Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basjke View Post
    For those willing to upgrade the Beelink M18 to firmware 108L1 follow this tutorial. Worked a charm for me, and no custom ROM needed.

Honours go to CNX - Software

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...sucks-in-2016/

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...ogic-tv-boxes/

Firmware M18_108L1
    The M18_108L1 is that an official release from Beelink? It is not available for the normal update OTA.

Comment

Originally posted by ACoster View Post

The M18_108L1 is that an official release from Beelink? It is not available for the normal update OTA.
      I guess it is an official release as it is exactly the same as the boxes I have that came with the 108L1 firmware installed.

By the way if you are on 107L1 there is indeed no OTA update to 108L1, but I recently received a device that was labelled MX64 and had firmware version 105 installed and it first updated over OTA to M18 firmware 106 and then after reboot straight to 108L1.
      Last edited by basjke; 03-05-2017, 17:41.

Comment

I bought my M18 three months ago and it came with the 108L1 firmware installed.

Comment

Ok, then I will update my M18 manually.
          I am on 107L1 and indeed no OTA update available.

Comment

There is a NEWER firmware that was ported from the Minix U1 (fw12) and also the Ugoos AM1(fw007). They can be obtained from
            Code:
            https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry58988851

Use Chrome so it can convert to english. Both firmwares can be downloaded from the top of the page on any page (click the + button to open the menu), or U1 firmware is posted on page 72 and the AM1 firmware is on page 73 I believe.

This should be much better than the 108L1 that is currently available.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by veronicasmithen03 View Post
              There is a NEWER firmware that was ported from the Minix U1 (fw12) and also the Ugoos AM1(fw007). They can be obtained from
              Code:
              https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...#entry58988851

Use Chrome so it can convert to english. Both firmwares can be downloaded from the top of the page on any page (click the + button to open the menu), or U1 firmware is posted on page 72 and the AM1 firmware is on page 73 I believe.

This should be much better than the 108L1 that is currently available.

Cheers
              Thanks!!

Comment

I can't seem to get any of the zip files to download, only the image file. Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

The Wi Fi does not seem to be working on the MiniX img. The downloads dont work for me on any of the other links. Not sure why.

Comment

From my testing, the Minix rom doesn't work as well. Unfortunately its FW version 12 and not FW version 11. Version 11 was likely the most stable.

The AM1 firmware is by far the BEST and most stable I have run on my M18/mx64/MRX box. I enjoy it much better than the stock firmware 108L1.

As for the links not working - check back every so often because I think yandex has had some issues lately. Posts on 4pda forums indicate that the download was damaged (but worked fine previously) - you will have to check the forum or test download to make sure it's correct.

Good luck.

Comment

does any one know if this will work on Tronsmart Vega S89-H?
                      i would like to have android 5, i herd you can use the 102L1_5.1 Beta Firmware for Tronsmart.
                      any one tried it or know of any working custom firmware running android 5 for the Tronsmart Vega S89-H

Comment

Originally posted by veronicasmithen03 View Post
                        From my testing, the Minix rom doesn't work as well. Unfortunately its FW version 12 and not FW version 11. Version 11 was likely the most stable.

The AM1 firmware is by far the BEST and most stable I have run on my M18/mx64/MRX box. I enjoy it much better than the stock firmware 108L1.

As for the links not working - check back every so often because I think yandex has had some issues lately. Posts on 4pda forums indicate that the download was damaged (but worked fine previously) - you will have to check the forum or test download to make sure it's correct.

Good luck.
                        Hi veronicasmithen03 I was directed to this thread because you reported that the AM1 ROM ran well on your Beelink M18.

Since this is almost 3 months ago and you haven't reported back since, I would like to ask if you could give some more feedback.

Comment

I have installed the AM1 firmware on the Beelink M18.

While it looks nice I don't directly see an improvement over the stock firmware.

What I do see is that it takes a full 70 seconds to boot up, while with the original firmware that was 30 seconds.

Comment

I have installed the AM2 firmware on M18, works without any modificatinons.
                            Not working: ir remote and ethernet.

Trimis de pe al meu Mi A1 folosind Tapatalk

Comment

I am trying to use the burning tool and keep getting this error: [0x10105002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/USB Control setup error

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X