No announcement yet.

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks erbjacob, I'll give that a try.
    Ken

Comment

Hello.
      I wanted to install Openelec 6.0.3e with toothpick install, but after a Wipe and Factory Reset, I got an install error with each file I've downloaded.
      I've tried to install Openelec through SD card and it works ... is there a way to fix the problem?

I've Mx3-G 2Gb and I'm usign TWRP 2.5.0.0 K200 ... thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ilfrance View Post
        Hi wilro, latest libreelec has a problem when using 4K resolution, previous build was fine. I've attached a picture to explain the problem
        Hi ilfrance,

​ OK, looks like we still need the kodi 4k patch from wetek_core (I was hoping that kszaq 's latest kodi patchset would eliminate this need - I have no way of testing 4k personally, & my TV's work equally well with or without the patch

Originally posted by kenmills
        Good day!

I first want to say a huge thanks to everyone involved in these ROMs, especially Wilro! You have a PM mate. :-)

Second, I would like to see if anyone has any recommendations, as I can seem to get either the OpenElec 6 or 7 builds to load on my TV box.

I have a Tronsmart MX3+ 2gb/8gb

I tried the MX3G.arm-6.0.3e, and the MX3G.arm-6.95.3a and I get the same result:

It boots up, I get the openELEC logo, and then it goes to a blank screen. I have tried going into the botloader and wiping data, but it still gives me a blank screen after the OpenElec logo.

The LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1.2 boots up fine.

I would prefer to use OpenELEC as I have used them for a long time now, since early days.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Cheers,
        Ken
        Hi Ken,

OK, this seems rather weird, as my 7.0.1.2 build is the *only* recent build I've released that lacks kodi's 4k support patch, & this needs to be applied @ build time - I suspect that for whatever reason, kodi isn't detecting the correct resolution of your TV (or your device's bootloader is reporting the incorrect resolution of your screen to kodi ;( - Are you using the hdmi cable that the device was supplied with?

OpenELEC hasn't seen any updates for nearly a month now, so I will be releasing a new LibreELEC build based on my OE kernel shortly (trying to isolate a possible regression in kszaq 's latest kernel

Regards,
        Wilro

Comment

Howdy All,

Due to the lack of development on OE recently, I have done a new build based on LE (7.0.1b) - This build incorporates most of kszaq 's LE patches, + my older kernel from OE 6.95.x - I will release a new build for OE when it starts getting updates again.

Personally, OE 6.0.3x works better than any of the 7.x.x for my use case

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Wilro! I'll try your new LE build.

You got a PM also :-)

Cheers,
            Ken

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
              Hi ilfrance,

​ OK, looks like we still need the kodi 4k patch from wetek_core (I was hoping that kszaq 's latest kodi patchset would eliminate this need - I have no way of testing 4k personally, & my TV's work equally well with or without the patch

Hi Ken,

OK, this seems rather weird, as my 7.0.1.2 build is the *only* recent build I've released that lacks kodi's 4k support patch, & this needs to be applied @ build time - I suspect that for whatever reason, kodi isn't detecting the correct resolution of your TV (or your device's bootloader is reporting the incorrect resolution of your screen to kodi ;( - Are you using the hdmi cable that the device was supplied with?

OpenELEC hasn't seen any updates for nearly a month now, so I will be releasing a new LibreELEC build based on my OE kernel shortly (trying to isolate a possible regression in kszaq 's latest kernel

Regards,
              Wilro
              Thanks Wilro! I'll try your new LE build.

You got a PM also :-)

Cheers,
              Ken

Comment

I have this error when i enter to recovery mode, i can successfully wipe data and wipe cache, but after all complete it says "E:cannot load volume/misc!" but the box is working just fine. BOX is MXIII-G. Should i be worried or its normal behavior for this box. I've never flashed my device, just updated OTA to 108L, after update i went to recovery to wipe data and cache and i saw the message "E:cannot load volume/misc!" I think device is prerooted!?, at start SuperSU says "Binary needs to be updated", i've updated "normal" and after that it reboots successfully to OS. Everything is working fine but i'm worried about this message.

If someone has the same device can you please go into recovery and see is there same error?
                Do I need to re-flash 108L from SD card or?

CPU-Z info:
                Model: MXIII-G (n200)
                Manufacturer: Netxeon
                Board: n200
                Hardware: amlogic
                Total RAM: 1572 MB
                Internal storage: 11.84 GB

Thanks

Comment

Hi wilro latest build seems to have fixed the 4K problem, well done!

Comment

Howdy All,

Due to the lack of development on OE recently, I have done a new build based on LE (7.0.1b) - This build incorporates most of Guest 's LE patches, + my older kernel from OE 6.95.x - I will release a new build for OE when it starts getting updates again.

Personally, OE 6.0.3x works better than any of the 7.x.x for my use case

Cheers!
                    Seems the 6.0.1b LE build doesn't use the remote.conf override. Any chance you can fix? Works fine in 7.0.1.2.

Comment

Hi Wilro,

My question doesn't have to do with the MXiiii-g. But it does pertain to OE.

Do you or anymore else know if OE works with AC wifi. I purchased a box with ap6335 AC wifi chip. I'm going to run OE on it. But the company Zoomtak said that AC won't work with OE.

I tested the box with android 5ghz with ookla app. Router upstairs and my service is rated up to 150mbps. I was able to get 138mbps wifi.

Haven't tested it with OE yet myself. But Kerber did a test on his T8V and he got up to 60mbps wifi.

What's the command in terminal to test download speed with OE. Or is there another way to test download speed with OE.

Thank You.

Comment

Howdy All,

I have uploaded new LibreELEC builds - Old kernel/wifi/CEC based (7.0.1c) & based on kszaq 's latest (7.0.1.4) - Both builds appear stable with my minimal testing, & should resolve all outstanding MX3G specific issues.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                          Hi Wilro,

My question doesn't have to do with the MXiiii-g. But it does pertain to OE.

Do you or anymore else know if OE works with AC wifi. I purchased a box with ap6335 AC wifi chip. I'm going to run OE on it. But the company Zoomtak said that AC won't work with OE.

I tested the box with android 5ghz with ookla app. Router upstairs and my service is rated up to 150mbps. I was able to get 138mbps wifi.

Haven't tested it with OE yet myself. But Kerber did a test on his T8V and he got up to 60mbps wifi.

What's the command in terminal to test download speed with OE. Or is there another way to test download speed with OE.

Thank You.
                          The easiest way to test speed is to download/copy a file from another machine on your local network. I don't believe there is anything specific in OE that would limit download speeds however, as this is usually limited by the firmware loaded into the device (ie. if you use the wifi firmware/config.txt from android that's supplied with the device, it should achieve similar speeds) - While my older kernel builds include kerber's driver's for this chipset, I don't have any devices that use it, so it remains untested from my perspective.

Cheers!

Comment

@wilro_6276
                            Howdy All,

I have uploaded new LibreELEC builds - Old kernel/wifi/CEC based (7.0.1c) & based on kszaq 's latest (7.0.1.4) - Both builds appear stable with my minimal testing, & should resolve all outstanding MX3G specific issues.

Cheers!
                            ...thanks for this builds. They´re working really fine on my MX III-G

Why don´t you publish these builds as Community-Builds in the LibreELEC-Forum like kszaq does with his builds for the MXQ S805?

Cheers
                            Mark

Comment

Hello.
                              I wanted to install Openelec 6.0.3e with toothpick install, but after a Wipe and Factory Reset, I got an install error with each file I've downloaded.
                              I've tried to install Openelec through SD card and it works ... is there a way to fix the problem?

I've Mx3-G 2Gb and I'm usign TWRP 2.5.0.0 K200 ... thank you!

Comment

Hey guys what wheres the beat place to order a tronsmart MXiii plus these days? Any risk of getting one that won't flash to openlec or libreelec? There was some mention of new versions that wouldn't take the update.

Comment

Working...
                                X