No announcement yet.

Linux for Amlogic S802 \ S812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hints on accessing Android internal storage from Linux?
    I mean, is there a Linux device mapping for it?

Comment

View /dev/data /dev/system, etc.

Comment

Image update Armbian S812_3.10.107_20171124.
        Fixed bug with start Armbian from SD cards (check run with all the dtb files in them is different).
        You can use 720p and 1080p (via the file "/boot/hdmi.sh").
        Updated packages to current versions.

Comment

hi, I have problems with the universal multi-boot. what can I do or send as debug info to help?, or is there a twrp zp to change te boot loader?

Comment

Originally posted by aeoros View Post
            hi, I have problems with the universal multi-boot. what can I do or send as debug info to help?, or is there a twrp zp to change te boot loader?
            Write in detail what steps you are doing.

Comment

Hi Everyone i need help, i try install to linux ubuntu mate my device but i have problem. My tv box its Measy B4A working on amlogic s812 and its twin tronsmart mx III plus same parameters.
              I try everything and i use all dtb. files in base but nothing working my device. Librelecec working i use this thread https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/28...ges-for-7-8-x/ use image from mxIIIplus 2G working perfect why linux dosen,t start ??

Comment

In the LE using an outdated version multi-download. It can only run LE. Activate your universal multiboot (using the image of Armbian).

Comment

balbes thank you so much for your work

I'm trying to install armbian in a matricom gbox q2, which is a s812 2gb ram with a mali-450

1) Downloaded this image: Armbian_5.41_S812_Debian_stretch_3.10.108_server_2 0180402
                  2) Burned to an sdcard
                  3) Booted box with reset button
                  4) When it boots, there an initial screen with lots of artifacts, then video signal goes down and never comes back after waiting a few minutes.

I tried with a bunch of dtb without success.

I've sucessfully booted a libreelec image from the community (LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-M8S-PLUS). So I though of opening this image to copy the dtb.img inside it and try with it, but nothing again.

Any ideas? Thanks

Comment

Which version of LE did you take the file from ?

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                      Which version of LE did you take the file from ?
                      hi balbes, it's 8.2.3

I was also able to extract 8 dts files the boot.img belonging to the official android firmware for this box.

Comment

Files from this LE version is not suitable for Armbian. Send me dts files and if so , output from the UART console, which describes which dtb is used from these 8 options.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                          Files from this LE version is not suitable for Armbian. Send me dts files and if so , output from the UART console, which describes which dtb is used from these 8 options.
                          This is the dts for the file extracted from the LE image https://pastebin.com/jhSVA2D6

For the others, I would need to confirm which is actually being loaded. I'm not entirely sure how to do it, I'll do some research.

Comment

You have a model on the platform m8m2

Comment

Has anyone managed to get HDMI CEC working on any of these images?
                              Last edited by boda; 06-01-2018, 10:38.

Comment

Hello. I own this tv box https://www.banggood.com/MXIII-4K-2G...-p-952057.html (K200 version). The problem is that i cannot make it boot ambian. There is a screen flickering and then the monitor deactivates and nothing for half an hour or so. Any idea?

Comment

Working...
                                X