No announcement yet.

MiniMX S905 - Ubuntu 16.04 64bits (with kodi and X) on sdcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot for your work and looking forward.
    I own 2 of MiniMXIII boxes so i can test and give feedback as well

Originally posted by Koxx View Post
    Hi guys, sorry I'm not often here.
    Thanks balbes for the help you provide to all users
    I'll receive a MiniMXIII in 2 weeks.
    I'll try to build a version compatible with the V1 and the III (with all drivers included), and I'll restart it from the Telos Ubuntu V3. Unless balbes goes faster than me to do it

I'll have a look on the balbes new scripts. (@balbes150, what are they doing exactly ?)

For X11, don't hope too much. The current Odroid C2 acceleration is only for openGL. It isn't miraculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Koxx View Post
      Hi guys, sorry I'm not often here.
      Thanks balbes for the help you provide to all users
      I'll receive a MiniMXIII in 2 weeks.
      I'll try to build a version compatible with the V1 and the III (with all drivers included), and I'll restart it from the Telos Ubuntu V3. Unless balbes goes faster than me to do it

I'll have a look on the balbes new scripts. (@balbes150, what are they doing exactly ?)

For X11, don't hope too much. The current Odroid C2 acceleration is only for openGL. It isn't miraculous.
      Adding new features and fixing bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
        Adding new features and fixing bugs.
        Hello guys! I look forward to that image. Does anyone know if it will have drivers for Wifi and Bluetooth Broadcom AP6330 ? I have seen that most of the images are on the AP6210 ...
        What about functional bluetooth A2DP ... is it possible ? I'm with the V1 image, managed to install bluetooth hardware and pulseaudio, but only hear hickups, slow audio and poor quality.

Comment

Driver and source code available. The problem is lack of time.

Comment

Dear balbes150 k1 plus ubuntu??????? Rt8189etv wifi sound ethernet driver

Comment

Originally posted by yurek_m View Post
              Dear balbes150 k1 plus ubuntu??????? Rt8189etv wifi sound ethernet driver
              Sorry, but now a lot of work (building a house, the holiday period to replace the other), I remember my promise.

Comment

When i finally get some time to play with my S905 boxes and hopefully get Linux working, then i hope to donate (if possibly) to the devs here for their awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by fossxplorer View Post
                  When i finally get some time to play with my S905 boxes and hopefully get Linux working, then i hope to donate (if possibly) to the devs here for their awesome work!
                  Okey dear thank you

Comment

Koxx, did you receive your MiniMXIII? I'm eagerly awaiting your Ubuntu build for this box.

Comment

Originally posted by jukiveins View Post
                      Koxx, did you receive your MiniMXIII? I'm eagerly awaiting your Ubuntu build for this box.
                      You bet i do too! I'm ready to donate/buy him a beer/coffee as a way to thank for his effort and time on this!

Comment

Hello everyone
                        I have Beelink Mini MX Ver 1.0 (2GB RAM + 16GB ROM) and I am using Koxx Ubuntu image v1
                        I try to redirect sound to HDMI with /home/odroid/sound.sh, the script run successful and change the value in file /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config to "audio config: on" but still don't have sound to HDMI
                        In "Sound Preferences" window I see "Output volume" to minimum and disabled and there is audio device recognized like "AML-M8AUDIO"

cat /proc/asound/cards
                        0 [AMLM8AUDIO ]: AML-M8AUDIO - AML-M8AUDIO
                        AML-M8AUDIO

cat /etc/asound.conf
                        pcm.!default {
                        type hw
                        card 0
                        device 1
                        format S16_LE
                        }

ctl.!default {
                        type hw
                        card 0
                        }

How can i fix this sound issue?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

For those using minimx 2g and having problem with wifi and bluetooth, you can download the correct firmware from http://dl.cubieboard.org/public/Cubi...ware/bcm40183/

- Put all those files in /lib/firmware.
                          - backup the existing nvram.txt
                          - rename the nvram_gb9663.txt to nvram.txt
                          -
                          edit /etc/systemd/system/bt-up.sh
                          - change /lib/firmware/bcm43438a0.hcd to /lib/firmware/bcm40183b2.hcd

Now , you should be able to use your wifi and bluetooth.

nonamer

I have the same device. Even though you can't change the sound volume setting, I can hear the audio through hdmi after running the sound.sh

Cheers
                          Budi

Comment

Hello,
                            I would like to install your image, but I have issues with the boot on sdcard : it does not boot !
                            Can you help me ?

Description of my TV Box Android:
                            Beelink MiniMXIII
                            Date of purchase: July 2016
                            Processor: Amlogic S905
                            CPU: Quad-core 64 bits ARM Cortex-A53 2 GHz
                            GPU: Penta-core ARM Mali-450
                            RAM: DDR3 2GB
                            MEM Onboard Flash: 16 GB

Thanks in advance for your help.
                            Ricardo

Comment

Hello, I have this cheap box for $ 37 Bought . http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-...11.html?wid=21 Then with this SD card fit .http://www.****.de/itm/252360707074?...378&rmvSB=true

Then I want to play Ubuntu . Will they succeed ?

It means S905X. Will it work?

Last edited by Pololu; 09-19-2016, 19:32.

Comment

Hello, i'm using ubuntu without much issues as a server. I got a new Serial to USB adapter that is not detected by the kernel. I dont find the driver for it, for the odroid-c2. Could you try to compile it for me and give me the resulted driver to make my serial-USB adapter works? Thanks a lot.
                                My config:
                                Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
                                I found this thead that is talking about it:

Comment

Working...
                                X