Linux for Amlogic S802 \ S812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!
    There is a Minix Neo X8-H Plus box. How do I start Armbian? No way (I made a boot folder and also copied boot.scr)
    Sorry for my weak English.

Comment

Originally posted by maddone View Post
      Hello!
      There is a Minix Neo X8-H Plus box. How do I start Armbian? No way (I made a boot folder and also copied boot.scr)
      Sorry for my weak English.
      Hello, I need to ask this stupid question... I have an aging m8 tv box.(k200)..so i would like to ask if it's viable to run Armbian on it... Currently i have a beelink x2 running just beautifully armbian ....GREAT job to all the devs .....but i am thinking of using it more as a TV box and less as...

Comment

Thank You!

This armbian working for SD card: "Armbian_5.44_S812_Debian_stretch_3.10.108_server_ 20180521.img.xz"

If I run install.sh it will install but will not boot from internal storage. Only black images are received.

I run in android update "aml_autoscript.zip." Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by maddone View Post

I run in android update "aml_autoscript.zip." Nothing
          Yea, mainly this not works. I didnt find any image would work with this script.

Comment

I can't for the love of God get this to work under Linux... So frustrating... I tried dozens of methods from various websites. I can't make my Minix Neo X8-H Plus boot linux, well armbian....

Comment

[sigh]
              I browsed the topic that you quoted, but it's simply not clear enough to follow... I mean, there are so many people, with so many different boxes each with a different CPU and memory amount... I wish there was a post where everything would be explained step-by-step. I am volunteering to write it in plain, concise English if I knew how to do it.
              [/sigh]

Comment

Dear Balbes, I'm a very new user, but I'm planning on turning my Minix X8-H into a Linux Machine (Armbian or anything is fine) so that I can turn it into a NAS. My X8-H is a S802 machine. If you could, can you reply with a step-by-step instruction of how I can turn my android box into a Linux machine? I'm extremely new, so every step that you think is self-explanatory will probably confuse me, so please try to explain in laymen form. Thanks Alot Again ??

Comment

Working...
                X