No announcement yet.

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my MXIII-G 2GB version arrived and I'm having problems with buffering with most Kodi 15.2 sources (Genesis, SALTS, 1Channel, etc). It does load but VERY slowly. However I can play 1080p HD movies through Phoenix (gvideo) no problem, same with HD YouTube videos. I tested with the exact sources through Kodi 15.2 on my Linux machine and they work no prob.

If I go to system info for my MXIII-G it shows build 106L1, Lollipop 5.1.1.

Does your firmware solve issues like these? It's a pity because everything else on the box runs perfectly. I'm only ever going to use Kodi on it so I just need what makes that work smoothly.

Comment

installed openelec ok, but cant seem to SSH to box,
      refuses connection,
      any ideas,
      running 6.0.e build

Comment

wilro_6276 I've been reading your threads (this and the old one) with interest trying to look for info on how you port openelec to a S812. The box I have in perticular is a M8S with a BCM4335 wifi chip (not the AP6330). I have managed to get a booting openelec by using kerbers OE6 for the M8S and using the recovery.img, bootloader etc from a firmware that work for this version of M8S. The only problems I am having is

1)No wifi, probably due to missing BCM4335 driver
        2)Only 1gb of ram is being recognised instead of 2gb.

I see in a past post you say that intergrating a new wifi driver is not too hard, and you also said that the 1gb instead of 2gb detection could be something to do with the order of the device tree?? Any hints or webpages that may point me in the right direction?

BTW, Ive signed up to xbmc.ru and tried to post a couple of posts on the amlogic openelec thread...nothing ever appears as it goes to "admin for authorisation"

Please see http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...432#post546432 for more info on my progress and original firmware for this M8S.

As you can see im "hacking away" at this problem. Perhaps I should be learning to build amlogic openelec from git, but i would still be stuck on intergrating wifi drivers, and change of 1gb to 2gb (ive looked abit into https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/...vers/brcm80211 and the extraction of the device tree from the android rom, but dont know if im following the right path).

Any help appreciated...and sorry for the off topic on your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
          I doubt it would be too difficult - The biggest issue is dealing/patching around the quirks in the MXIII-G itself. My main interest in dual boot on this box is to run OE/Arch (already do it on my MXQ/MK808b - Failing a proper dual boot function for this box, I will probably roll my own poor mans solution (ie. use a common boot kernel for OE nand/Arch SD - There are still a few show stopper's for me on this box at the moment, before I start exploring the more "fun" things like this, however.
          That is great to hear! Please let us know your achievements as you get to work to it. Really looking forward to your arch linux port for the MXIIIG.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dc0de View Post
            wilro_6276

BTW, Ive signed up to xbmc.ru and tried to post a couple of posts on the amlogic openelec thread...nothing ever appears as it goes to "admin for authorisation"
            Bit off topic but I had the same problem. Found something in the user control panel that activated posting rights. So dig around and you can activate yourself.

EDIT: just seen you have posted there I'll leave this if it helps anyone else.

Comment

Howdy All,

After a lot more head scratching/fiddling, build 'f' is now up for my OE build - Big news for this release is that it works with the latest bootloader (toothpick/zip install required to update existing bootloader), it's running the latest drivers from amlogic + the latest linux kernel! It appears that codesnake's latest kernel update fixes the newer bootloader problem for the MX3G, however, suspend/resume is broken, so I have disabled it for now (It's never worked well, anyway).

I haven't been able to isolate exactly *what* in codesnake's new kernel resolves the bootloader issue, however, as it also appears to fix the CPU governor (ondemand) problem in kerber's kernel, I will continue to use this kernel for my future builds.

From testing over the last few days, both ethernet & wireless performance have improved with this build!

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-o View Post
                So my MXIII-G 2GB version arrived and I'm having problems with buffering with most Kodi 15.2 sources (Genesis, SALTS, 1Channel, etc). It does load but VERY slowly. However I can play 1080p HD movies through Phoenix (gvideo) no problem, same with HD YouTube videos. I tested with the exact sources through Kodi 15.2 on my Linux machine and they work no prob.

If I go to system info for my MXIII-G it shows build 106L1, Lollipop 5.1.1.

Does your firmware solve issues like these? It's a pity because everything else on the box runs perfectly. I'm only ever going to use Kodi on it so I just need what makes that work smoothly.
                Hi Steve-o,

Kodi itself certainly runs better on this build, however, much like on android, some addons work well, others don't - I personally don't use any non-included addon's, as it's hard enough to find prob's with kodi on these boxes as it is, without the worry of rogue addon's influencing my testing

Best bet is to try it & see if it works for you

Comment

Originally posted by slippery49 View Post
                  installed openelec ok, but cant seem to SSH to box,
                  refuses connection,
                  any ideas,
                  running 6.0.e build
                  Hello slippery49,

I've noticed this happens mostly with wireless connections, & usually after kodi has been idle for a while. Generally, toggling the connection/rebooting the box brings ssh back - I haven't been able to isolate the cause of this yet, but it's on my todo list

Comment

Howdy All,

After a lot more head scratching/fiddling, build 'f' is now up for my OE build - Big news for this release is that it works with the latest bootloader (toothpick/zip install required to update existing bootloader), it's running the latest drivers from amlogic + the latest linux kernel! It appears that codesnake's latest kernel update fixes the newer bootloader problem for the MX3G, however, suspend/resume is broken, so I have disabled it for now (It's never worked well, anyway).

I haven't been able to isolate exactly *what* in codesnake's new kernel resolves the bootloader issue, however, as it also appears to fix the CPU governor (ondemand) problem in kerber's kernel, I will continue to use this kernel for my future builds.

From testing over the last few days, both ethernet & wireless performance have improved with this build!

Enjoy!
                    Oops! Sorry - Forgot to include loading the temperature/thermal module in this build - I have updated the build on the server, however, if you've already installed it, you can simply add "/sbin/modprobe aml_thermal" to your autostart.sh to get the same effect!

Comment

Howdy All,

Enjoy!
                      Kerber build updated!

Comment

Are there any clones with MXIII-G? How is the actually company that makes this box?

And awesome work Wirlo.

Comment

wilro_6276 I've been reading your threads (this and the old one) with interest trying to look for info on how you port openelec to a S812. The box I have in perticular is a M8S with a BCM4335 wifi chip (not the AP6330). I have managed to get a booting openelec by using kerbers OE6 for the M8S and using the recovery.img, bootloader etc from a firmware that work for this version of M8S. The only problems I am having is

1)No wifi, probably due to missing BCM4335 driver
                          2)Only 1gb of ram is being recognised instead of 2gb.
                          Kerber's system includes the necessary drivers for the AP6335E, so you probably only need the "/etc/wifi/config.txt" by the looks of it (which allows the system to select the correct firmware to load?)

I see in a past post you say that intergrating a new wifi driver is not too hard, and you also said that the 1gb instead of 2gb detection could be something to do with the order of the device tree?? Any hints or webpages that may point me in the right direction?
                          You really need a rom that actually reports everything correctly for your device - I used a perl script called "split_bootimg.pl" to split up the "boot.img" file from a known working android rom, & then used dca to decompile the device tree to ID all the handware components on the MX3G (searching for this script should result in ample doco's on how to do this

Please see http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...432#post546432 for more info on my progress and original firmware for this M8S.

As you can see im "hacking away" at this problem. Perhaps I should be learning to build amlogic openelec from git, but i would still be stuck on intergrating wifi drivers, and change of 1gb to 2gb (ive looked abit into https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/...vers/brcm80211 and the extraction of the device tree from the android rom, but dont know if im following the right path).

Any help appreciated...and sorry for the off topic on your thread.
                          I was kinda forced into building my own OE initially for kszaq's rom's, as I prefer my devices to power off rather than suspend (I was lucky in that the 3 boxes I had all worked flawlessly with kszaq's builds, bar unreliable resume from suspend & power led issues, which were trivial to resolve - Admittedly, those annoyances were *nothing* compared to all the issues I've tried to resolve with the MX3G

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                            Are there any clones with MXIII-G? How is the actually company that makes this box?

And awesome work Wirlo.
                            There appears to be a few claiming to be, that are different to my one (maybe they're a V02 or something), the Tronsmart MXIII plus is the only identical clone ( or is it the other way round? I think there is a bit of confusion overall, however, as there is a heap of "MXIII" devices with "2G" of ram & some having S812 processors to boot. It's a shame they couldn't name these things a bit better to help differentiate them - In theory, any device using the S812, AP6330 wifi/bt chipset, mali450, & gigbit ethernet should work with this rom (my kernel, much like the android one, supports 6 different/similarly identified motherboards), alas, there still appears to be plenty that don't

Comment

cupra00 Thanks for the heads up on the xbmc.ru forum problem. As you can see i figured it out just before your post, but i still appreciate your help.

wilro_6276 Thanks for the tips. So is the AP6335E drivers (included with kerbers build git) the same/will work with the BCM4335 wifi? Also do you have a git with your source?

Im going to make a linux machine here and attempt a build for the M8S BCM4335. I think kerber said over at xbmc.ru that he will rebuild the m8s build, but I also want to learn how to myself. I will extract the device tree from a known working rom and the config.txt and just have a go at replacing the files in the m8s build folders. As you can see i am new to building from git, but I am willing to learn.

Comment

cupra00 Thanks for the heads up on the xbmc.ru forum problem. As you can see i figured it out just before your post, but i still appreciate your help.

wilro_6276 Thanks for the tips. So is the AP6335E drivers (included with kerbers build git) the same/will work with the BCM4335 wifi? Also do you have a git with your source?

Im going to make a linux machine here and attempt a build for the M8S BCM4335. I think kerber said over at xbmc.ru that he will rebuild the m8s build, but I also want to learn how to myself. I will extract the device tree from a known working rom and the config.txt and just have a go at replacing the files in the m8s build folders. As you can see i am new to building from git, but I am willing to learn.
                                I believe so - I confess I don't understand the method to their madness in naming the broadcom chipsets (ie. the AP6330 uses firmware names starting with bcm40183, the AP6335 starts with bcm4339) - Some chipsets support BT, some don't, likewise some support 5Ghz wifi, others don't (but all variants use the same name???) - I'm sure there is a reason for this, I just haven't investigated why

I don't actually use git at the moment (although I've grabbed quite a few git tree's for OE in recent months - I should learn how to use it (My programming skillset predates these version control systems, & until recently, I've had no reason to even consider learning how to use them to their fullest

Comment

Working...
                                X