Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 2 hard unbrick a Beelink M18

I have bricked my m18 only red light.
    I have tried a lot of things, the computer doesn't recognize the device anymore.

This is what i have tried so far.
    1.No Recovery mode.
    2.USB Burning Tool doesn't recognize the device.
    3.Created SDboot Card but not booting at all.
    Last edited by joopjanes; 04-19-2016, 21:52.

Originally posted by joopjanes View Post
    I have bricked my m18 only red light.
    I have tried a lot of things, the computer doesn't recognize the device anymore.

This is what i have tried so far.
    1.No Recovery mode.
    2.USB Burning Tool doesn't recognize the device.
    3.Created SDboot Card but not booting at all.

If anyone knows an other solution please let me know.
    Not sure this will help, but try this option.

Comment

Yes i have finally found a solution and what to share it to you guys.
      If you have the same problem as me to unbrick your box and it doesn't work for example;
      1.Recovery with the toothpick method.
      2. Bootcardmaker
      3. OTG usb burning tool and the PC doesn't recognize the devise anymore.
      What i have found on the internet "B2W 4pda, cobaltss, and it's working ".
      It's to disassemble the box and force the device go into bridge mode with conecting pin 29+30 together off the nand flash "see picture below".
      Install USB_Burning_Tool 2.0.5.15 or later.
      Connect the dead box to your PC via the OTG cable.
      Power it on with the power cord and press the power butten ; Windows will not detecting it. No need for toothpick.
      Load a firmware for the device( .img and make sure you select Force erase all )
      Now conect pin 29 and 30 till windows and USB_Burning_Tool will detecting your device.
      And press start " USB_Burning_Tool " wait for the firmware to finish.
      After the installation, remove the power cord and the OTG cable.
      Reboot your box and you are good to go!
      Attached Files
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by joopjanes; 04-20-2016, 15:54.

Comment

Yes i have finally found a solution and what to share to you guys.
        If you have the same problem as me to unbrick your box and it doesn't work for example;
        2. Bootcardmaker
        It's to disassemble the box and force the device go into bridge mode with conecting pin 29+30 together off the nand flash "see picture below".
        Power it on with the power cord and press the power butten ; Windows will not detecting it. No need for toothpick.
        Now conect pin 29 and 30 till windows and USB_Burning_Tool will detecting your device.
        Good job!

Do you know if this works on other s905 boxes?

Comment

If the nand flash is the same sure it wil work an other boxes as well.

Comment

2. Bootcardmaker
            Hey! Thanks a lot for this, it worked perfectly!
            Wish I had done it sooner...

You are the MAN!

Comment

Hello.
              Please, where do I download USB_Burning_Tool and device .img. I'm new here and I do not understand much.

Edit:
              So I searched everything. Contact connectors and nothing. Windows does not detect.
              Last edited by Jan27; 09-06-2016, 15:46.

Comment

How long does it need to be connected pin 29 and 30 to allow Windows and USB Burning Tool to recognize the device (a few seconds or minute)? Does it matter the version of Windows? It will work on Windows XP or need at least Windows 7?

Comment

2. Bootcardmaker

I would suggest that you correct your post, because there are only 25 pins on the chip, and what you point to in your picture is actually pin 19 and 20.

Comment

2. Bootcardmaker

Great post - glad you included a decent pic of that chip. I had to restore mine a few months ago and the old photo of that chip (on this site) had been deleted - so I had a heck of a time finding the pins.

However, as the user above me has indicated - that is not the correct way of counting the pins. You have the wrong numbers. You likely have the correct pins, but you counted in the wrong direction. Each 5th pin is marked by a white line. The first pin is the one with WHITE ARROW pointing to it. Now, each 5th pin you'll see a white line. Count all the way to the end of the first side. Seeing as there is 24 pins on each side, we will be 1 pin short of a "perfect 5" - so the 5th pin will be the first pin (white line) on the opposite side of the chip. It will only make sense counting in one direction when you take into account that every 5th pin has a "white line".

Hope that helps others.

Comment

Guys, especially joopjanes, thank you so much!
                      I was thinking of throwing away my M18, until I found this thread. Worked perfectly!
                      After upgrading to some russian firmware (AM1), which seem to work fine, even the OTA update, it suddenly stopped booting up. Only the red light came up. Tried everything, to no avail. Then followed this procedure to the letter and voila! I am back up and running.
                      Cheers!

Comment

hi guys, Joopjanes, I am new to this and i am wondering if this fix might work with a "Kukele 2GB/16GB Quad Core 64bits Android 5.1 Lollipop TV Box"?

this is M18, as Beeline tv box. With S905 Quad Core CPU however the nand flash "Foresee Chip" has a end number 1603/ which is the last line of this chip. I am not sure if the bridge mode can work? also since this is by name "kukele m18 with Android 5.1 Lollipop, and Kukele Electronic is not willing to give a software update. Can you say which version of Android 5.1 Lollipop i should look for when doing this process?
                        many thanks all. Do hope to hear something positive.

Comment

Working...
                        X