Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's wetek core (s812) openelec:
    Maybe this help developing mxiii-g
    Hi everyone, These are my personal compiles of OE. for the WeTek Core I would like to share, the OpenELEC source code came from Codesnake's Github repo.

Comment

Originally posted by envagyok View Post
      It would be great if the openelec for MXIII-G would be based on wetek core release.

Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mati-PL View Post

Well, my box will be used for watching movies stored on Network Disk. So mainly I need is smooth playback 1080i movies (in HEVC included) and cec support.
        In that case, either build will work. I use mine for pretty much the same thing (I don't have anything in 1080i though) - cec mostly works, but isn't 100% there yet (I use old phones loaded with the kodi app personally, as most of my screens don't support cec

Originally posted by envagyok

Mxiii-g with OE can play bd 3d iso?
        I assume it would - haven't tested it personally (no 3d TV

Originally posted by ChrisR132

Hello,

I have the MXIII + from tronsmart is there a way to install this and keep android 5.1 on sort of like a dual boot? So when I start up I can pick this or android? Thanks
        Unfortunately, there is no dual boot capability

Originally posted by 87danp

i can flash back to android after the op installed, right? like the updates from TRONSMART?
        Yes - I've been switching between them for weeks

Comment

Originally posted by envagyok View Post
          Originally posted by rfcap78
          It would be great if the openelec for MXIII-G would be based on wetek core release.

Thanks for your efforts.
          The wetek core hardware is certainly closer than anything else to the MX3G - I've ported my patches & will do a test build shortly...

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
            Howdy All,

My ongoing tests in improving stability with this rom has taken me back to looking at the bootloader (again!) - One thing has become very clear here, the bootloader we currently use (316k4 android 4.4.2) is as buggy as anything, whereas using the latest LP bootloader (106L1), stabilises just about everything EXCEPT it breaks all hardware based video decoding

My testing shows that when using software only video decoding, everything except x265 (& prob. 4k stuff) run far better with this bootloader - Even my 40G bluray image plays faultlessly! (The box certainly gets a lot warmer, however , so clearly the box itself can handle far more with this bootloader than the original can.

What I haven't figured out is why kodi doesn't play nicely when hardware decoding is enabled (even the mali 3d stuff performs better). going through the LP android rom, I suspect it may be related to hdcp? I'm a bit lost at this point, but have a few more (time consuming) things to try/test...
            Wilro,

Is this related to the permissions not set correctly with Kodi 15? I know the same applies with android builds 14 vs 15 and root priv.

Why are you using the tronsmart 316k4 vs the MXIII version? I have found the Tronsmart build does not work as well as the last MXIII 4.4.2 OTA 316k4.

Frank

Comment

Ok, I've installed Kszaq 5.95.5.2d and seems everything is ok. But i noticed that during kodi configuration and navigating in menu, CPU temperature oscillate in 60 celcius degree. Is this normal for nearly idle mode ?

And other problem - how check ethernet or wlan mac address, without using ssh ?
              Last edited by Mati-PL; 12-14-2015, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post

Wilro,

Is this related to the permissions not set correctly with Kodi 15? I know the same applies with android builds 14 vs 15 and root priv.
                I wish it was *that* simple

They've actually changed the whole way sdcard based recovery works in lolli, the new recovery claims it can't "find" the MISC partition on the EMMC, when trying to install OE, despite the fact that it's there.

Using the old recovery allows me to flash the new bootloader without error, however, kodi's display locks/stutters when the hardware decoding is enabled (software decoding works really well)

I'm hoping I just need a minor tweak in kodi/bootup to fix, but I suspect it may be related to hdcp or some lame attempt to stop anything non-android from working on these boxes - It'll be interesting to see if anyone can get OE working with the newer chips (S905/S912?), as this will no doubt provide a clue as to what's needed to work around the problem.

Why are you using the tronsmart 316k4 vs the MXIII version? I have found the Tronsmart build does not work as well as the last MXIII 4.4.2 OTA 316k4.

Frank
                It's a legacy thing - I used the tronsmart 316k4 bootloader originally for my build, as does kerber's build - I have alternated between them with my builds, & from an OE perspective, they seem pretty much the same (The Lolli ones *are* identical, & they don't appear to have changed since the L101 build for both boxes - I've tried L101, L102, L104 & L106 from both suppliers - I'll try changing back to the MXIII-G one on my next build...

Comment

Originally posted by Mati-PL View Post
                  Ok, I've installed Kszaq 5.95.5.2d and seems everything is ok. But i noticed that during kodi configuration and navigating in menu, CPU temperature oscillate in 60 celcius degree. Is this normal for nearly idle mode ?

And other problem - how check ethernet or wlan mac address, without using ssh ?
                  The high temp. has been a concern for me since the onset, changing the default scheduler via autostart.sh keeps it down a bit, but nowhere close to what I'd expect. It doesn't appear to be a problem, however - The CPU/GPU thermal controls start scaling down the cpu/gpu cores to reduce heat from the 70-90 celcius mark - As was previously mentioned, opening the box & using a quality 5mm thermal pad inplace of the crappy one supplied with the box makes a huge difference as well... (I also question the accuracy of what's being reported, but thats another matter)

The mac addresses show under the system status/network when connected (well, they *should*

Comment

I've bricked my box doing something stupid, and now i can't seem to be able to unbrick it
                    Basically trying the toothpick method i get stuck in the android recovery screen where i can choose between updating from sd or usb between other options, but choosing one of those when i browse to the device it always shows up empty? I've also tried adb side load but i get an error about the package not being signed. Any suggestion on how to save my box or i just have to put it in the special waste bin?

i've attached an example of the screen i'm stuck to when using toothpick trick (the picture is not mine so don't mind about the error message)
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ilfrance View Post
                      I've bricked my box doing something stupid, and now i can't seem to be able to unbrick it
                      Basically trying the toothpick method i get stuck in the android recovery screen where i can choose between updating from sd or usb between other options, but choosing one of those when i browse to the device it always shows up empty? I've also tried adb side load but i get an error about the package not being signed. Any suggestion on how to save my box or i just have to put it in the special waste bin?

i've attached an example of the screen i'm stuck to when using toothpick trick (the picture is not mine so don't mind about the error message)
                      I've had to do this quite a few times:

Go to this site :

Download the burning tool + the .img file - follow the instructions on the page.

I use my phone's usb cable to connect the box & it has worked every time when I've screwed up the bootloader (getting the tool to "see" the MX3G may require a few attempts

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
                        I've had to do this quite a few times:

Go to this site :

Download the burning tool + the .img file - follow the instructions on the page.

I use my phone's usb cable to connect the box & it has worked every time when I've screwed up the bootloader (getting the tool to "see" the MX3G may require a few attempts
                        Thanks, i was trying that from a windows virtual machine yesterday night but of course i wasn't able to have it see the box via usb. I guess i have to prepare a physical windows installation on my mac using bootcamp. I'll let you know if i'm getting any progress.

Comment

hi ilfrance the burning tool works really well for me for those situations and i find its safer to load the android .img file then add OE via SD card/toothpick.

Comment

Well turns out the problem was with the sd card being written from OS X, for some reason the card could be mounted but it always showed up empty. Now I've used wilco's sd build from Windows and voilĂ ... I have my openelec box working great once again!

Comment

looking for openelec sd flash for this if anyone can help? MXIII_G S812/1GB/GB?AP6181
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Last edited by renoman; 12-16-2015, 11:30.

Comment

how do i know if this works on this new MXIII 4K BOX ?
                                This box came with 4.4.2 installed
                                is this for these boxes ?
                                I hate android on these boxes and would like to flash openelec like i have on my other boxes

Comment

Working...
                                X