No announcement yet.

Openelec build available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Have just got a Beelink Minimx iii and have flashed - OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-6.95.3.zip - extracting to SDCard and using the "hold reset while powering on" I had the android come up and the process finished, but now I just get a black screen? Any ideas or help would be very grateful

Update - I have just flashed - OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-6.95.2.1.zip - and its now booting, is this the latest version? thanks
    Last edited by karl0ss; 06-09-2016, 10:10.

Comment

2.1 is the latest version for running on an sd card.
      It's running well on my mini mxiii.

Comment

i have Mini MXIII , can i flash directly to NAND the MiniMX openelec build?

regards,

Comment

Originally posted by kabise View Post
          i have Mini MXIII , can i flash directly to NAND the MiniMX openelec build?

regards,

Yeah check my post just above, done it today and it worked fine..

Comment

New build available : http://amlinux.ru/image/905/6.95.3.1/

any feedback there ?

Comment

I'v put OpenElec 6.95.3.1 on a microsd card and tried on my MINI MX-G.
              Auto refresh rate change is good (only one bug found when you set the resolution to 1080p and the movie is 2160p then it plays on the top left quarter of the uhd screen).
              DD, DTS, DTS HD, TrueHD passthrough works, but no DD+ and multichannel audio
              4k OK
              no CEC
              wifi and lan OK

Comment

thanks, stereo music is ok ?
                is Remote controller fully working ?

Comment

stereo music and remote works flawlessly
                  I can watch movies, listen music (even .dts music files) without any problem.
                  I had a Z4 (RK3368) player before this but the MINI MX is much better right now. And I hope somebody could fix the rest to be perfect....

Comment

Just updated to OpenElec 6.95.3.1 (put tar file in update folder and rebooted) working via SD card, "Hooray" at last the facility to play DTS - HD Master 7.1 soundtracks on movies, AV receiver sees the 7.1 channels and displays the correct DTS HD MA 7.1 label on AV Receiver, all channels working with no drops out in sound. Also tested with Samsung 7.1 Helicopter BluRay lossless footage, and Dolby Digital 5.1 also fully working. My TV didn't switch to 24 frames, so will have to check whether I have missed enabling this feature. A great step forward, massive thanks to all involved for this update. Also need to check whether the 7.1 audio works over DLNA (served from 1 MiniMx to another over cat5e network), both running OpenElec from SD cards..

Comment

Update to above post: Have enabled auto adjust frame rate in settings, played BluRay iso file and TV switched to 24p at the start of the movie, so that appears to be working fully as well. Great News.

Comment

Little confused on the best way to proceed
                        I've got a beelink minimx iii, I've tried superceleron rom but I've still drops in dts
                        I would like to have android on the box and openelec on a sdcard, could someone guide me a bit ?
                        I did not find a central topic, so sorry to hijack a little this one

Comment

Originally posted by BENETNATH View Post
                          Little confused on the best way to proceed
                          I've got a beelink minimx iii, I've tried superceleron rom but I've still drops in dts
                          I would like to have android on the box and openelec on a sdcard, could someone guide me a bit ?
                          I did not find a central topic, so sorry to hijack a little this one
                          Instructions:

1. Download this archive and extract the .img file it contains (use 7-Zip):

2. Using an image writer app (e.g. for Windows: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/) write the image to the micro-SD card. Note that this will erase all existing data on the micro-SD card.

3. Insert micro-SD card into MiniMX and supply power.

4. Box should boot to OpenELEC. It will continue to boot to OpenELEC without any need to press restore button as long as the micro-SD card is inserted.

5. If it doesn't boot into OpenELEC, you may need to reboot whilst activating the reset button on the bottom of the media player (insert a bent paperclip into the small hole to press the switch).

6. If you find that you miss Android, to boot back into it, just remove the micro-SD card and reboot.

Method adapted from here
                          Last edited by WookieMask; 06-13-2016, 12:24.

Comment

Thanks for this detailed method.
                            Sadly, i can't boot on the sdcard.
                            Maybe it's because i've flashed the superceleron's rom ?
                            I can't feel any switch in the hole under the box, no click or triggering feeling, strange..

Comment

The switch is fairly awkward to use until you get the knack - if you shine a torch in the hole you can see where to press.
                              Openelec works fine on sd card with the superceleron rom.

Comment

Hi guys, I want to buy MiniMx and install openelec/libreelec on it. I am happy that someone work on openelec for this device, thanx for that.
                                I have few questions about the functionality of this system.
                                1. Does the 23,976Hz playback work perfectly (without micro shuttering)?
                                2. Does the V-synch work?
                                3. Does the HW deinterlacing work perfectly?
                                4. Does the HDMI CEC work?
                                5. Does the PVR client work (VDR VNSI)?

Thanx for you answers

Comment

Working...
                                X