[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 8gb rom 2gb ram seems the most compatible

just tried to install on my other mx3-g and getting same error as everyone else, wish we had a base install zip that could work for definite and then just upgrade to latest etc
    Last edited by mazsuper; 06-12-2016, 17:52.

Comment

It seems either I'm doing something very incorrect or none of these builds are working for my MXIII box. Ive only had luck getting the files to act as if they are loadin "little android at boot". After loading the 7.0.1c .zip file the MXIII just reboots over and over and over. Funny thing is the sticker lists MXII V3_1 and the board print lists MXIII 3_1. Any suggestions?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by eprom101 View Post
        It seems either I'm doing something very incorrect or none of these builds are working for my MXIII box. Ive only had luck getting the files to act as if they are loadin "little android at boot". After loading the 7.0.1c .zip file the MXIII just reboots over and over and over. Funny thing is the sticker lists MXII V3_1 and the board print lists MXIII 3_1. Any suggestions?
        I hope you aren't putting the zip file on to the sd card. It has to be extracted first and the files (not the folder) go directly on to the sd card.

Comment

The procedure I'm following is to download a .zip version from the links on the first thread, extract the contents of the zip file onto a micro SD card. I do not extract the second zip file then toothpick the MXIII while holding the power button. The firmware appears to load "android animation" but all I end up with is a black screen or boot loop..........LOL

Comment

The procedure I'm following is to download a .zip version from the links on the first thread, extract the contents of the zip file onto a micro SD card. I do not extract the second zip file then toothpick the MXIII while holding the power button. The firmware appears to load "android animation" but all I end up with is a black screen or boot loop..........LOL

weren't some others having issues flashing with a supposed newer version of the mxIII? maybe this is the case here?

Comment

This is what the root of my SD card looks like, not necessarily that particular version Ive tried about 10 different versions with the same result. Black screen or boot loop.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is what the root of my SD card looks like, not necessarily that particular version Ive tried about 10 different versions with the same result. Black screen or boot loop.
                You're doing everything right, that's exactly how i flashed mine. (tronsmart MXIII plus). the other option would be to use the SD card method and boot OE off the SD card, instead of flashing it.

there has to be something different about your device.

edit: this was the post I was thinking about:

however he had a 2gig/16gig model.

Comment

I know that I cant use the amlogic tool to transfer an .img file via PC because it stops @ 2% But as far as the toothpick trick it works to flash the original ROM back onto the device even when its bricked. Ive bricked it numorus times now........hehehe

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Ill check it out.

Comment

what i ended up doing was
                      to install twrp via play store, installed amlogic tv stick recovery from within that app,
                      used the twrp app to boot into new recovery as tooth picking gave me a bsod
                      then flashed the
                      ''LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1c-update.zip''
                      and bingo got latest libreelec,
                      my other box which was identical but was easier to flash as all i did was flash zip via backup app on MXiiig

please note this is the shorten version of four hours trying everything from flashing tronsmart firmware to tooth picking with both update zip and full zip to creating bootable sdcard etc....

ps i also tried flash tool with img it didnt work

Comment

Just upgraded from 6.0.1a to 6.0.3e via the usual toothpick install. This time however OpenElec hasnt retained any of my previous settings and seems to be fresh open elec install now... anyway to restore my previous configurations? :/

Comment

Originally posted by testbit View Post
                          Just upgraded from 6.0.1a to 6.0.3e via the usual toothpick install. This time however OpenElec hasnt retained any of my previous settings and seems to be fresh open elec install now... anyway to restore my previous configurations? :/
                          Installing from the toothpick method is not updating. It is doing a fresh install. The update is done by placing the files in the update folder via PC.

Comment

None of the methods worked for me except for one flash build by justmeroms "OpenELEC-AmlMedia.arm-M8S-6.0.0.4" BUT NO F'ING bluetooth or remote. The box I have says MXIII 4K on it so its quite confusing that none of the MXIII flashes work. So I guess Im stuck with android 4.4.2 ARRRRRAARRARAhhhh?!!!!!!!!

Comment

Openelec runs like crap on these devices Im going back to android!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

None of the methods worked for me except for one flash build by justmeroms "OpenELEC-AmlMedia.arm-M8S-6.0.0.4" BUT NO F'ING bluetooth or remote. The box I have says MXIII 4K on it so its quite confusing that none of the MXIII flashes work. So I guess Im stuck with android 4.4.2 ARRRRRAARRARAhhhh?!!!!!!!!
                                Hey eprom101,
                                Yeah sadly I had one of those boxes also. It WOULD NOT flash or work with any of the ROMs. Tuns out it was completely the wrong chipset as advertised. I got it cheap on Amazon and it was a knockoff. To confirm, you need to crack open th case and pop off the heatsink to see what the exact chipset is.
                                Cheers,
                                Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X