[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Wilro,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the image that you have done. Works great on my brothers' little MX3. On the other hand, we have a little problem with the tv headend. Our usb tuner is supported from kernel 3.19. Your latest g version image have 3.10.x.
    Could you help me about upgrading the kernel?
    I see the tuner's fw files in the linux, probably the problem is just the kernel

Comment

I am up to g build, but seem to be plagued with just basic ssh problem,

running fixed ip,
      cannected via wireless or wired with manual or dhcp doesnt seem to matter,

ping replies no issue,

ssh no go at all whatever I have tried,

any ideas or suggestions

Comment

P.S.: Maybe I don't need new kernel, just load the proper modules. Unfortunately I couldn't find those to use our MyGica T230.
        This is the tuner's description for linux: https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech_T230
        CONFIG_I2C_MUX is also needed to switched on in the kernel or in a module.
        Can anybody help me about use that with TvHeadend?
        I can't see the Tv Adapter in it. I have loaded the module si21xx, but nothing happened...
        Last edited by Teddybee; 01-16-2016, 10:24.

Comment

Originally posted by slippery49 View Post
          I am up to g build, but seem to be plagued with just basic ssh problem,

running fixed ip,
          cannected via wireless or wired with manual or dhcp doesnt seem to matter,

ping replies no issue,

ssh no go at all whatever I have tried,

any ideas or suggestions
          A couple of things come to mind here - Make sure your ssh client is up to date (OE runs V7.1, which has many older/insecure protocols disabled), make sure that the MX3G has a working DNS & is able to communicate over the internet (connman has Google's DNS hard coded as a fall back for when it cannot communicate with a local/dhcp assigned DNS), use ipv4 address when communicating (I vaguely remember issues with ipv6, esp. over wireless - Although that should have been fixed a while back, as the box has ipv6 enabled at it's core).

At worst, going into the OE settings & toggling ssh off then on will force it to restart (I've seen issues with ssh when it starts up prior to network connectivity being available - It also has issue when a link dropouts, although this mainly affects wireless connections) - Openssh has just been updated to V7.1p2, which will be included in my next build (I've had no issues with the current one, however, when run purely in lan mode

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post
            P.S.: Maybe I don't need new kernel, just load the proper modules. Unfortunately I couldn't find those to use our MyGica T230.
            This is the tuner's description for linux: https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech_T230
            CONFIG_I2C_MUX is also needed to switched on in the kernel or in a module.
            Can anybody help me about use that with TvHeadend?
            I can't see the Tv Adapter in it. I have loaded the module si21xx, but nothing happened...
            The necessary drivers/firmware are certainly there, does your log file indicate it has found the usb tuner after loading the module (much like the log shown @ that link you provided?) - I have no experience with dealing with tuner's on these devices, however, it should be no different than doing so with any other amlogic OE powered device.

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
              The necessary drivers/firmware are certainly there, does your log file indicate it has found the usb tuner after loading the module (much like the log shown @ that link you provided?) - I have no experience with dealing with tuner's on these devices, however, it should be no different than doing so with any other amlogic OE powered device.
              Unfortunately I can't see any of those logs when I filtered dmesg with "dvb". Some said: on an ordinary openelec device (with 3.19 or 4.04 kernel) just enogh to install tvheadend, restart and usb tuners that supported by openelec works by default.
              http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Su...ers#USB_Tuners
              I hope the 7.0.0 build will use newer kernels on MXIII as well(the RC1 has been out already). As I read on the forums amlogic should create/support newer kernel for their chips.

Comment

Does anybody have used TWRP for Amlogic Devices? Does it work?
                Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Fed10 View Post
                  Does anybody have used TWRP for Amlogic Devices? Does it work?
                  Thank you
                  I used this one to create backup's of the original android on my device (Thanks abdul_pt) :

(Not sure if restore function works - It certainly backs up the rom sufficiently so I could examine all the drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post
                    Unfortunately I can't see any of those logs when I filtered dmesg with "dvb". Some said: on an ordinary openelec device (with 3.19 or 4.04 kernel) just enogh to install tvheadend, restart and usb tuners that supported by openelec works by default.
                    http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Su...ers#USB_Tuners
                    I hope the 7.0.0 build will use newer kernels on MXIII as well(the RC1 has been out already). As I read on the forums amlogic should create/support newer kernel for their chips.
                    To see if your tuner is being identified/configured correctly, you can type in "journalctl" after loading the module.

It's unlikely we will see a newer kernel for any of the current amlogic based devices, as these devices are designed to run android, & we are dependant on their closed source drivers to make them functional under OE. (They just backport drivers what are needed from newer kernels to work with the stable 3.10.33 android kernel tree, & rarely upgrade to a newer kernel (We may see a newer kernel for the S905 based devices, however?)

Comment

in last build of your openelec the default add-ons missing And can't use pvr iptv add-ons

Comment

Howdy All,

Yet another build update "h" - This incorporates updated packages from OE6 mainline, a few more amlogic specific patches (I missed a couple from build "g" - oops!), a few kernel tweaks for smoother playback (3d *should* behave better).

Optimal playback is now achieved by allowing kodi to switch frequencies to match source material (Even my main TV sees improvements from this now

I have now ported my MXQ-S85 to run off my main branch, as it will allow me to better ID differences/regressions between the new kernel/graphics & the old ones which are rock solid on it.

I have included a couple of kerber's binary addons, but will not include them all, as I see major regressions in kodi when they are included in my default build - Missing ones should be installable from the "unofficial" repo's for the wetek.

PS: Also included the security fix that has been recently lamb blasted all over the media recently, despite the fact it's unlikely to affect OE

Comment

Hello. I found an issue in OpenELEC in my MXIII-G. I have problems with streaming videos from my pc. The playback stopping all time an buffering. Can you fix it in the next update? Thank you

Comment

All working nicely here since updating to build g and disabling CEC and wifi interface. The box has been on for days now without any lockups or issues. Video playback is good for the most part with the odd file that stutters.

Comment

A friend has this box and wants to put openelec on it, does anyone know if possible? Thanks. http://m.geekbuying.com/ItemDescription/354930

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

About buffering problems here is the solution

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

And now everything is perfect with the Openelec!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X