No announcement yet.

Openelec build available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in the meantime Alex has also made an sdcard version with recently discovered improvements!

Comment

Originally posted by techetga View Post
      This is very good news! Finally real 4k and 10-bit hevc with openelec!
      So 2160p 10bit Works with openelec? Is better than kodi 16 in the official android Rom?
      How is the hd audio pass-through?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunarch View Post

So 2160p 10bit Works with openelec? Is better than kodi 16 in the official android Rom?
        I can't comment on the minimx but I can comment for the m18.
        I can't say if 4k resolution works as I don't have a 4k tv.
        2160p 10 bit does decode fine (50fps content has graphical bugs) all 24fps content has played back perfectly.
        HD audio passthrough is 50/50
        Dolby tru-hd is passed through correctly
        DTS-HD MA is not passed through at all (kodi seems to be passing but receiver gets nothing)

Comment

Originally posted by Lunarch View Post

"Jellyfish-140-Mbps-2160p-hevc-10bit" plays without problem including sound....there is only small graphics distortion if I set screen to 4k (on my UHD TV) ...but if movie is playing everything's OK,
          but the menu overlay is making distortions...only in 4k, on my 720p projector no problem at all

Comment

Hi, been running the openelec version listed earlier in this thread, worked very well, if you clever people can solve the 7.1 hdmi pass issue I'd be very happy,, but thanks for the great work to get the SD boot version working well, Downside I have just updated to the new firmware S905_106L, and the SD card version now refuses to boot. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Hi mobigeek
              Have you tride reboot on bootloader "recovery mode".
              That should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Mobigeek View Post
                Hi, been running the openelec version listed earlier in this thread, worked very well, if you clever people can solve the 7.1 hdmi pass issue I'd be very happy,, but thanks for the great work to get the SD boot version working well, Downside I have just updated to the new firmware S905_106L, and the SD card version now refuses to boot. Anyone know how to fix this?
                If you upgrade Android version you have to do again the toothpick trick, only once, and you are done!
                Question: how is 106L1 running? Changelog?
                Last edited by vn800art; 03-26-2016, 23:46. Reason: Question

Comment

Thanks, joopjanes and vn800art that did the trick, sorry vn800art not had any time to test out the new stock firmware, but on the quick look I had, I didn't see anything different, hopefully a change log will get posted.

Comment

Only thing I have noticed is that it seems to take longer to boot with S905_106L firmware! I will be very interested to read what other members have found.
                    Last edited by Mobigeek; 03-27-2016, 18:38.

Comment

Thanks a lot, have a good Easter day!

Comment

Originally posted by bagofcrap24 View Post

I can't comment on the minimx but I can comment for the m18. all 24fps content has played back perfectly.
                        What build are you using on your M18, and how did you install it? I'm thinking of just converting my M18 into a dedicated OpenELEC machine, and just using the Nexus Player for Netflix and other Android purposes.

Also, do these OpenELEC builds support plugins such as PlexKodiConnect? I need to use it with my Plex Server. Thanks
                        Also, lol do these builds support themes such as Titan or Transparency? I have to ask because I updated my Wetek Core to OpenELEC and it don't support themes, and its also a amlogic device. Thanks again.

Comment

Well, running Alex build for Sdcard with dtb.img taken from last android build, my skin is Aeon nox. Regards

Comment

New update works great guys check it out !

Comment

Hi Cee604, whats new? and do you have a link for it, currently running SD card version "OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm64-MiniMX-7.0-devel-20160311231246-r22293-g8448589.img.gz" works great. still hoping for 7.1 support for DTS Master and True HD on future updates and releases (maybe Wetek have it sorted on the new Openelec Play 2S? - S905 chipset)

Comment

Thanks found the location now, http://amlinux.ru/image/905/6.95.2.1/ I didn't realize that there was a S905 directory, have downloaded 6.95 and upgraded. a big thank you to everybody that put this together..

Comment

Working...
                                X