Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

To support the HW you need to rebuild all components with this support. Are you ready to do this ?
    I think, Kodi package with amlcodec support will be enough for Armbian. All other applications (include browser) are fast enought. Problem is only with video playback.
    Kodi includes plug-ins for for all most popular videoservices, so its only component that should be re-built, i suppose.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by serjy View Post
    Thank you, balbes150, for exellent job! i've tried to install last image on my M8S box, it work wery well!
    Only one dissapiontment: no HD media playback.... I've tried to install Kodi form Debian distro, but it even did not starts... I suppose, main problem is poor graphic support from Amlogic?
    But Kodi in OpenELEC include amlcodec with exellent performance at the (same?) kernel, so why you cannot use it in your images?
    Or, may be, there is any chance to compille Kodi fork for Armbian with same built-in Mali support as in OpenELEC?
    To support the HW you need to rebuild all components with this support. Are you ready to do this ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X