[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

These builds are derived from the efforts of many, my thanks to all concerned, & esp. Codesnake for making OE a viable option on Amlogic based devices - Without his initial port, I wouldn't be here trying to improve support for the MX3G

My goal is to improve/refine OE support for the MX3G, my builds are derived from Kszaq's & Kerber's git forks, however, I also cherry pick other branches & add a few tweaks of my own for good measure.

I currently have 3 builds for this device:

My builds (Codesnake based kernel, best bits from Kszaq/Kerber/OE Official):

OpenELEC 6.x:

Toothpick Install (zip) : Openelec update (tar) : Openelec SDCard Install (xz)

OpenELEC 7.x (BETA):

Toothpick Install (zip) : Openelec update (tar) : Openelec SDCard Install (xz)

Enable SD card dual boot: HERE (install zip file from recovery)

MXIII-G bootloaders: Kitkat Lollipop (install zip file from recovery)

Enable SD card dual boot: HERE (install zip file from recovery)

MXIII-G bootloaders: Kitkat Lollipop (install zip file from recovery)

Kerber build (legacy): Toothpick Install (zip) : Openelec update (tar)

Kszaq build (legacy): Toothpick Install (zip) : Openelec update (tar)

My Latest "test" builds are available from HERE

(zip files = toothpick install, tar files = upgrade already installed OE, gz files = gunzip & dd directly to sdcard)

Kerber has added support for the MX3G as of OE 6.0.0 available HERE

I would like to stress that these builds are UNOFFICIAL, the OE team do NOT support these devices.

I have a MX3G-2g ram model, use the manufacturer's supplied HDMI cable, use the default kodi addons, connected to a samsung 1080p TV, with no spdif/hdmi audio receiver nor usb attached devices. If you are having problems with my builds, it'd be helpful if you include details of your setup that varies from this.

My builds are for my own personal use, made available for *anyone* to USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

My builds originated from THIS freaktab thread.

Beer Fund:

While I create these builds for reasons mentioned above (& for fun , a not insignificant amount of beer has been consumed to date during it's creation - Feel free to contribute to my beer fund to help "inspire" my future experiments:

Wilro

Of course, my builds wouldn't have been possible without the work of:

Kerber & Kszaq

My thanks to all & apologies for any beer links I've missed

NOTE: These builds REPLACE the existing android install on your device - I recommend making a full backup of your existing android system before installing + making sure you have access to the manufacturer's original firmware.
    Last edited by wilro_6276; 04-21-2016, 05:36.

Nand Install:

1. Download ".zip" file, Copy contents to blank sdcard.
    2. Insert sdcard in MX3G.
    3. Insert toothpick into A/V port, there is a hidden button inside which must be pressed with the toothpick while powering on device to enter recovery/install mode.
    4. Openelec will install & reboot when finished.

SD Card Install:

New Method:

1. Download "img.gz" file, "Image burn" it on to blank sdcard (everything on it will be wiped!)
    2. "Toothpick" boot your device with sdcard inserted (First time only) - This will modify the bootenv on your device, & setup the sdcard with OE - Done!

Old Method: (Still works, if new method doesn't!)

1. Download "Enable SD card dual boot" zip file & copy to sdcard/thumb drive
    2. "Toothpick" boot your device into recovery mode, select install ZIP from EXT & select "OpenELEC-MX3G.arm-DualBootSD.zip"

(This enables dual boot on your box & only has to be done once)

Now,

1. Download "Openelec SDCard Install" file.
    2. Unpack image to your hard drive and burn it to SD card. You can read how to do it here: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HO...The_Disk_Image
    3. Insert SDCard in box & boot your device - This will take a while as it prepares the sdcard & installs the system for the first time - It will reboot when finished.

ALL DONE! (Your device will boot into OE whenever this card is installed!)

Update/Fix SDboot:

1. Download latest aml_autoscript
    2. Unzip/copy to sdcard
    3. Insert sdcard into MX3G & "Toothpick" boot your device - This will display nothing, but should update/restore dual boot functionality.

Changelog:

* ALL builds prior to "f" are based on the linux kernel 3.10.61 (kszaq), with all necessary drivers backported to allow the MX3G box to function. This build is only compatible with the android 4.4.2 bootloader, so if downgrading from newer versions, toothpick/zip install method is required!

* Build "f" is based on codesnake's 3.10.94 linux kernel + a swag of patches to make it behave on the MX3G. This build is compatible with both android bootloaders (up to L106 at least), however, there is no suspend/resume capabilities with this build. T
    oothpick/zip install method is recommended, in order to ensure you are running the new bootloader.

* Build "g" includes all updates up 11/01/2016 for the Openelec 6.0 branch - Updated kernel, opengl drivers - Removed bluetooth drivers for now, as it appears to affect wifi stability (doesn't work at all with this kernel anyway , suspend/resume also remain non-functional with these newer kernel's.

* Build "6.0.1a" introduces the ability to dual boot from SD card (install "Enable SD card dual boot" above to enable this functionality).
    * Removed installing the bootloader when performing the zip based install (This should make this build more compatible with other S812/ap6330 amlogic devices). Zip install zips are included above to allow simple switching between the 2 (if you want to dual boot LP, you *must* have the LP bootloader installed!) - I'm finding the KK bootloader is delivering a smoother overall experience with this build.
    * Changed default scheduler to interactive - heaps of patches from Goog to make it behave more like android - Seems to run cooler overall.
    * Suspend/resume now works quite well, however poweroff leaves the power led "blue" (working on it!)
    * Hdmi-cec has had a few tweaks, including better support for LG/simplink devices. Wetek hdmi-cec enabler addon included by default (If you use hdmi-cec, you will need to go into my addons & enable it - It's disabled by default, for maximum device/tv compatibility).

* Build "6.0.1b" includes the linux 3.16 media tree "backports" + most of kszaq 's updates as of his 6.0.1.1 release, a few extra patches to kodi, kernel build config tweaks, & some patches to cec related to avr's. (faulty - Don't use)

* Build "6.0.1c" fixes major network performance/stability regression. (faulty - Don't use)

* Build "6.0.1d" fixes all regressions in "b" & "c", & has a stable implementation of the backports.

* Build "6.0.1e" Revert backports, avr cec patch, remove bundled addons, fixed bluetooth.

* Build "6.0.3a" latest upstream release, various compile time tweaks.

* Build "6.0.3b" latest codesnake kernel, fix local remote.conf override, fix broken nand update.

* Build "6.0.3c" latest kszaq kernel patches + "Reboot from Nand" option without removing sdcard.

* Build "6.0.3d" Revert to 6.0.2b kernel, few more kodi/OE updates + "Reboot from Nand" option without removing sdcard.

* Build "6.0.3e" Minor improvements all round, backported BT audio support from OE7.

Known Issues:

* Mpeg2 audio streams cause major video stutter (tested on an old DVD/Movie) (Fixed as of 1b)
    * Bluetooth not working (since build 0f,Fixed 1e)
    * Power led remains blue after power off (Broken 1a,Fixed 1b)
    * Network speed issues (only in media "backports" builds 1b+c)
    Last edited by wilro_6276; 04-21-2016, 05:38.

Comment

HI

Will these builds work on the 1gb version?

Comment

Originally posted by red1928 View Post
        HI

Will these builds work on the 1gb version?

6.0.0.2c work in my 1Gb, but I don't know hardware or software failure sometimes black blinking screen have i

Comment

Wilro, Ill give both of these a go and report back. Thanks again for the continued focus, Hey buddy you need a coffee fund link...

Frank

Comment

Ok Ive loaded both on two of my units. Both CPU governors do the same, cores 2 and 4 look like they are frozen and don't cycle smoothly like 5.95.5.2b. With 2b you can see all cores starting and stopping sharing the load but in the latest builds core 2 and 4 will lock not at zero but anywhere and not change again. Also I used default settings for 5g and it was fast so it must be something with my static settings. Other than that it plays all of my movies and performs well...

So for me now 5.95.5.2b will be my home build....

Frank

Comment

I have 1Gb mxiii-g, I posted to another thread screen problems blanking sometimes with openelec.
              I flashed back android, and I use already hours long without problem. I think maybe it is OE software related.
              Just the problem with android: slow, and no automatic refresh rate change
              The deinterlacing quality for sd and hd content is with android more better.
              No 50/25 fps problem with interlaced hd contact, and good deinterlacing quality with sd content.

Comment

Great! Thanks for your support and to the actual contributors!

Edit: Will start shortly a thread on an Italian forum, will link to this if You consent, Wilro!
                Last edited by vn800art; 12-07-2015, 10:30. Reason: added news

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post
                  Ok Ive loaded both on two of my units. Both CPU governors do the same, cores 2 and 4 look like they are frozen and don't cycle smoothly like 5.95.5.2b. With 2b you can see all cores starting and stopping sharing the load but in the latest builds core 2 and 4 will lock not at zero but anywhere and not change again. Also I used default settings for 5g and it was fast so it must be something with my static settings. Other than that it plays all of my movies and performs well...

So for me now 5.95.5.2b will be my home build....

Frank
                  Thanks for the report - I've got a new round of updates coming which will hopefully put this CPU quirk to bed for good (well, at least in my hybrid builds - Makes no sense about the static IP though (Ironically, I only set it on my box because I thought the dhcp lease refresh/renewal was lagging occasionally, & disrupting playback) - I'll have to try switching back... My other bugbear is nfs, I've given up on using kodi's built in one & mount it at the system level - Just about all my network quirkyness is resolved (yippee!)

Comment

Originally posted by envagyok View Post
                    I have 1Gb mxiii-g, I posted to another thread screen problems blanking sometimes with openelec.
                    I flashed back android, and I use already hours long without problem. I think maybe it is OE software related.
                    Just the problem with android: slow, and no automatic refresh rate change
                    The deinterlacing quality for sd and hd content is with android more better.
                    No 50/25 fps problem with interlaced hd contact, and good deinterlacing quality with sd content.
                    Ok, there is one other fundamental difference in android's kernel & OE's - I will change this setting in my next build for all the 1G memory profiles - This may help the situation

Comment

New build released (d) - This one corrects the CPU issue in the last release, fixes kszac build so it'll boot on 1G ram boxes (hopefully!), rolls back kerber's build to use kernel 3.10.61 with a working ondemand scheduler, reverts frame buffer size on 1G boxes to see if it fixes intermittent screen blackouts.

Was hoping to include a functional mysql server in this build, unfortunately this has turned into a real PITA, so will have to wait for a future release...

Comment

Tested on MXIII-G 1GB
                        kszaq 5.95.5.2d - boot, but blinking randomly on gui/videoplay 4-5 times/min. Some network related buffering on hd tv channels, but plays 1080i50 perfect. sometimes frozen on/after video playing, and then restart. (fresh install) Very bad deinterlacing quality, and i cannot set software/bob at menu

kerbers 6.0.0.2d blinking too Both version seems blinking more, like the previous working version. HD1080i50 tv channel played slowmo 25fps ethernet seems better.

Last edited by envagyok; 12-08-2015, 12:08.

Comment

What is missing from openelec for good deinterlacing quality and for hd audio passthrough?
                          It work with android and VidOn xbmc.

Comment

Hello wilro_6276,

Do you have your 2g ram recognised in openelec ?

I have an mx3 box which was advertised as an s802 but is actually an s812, this has bricked a few boxes around the forums but we seem to be getting somewhere with it now.

By using the original android bootloader it can run most 812 versions of openelec but i've not found one that can see more than 814mb.

Basically i think the box is a clone of an 'mx3 plus' it has s812 2g8g ap6330 and k200 board.

I've asked over at xmbc.ru and am struggling to get through all 200 pages ! I did find an early reference from kerber saying he only had 1gb working on the mx3.

Would you be able to adapt your versions to enable the ram above 1g for this box ?

They work very well as is but its a bit frustrating to know there's something being under utilised in the box.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wilro_6276 View Post
                              New build released (d) - This one corrects the CPU issue in the last release, fixes kszac build so it'll boot on 1G ram boxes (hopefully!), rolls back kerber's build to use kernel 3.10.61 with a working ondemand scheduler, reverts frame buffer size on 1G boxes to see if it fixes intermittent screen blackouts.

Was hoping to include a functional mysql server in this build, unfortunately this has turned into a real PITA, so will have to wait for a future release...
                              Appreciate the effort wilco.

Comment

Working...
                              X