Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
    Hello slippery49,

I've noticed this happens mostly with wireless connections, & usually after kodi has been idle for a while. Generally, toggling the connection/rebooting the box brings ssh back - I haven't been able to isolate the cause of this yet, but it's on my todo list
    Installed 6F and all good,

great work,

Comment

I'm going to pick up a MXIII-G. Can anyone recommend a place to buy a legit box?

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
        I'm going to pick up a MXIII-G. Can anyone recommend a place to buy a legit box?
        I bought my on Gearbest.

Comment

Originally posted by Mati-PL View Post

I bought my on Gearbest.
          Ok good. Just wanted to make sure not to buy a clone with different hardware.

Thanks

Comment

If I upgrade my boxs using the toothpick method will I lose all the configuration that I have already done?

Or is there a way to use toothpick and just update the openelec files and not lose my skins/addons

Comment

Originally posted by Bigredfan View Post
              If I upgrade my boxs using the toothpick method will I lose all the configuration that I have already done?

Or is there a way to use toothpick and just update the openelec files and not lose my skins/addons
              Hi Bigredfan,

You can use OE's backup/restore function to preserve your existing config (& copy it to a usb drive), or you can edit the "factory_update_param.aml" file once copied to an sdcard, & remove the last 2 lines from it (ie. "--wipe_data" & "--wipe_cache") - I generally use the later approach for minor updates, & the former when I'm experimenting with new patches to kodi. (It's always good to have a recent backup of OE regardless, while kodi 15.2 is stable, once we start dealing with OE7/kodi 16.x, we're bound to see a bit of strange behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
                Hi Bigredfan,

You can use OE's backup/restore function to preserve your existing config (& copy it to a usb drive), or you can edit the "factory_update_param.aml" file once copied to an sdcard, & remove the last 2 lines from it (ie. "--wipe_data" & "--wipe_cache&quot - I generally use the later approach for minor updates, & the former when I'm experimenting with new patches to kodi. (It's always good to have a recent backup of OE regardless, while kodi 15.2 is stable, once we start dealing with OE7/kodi 16.x, we're bound to see a bit of strange behaviour
                Fwiw the openelec backup did not work so I ended up starting from scratch which worked out well.

For any more updates I will probably just delete those last two line and do another fresh install when we move to kodi 16

Any idea the timeline on when kodi 16 will be final?

Box seems to be running even better with the latest updates

Comment

Do you think it would be possibile to compile OpenPHT (https://github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT) for these openelec build? At the moment it works for rasplex which is openelec + plex for raspberry pi. I would love to have native plex on this box instead of kodi + plexmbc

Comment

Ordered a couple MXIII-G's from gearbest.

How's the heat on these boxes? I had these square boxes before and had to keep them turned upside down to help keep them a little cooler. They would get extremely hot.

Comment

Does this have any implications for the MX III or is it only of interest to x86 boxes?
                      Jide beats Google at its own game,Software ,Software,Google,Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bigredfan View Post

Fwiw the openelec backup did not work so I ended up starting from scratch which worked out well.

For any more updates I will probably just delete those last two line and do another fresh install when we move to kodi 16

Any idea the timeline on when kodi 16 will be final?

Box seems to be running even better with the latest updates
                        Hmmm... That's unfortunate, I really depend on the backup/restore functionality (It takes *forever* to rebuild my setup from scratch - time I'd rather be spending fixing prob's with my build While kodi 16 will "upgrade" a V15 install, the reverse is not true (so we really need to ensure backup/restore is working %100)
                        V16 is still in it's infancy development wise, & thus far I see no compelling new features/design fixes to justify moving to it at the moment (I use mysql for central database storage for multiple devices, so when I start migrating to v16 on one device, I have to do it on ALL of them - Which I won't do until I'm sure it works solidly on all of them
                        That said, I plan on releasing test builds based on OE7 dev, which has V16beta as default - There are still quite a few prob's with this build that I haven't had time to fully investigate yet, however. (There are a couple of nice features in OE7 already, which I want to backport to stable as well

Comment

Originally posted by ilfrance View Post
                          Do you think it would be possibile to compile OpenPHT (https://github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT) for these openelec build? At the moment it works for rasplex which is openelec + plex for raspberry pi. I would love to have native plex on this box instead of kodi + plexmbc
                          This appears to be a fork of xmbc(kodi), customised for plex server, as I don't use plex, & there is no way for both versions to co-exist on my builds, I'm afraid I can't include it in my builds. (If it includes any patches/fixes that benefit kodi on amlogic devices in general, I will certainly incorporate them into by build

Comment

Originally posted by al8782 View Post
                            Ordered a couple MXIII-G's from gearbest.

How's the heat on these boxes? I had these square boxes before and had to keep them turned upside down to help keep them a little cooler. They would get extremely hot.
                            Well, I think we've improved the temperature handling significantly in the latest builds, however, I still think they run a little bit hotter than they should (I haven't had any heat related lockups in the current build - YET

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post
                              Does this have any implications for the MX III or is it only of interest to x86 boxes?
                              It's probably more interesting for those that want to continue running android of some sort on these boxes, that being the case, it's really of no benefit to OE (It's just another custom android rom - just x86 specific in this case
                              I did have a bash at stripping down the L106 rom for the MX3G a while back (just leaving the bare minimum for kodi to run , sadly, this didn't improve overall performance of the device significantly, so I gave up on it (Thankfully, I *did* make significant progress with OE instead, which is why I'm still here

Comment

Latest version seems to have improved cec support, now my box turns on automatically when I switch the input with the tv remote... Great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X