Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Stock] Tronsmart MXIII Plus new firmware 106L1_151029

Hi MXIII Plus Users,

The latest firmware 106L1 are released both from OTA and here, here is the change logs.

1.Fixed the crash of Google Play Service when connected wired/wireless USB keyboard.
    2.Fixed the randomly crash on setting.
    3.Fixed no working direction&Enter key on USB keyboard, or airmouse.
    4.Updated KODI to 15.2 and fixed the green/black screen when play 4K video.
    5.Removed SmartRemote
    6.Default Serial Number on setting
    7.Update to MboxLauncher2, replaced icons,removed music and add dangbei assistant
    8.Fixed the add-ons will be removed automatically, or add-ons intalled After update.
    9.The kodi will keep users’ data After update.
    10.Fixed OTA issues.
    11. Fixed No writing on external storage.

PS:1.Enter the system menu after the OTA and the Kodi will backup the users’data about 5~10 minutes, so please don’t enter Kodi during this time, otherwise you’ll loose your data. The better way is to backup your data before OTA.
    2.Please remove OTG cable between TV Box&PC during OTA, If not remove, it may stuck on reboot screen.
    3.During the OTA, please don’t power off and do anothing, If failed on OTA, you have to flash via PC.
    106l1_151029_USB Flashing

106l1_151029_ SD Flashing

Updating instructions and tools.

Edit: in case of problems flashing with provided tool, ty this one:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815

Last edited by FadeFx; 11-01-2015, 10:49.

Hello, is wifi working for this build? on 103l1 and 104l1 it's not working..

Are mxIII-G 2gb and mxIII-plus 2gb the same thing?

Comment

Anyone try this on the belink s82plus?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk1975

Unfortunately it surfaced today in the morning (here in austria) and i have to work and wont manage to flash it before wednesday next week. However, for me on my box mxiii plus on 103L1 and 104L1 wifi works flawlessly, so i guess either you have a slightly different model, or somehow got a fake one...

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk1975 View Post

A quality pic of the board might reveal answers. I am not certain now maybe Geekbuying can answer this question.
          Last edited by Haba; 10-30-2015, 20:41.

Comment

the firmware is working flawless on all M82G boards, no matter what the device name is, mine named "mxiii-g 2gb" from gearbest

if you unsure, open the device, its easy
            then you should see printed on the board "M82G_1.0_20150324" or something similar
            hardware: S812 -- FORSEE emmc -- MEZZA RAM -- AP6330 -- RTL8211F

Comment

Originally posted by puxxi2003 View Post
              the firmware is working flawless on all M82G boards, no matter what the device name is, mine named "mxiii-g 2gb" from gearbest

if you unsure, open the device, its easy
              then you should see printed on the board "M82G_1.0_20150324" or something similar
              hardware: S812 -- FORSEE emmc -- MEZZA RAM -- AP6330 -- RTL8211F
              Thanks same board different name.

Comment

Tronsmart, geekbuyinhg and Oman are intentionally not supporting s802 boxes. The ROM runs fine on s802, but lack of WiFi drivers and GB ethernet make it rather pointless. They could easily add these drivers but choose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534
                  Tronsmart, geekbuyinhg and Oman are intentionally not supporting s802 boxes. The ROM runs fine on s802, but lack of WiFi drivers and GB ethernet make it rather pointless. They could easily add these drivers but choose not to.
                  First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with geekbuying, they just provide downloads for the products they sell, that is more than any other reseller does afaik. Who does this intentionally is a bit hard to say, oman is just the software dev of beelink, he has nothing to do with amlogic, if they dont release the sdk for the s802 platform, he doesnt put any effort into porting it from a newer platform, even if it was just about implementing the network drivers and maybe some other things you dont see because you dont run the firmware for longer time. However, the 5.1.1 firmware just got stable on the s812, so probably he is at it now to port the missing stuff, so maybe give him two more weeks to finally judge...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                    First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with geekbuying, they just provide downloads for the products they sell, that is more than any other reseller does afaik. Who does this intentionally is a bit hard to say, oman is just the software dev of beelink, he has nothing to do with amlogic, if they dont release the sdk for the s802 platform, he doesnt put any effort into porting it from a newer platform, even if it was just about implementing the network drivers and maybe some other things you dont see because you dont run the firmware for longer time. However, the 5.1.1 firmware just got stable on the s812, so probably he is at it now to port the missing stuff, so maybe give him two more weeks to finally judge...

The ROM works fine s802, it needs drivers. It is a simple fix, that hasn't been done. It is not impossible to put drivers into new lollipop ROM. The cm12 ROM for mk808b plus is proof, as there is no stock lollipop ROM, or SDK for amlogic s805.

Simple fix, lollipop first appeared for mxiii plus in late July. The SDK excuse is convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandroid534

The ROM works fine s802, it needs drivers. It is a simple fix, that hasn't been done. It is not impossible to put drivers into new lollipop ROM. The cm12 ROM for mk808b plus is proof, as there is no stock lollipop ROM, or SDK for amlogic s805.

Simple fix, lollipop first appeared for mxiii plus in late July. The SDK excuse is convenient.
                      Untill now it was a beta only, if i was a dev and hadto manage several devices featuring mostly but not completely similar hardware, i would get it stable on one device and then do the needed changes to bring the completed rom to the rest of the devices. Also amlogic is not the only platform oman has to build for, afaik he is a single guy building for rockchip, amlogic, allwinner and probably even other platforms, hence he can only do that much work in so much time. If you want it done different, you only can go the way of buying an outdated nexus player and install cyanogenmod. However, you have to be aware that performance looks different nowadays.

Comment

106L seems to work fine so far ...... have it on a Tronsmart MXIII plus and an MXIII-G.

People seem to expect too much support for devices that go end of support very quickly. The message is 812 is the new platform, 805 has had it's run, so who wants to invest time in developing for 805 when your revenue comes from selling more units, not support. Look at the number of phones that are still on 4.4.2, will never see Android5 ..... the manufacturer makes no money from support, especially when people take their firmware and run the firmware on their competitors boxes to get it cheaper. Use Tronsmart firmware on MXIII G and save $2. I expect bugs to be fixed on my S812 on Android 5 ..... but Android 6 ...... they will probably make me buy a new unit with a new CPU because it will be advertised as "Android 6", and I will have to buy one of those if I want supported Android 6.

If you want long term support buy Apple, or mini Windows PC (mine upgraded from 8.1 bing to Windows 10)........ want cheap buy amlogic​.

These things go end of support when new chips are released and old chip sales decline.

SDK isn't an excuse ..... it's availability decides how much effort and money is required to develop the supported platform.

Comment

I got error for supplied usb burning tool v2.0.3 v86 and suspected it wasn't suitable for my 64bit system so downloaded v2.0.43 from chinagadgets.com and the tool then started fine. But after loading img file I get error in tool: "create workfollow xml file failed". What to do?

EDIT: solved
                          Found a newer version of the update tool (v2.0.5.9) and burned successfully
                          Last edited by RHTizzy; 11-01-2015, 11:51. Reason: issue solved

Comment

Originally posted by RHTizzy
                            I got error for supplied usb burning tool v2.0.3 v86 and suspected it wasn't suitable for my 64bit system so downloaded v2.0.43 from chinagadgets.com and the tool then started fine. But after loading img file I get error in tool: "create workfollow xml file failed". What to do?
                            Try this tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jy7q7auwsa8zksy

Comment

Ah missed your post but managed to find that version anyway which is indeed the solution, thanks FadeFx!

Comment

Working...
                              X