Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake MXIII-G flooding the market beware. How to tell inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake MXIII-G flooding the market beware. How to tell inside...

Just bought some MXIII-G boxes from **** for family. I was planning on installing OE on them for media use. The boxes were sold as MXIII-G with all of the correct pictures and details. The boxes will not enter into recovery or toothpick flash stock MXIII-G firmware. They come with a recent version of KitKat 4.4.2 which is rooted and seem to function well but its not an MXIII-G. Performance is nothing like the MXIII-G the box looks identical on the outside with the only exception of Gigabit not present lower left. Its lighter and the case is cheaply made. The motherboard is completely different as photos attached show. WARNING don't buy a MXIII-G unless it comes with Lollipop 5.1 and has Gigabit on the lower left corner.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

I saw Gearbest selling the MXIII-G at their US warehouse for $46 and I wonder if it is a genuine box. There are some "user" review pics that show the Gigabit logo on the case, but who knows for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      I saw Gearbest selling the MXIII-G at their US warehouse for $46 and I wonder if it is a genuine box.
      The fake ones are KitKat versions 4.4.2 and look the same but feel way lighter. You can squeeze it and flex the case very easily, Garbage... I bought my 4 MXIII-G from Gearbest other than slow shipping no problem. Just make sure you buy the Lollipop 5.1 version...

Comment

They list it as 5.1, pretty decent price for that box. Shipping should be around a week to US addresses. I am considering suggesting this box to a friend, but have held off based on worry related to the box being authentic. Oh well, it is only $47, so they can't get hurt too bad. Do you think this box would be good for someone new to the TV box world?
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          They list it as 5.1, pretty decent price for that box. Shipping should be around a week to US addresses. I am considering suggesting this box to a friend, but have held off based on worry related to the box being authentic. Oh well, it is only $47, so they can't get hurt too bad. Do you think this box would be good for someone new to the TV box world?
          Thanks.
          Absolutely excellent box. You will want the 2G/8G version. Like I said about Gearbest is slow shipping but that shouldn't be a problem if coming from a US store... I run OpenElec on these replacing android and they are the best IMO for home media, Velcro-attached to the back of the TV. I use a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard to complete the package. I have one for every TV in the house and all my kids friends have no issue navigating through the menus first use.

The box is very easy to flash with OpenElec, KitKat, and Lollipop. OpenElec is the easiest to navigate and it boots straight to Kodi dedicated just for TV and Media.

Comment

Thank you for the information, I will pass that on to my friend. Do you know if an OpenELEC version is available for the MXIII-G that will boot and run from SD. His kids will still want Android for some casual gaming, so installing OE won't work for him.

Comment

Yep, you can dual boot these boxes. See the link attached...

​Good Luck
              These builds are derived from the efforts of many, my thanks to all concerned, & esp. Codesnake for making OE a viable option on Amlogic based devices - Without

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for the link and info. I will forward this to my friend.

Comment

Hi, I also got this fake MXIII. Bought it from AliExpress for $47. I was planning to Install OpenElec on it. Could't understand from the above, Can I install OE on it ?
                  Attached photos of the box:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160425_190035.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	569447 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160425_190242.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	569448 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160425_190102.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	569449

Comment

Originally posted by Aldan68 View Post
                    Hi, I also got this fake MXIII. Bought it from AliExpress for $47. I was planning to Install OpenElec on it. Could't understand from the above, Can I install OE on it ?
                    Attached photos of the box:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n569447[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n569448[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n569449[/ATTACH]
                    Nope, I found no way to get it to boot OE. Tried several different roms, no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post

Nope, I found no way to get it to boot OE. Tried several different roms, no luck.
                      Thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

I think I got another fake MXIII, this is so frustrating.
                        The board looks very much like Netxeon. I think it's a fake because I couldn't install OE from SD card (Wilro build), even the restart with toothpick didn't reach to recovery mode, it's get restart and restart.
                        I ordered it from Aliexpress, the seller show a picture with "Gigabit" on the lower left corner, said it's model MXIII-G and with Android 5.1 .

Does anyone else got this one?
                        Is there other method to install standalone OE or dual boot from SD?
                        Please advice
                        and be aware

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldan68 View Post
                          I think I got another fake MXIII, this is so frustrating.
                          The board looks very much like Netxeon. I think it's a fake because I couldn't install OE from SD card (Wilro build), even the restart with toothpick didn't reach to recovery mode, it's get restart and restart.
                          I ordered it from Aliexpress, the seller show a picture with "Gigabit" on the lower left corner, said it's model MXIII-G and with Android 5.1 .

Does anyone else got this one?
                          Is there other method to install standalone OE or dual boot from SD?
                          Please advice
                          and be aware
                          A little light https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_fM...st=WL&index=23

Comment

Working...
                          X