• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MiniMX new firmware 20042016 s905_107L1

There is a online update 20-04-2016 s905_107L1
    Someone know, what news is it in?

I tested with spmc,kodi,VidOn still no refresh rate change
    Last edited by envagyok; 04-26-2016, 06:32.

how about the clicking passthrough?

Comment

For me with activated VidOn xbmc dolby hd and DTS hd passthrough work, normal dolby digital no.

Comment

Great! New Android FW today + new OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-6.95.2.1 release for SD card as well....heavy updating this evening :-)

Comment

Originally posted by stillka View Post
          Great! New Android FW today + new OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-6.95.2.1 release for SD card as well....heavy updating this evening :-)
          I don't think so
          Both has all problems what previous versions have.
          No automatic refresh rate switch, and audio problems.
          Openelec audio better except dts-hd, and android have problems with DD and DTS.
          Both have problem with refresh rate switch.

Comment

Originally posted by envagyok
            I don't think so
            Both has all problems what previous versions have.
            No automatic refresh rate switch, and audio problems.
            Openelec audio better except dts-hd, and android have problems with DD and DTS.
            Both have problem with refresh rate switch.
            Why do I need refresh rate switch?
            I have HD projector and have no problem watching everything on 60hz/vsync on, no video shuttering or other issues...

Comment

Originally posted by stillka View Post

Why do I need refresh rate switch?
              I have HD projector and have no problem watching everything on 60hz/vsync on, no video shuttering or other issues...

I see problems at camera panning with every movies at 60hz
              When the movie has 23.97 or 24 frame/sec, you never can playback perfect at 60 frame/sec, because one frame displayed 3 times, the next frame displayed 2 times like 3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2... And then cannot produce fluid video at fast horizontal and vertical scanning. Maybe you see 29.97,30,60fps videos, the it's not disturbing.
              Last edited by envagyok; 04-30-2016, 07:44.

Comment

There has been fixes on ODROID forums for auto refresh rate, yadif 2x deinterlacing, and cec

I have forwarded these links to Beelink factory, maybe they can apply them to the Android firmware.

Also I believe Kerber is probably adding them to his Openelec build for Beelink MiniMX on AMLinuxMedia forums.

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.ph...h+rate#p135858

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.ph...ng+fix#p138510

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.ph...x+s905#p134957

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is Beelink MiniMX 1GB/8GB + 2GB/16GB 107L1 - April 20, 2016 - Android Firmware from Beelink factory

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-april-20-2016

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the world of Android TV box although I've been a long time KODI/XBMC user on the HTPC. This is my first android tv box purchase for my own use, and it's a fantastic box! I purchased the MXQ-4K with the RK3229 SOC for relatives to use as a cheap tv box and it's like night and day. I updated to the latest firmware107L OTA with no issues and everything runs smoothly and very stable with no crashes/reboot (the MXQ-4K would reboot several times during the day!). Hopefully Beelink keeps the updates coming (fingers crossed). Audio wise, I only have it hooked up via optical out from the TV to my Edifier Spinnaker 2.0 speakers, so there are no audio issues unlike those trying to get it to work with surround sound. Would be great if they can get the surround some problems sorted out! Also, is there a way to select 24p refreesh rate mode in KODI or is only selectable in the main android interface. My new LED TV has 24p and it would be nice to get that working!

Comment

Originally posted by Rivian View Post
                    Also, is there a way to select 24p refreesh rate mode in KODI or is only selectable in the main android interface. My new LED TV has 24p and it would be nice to get that working!
                    In Kodi, under video playback settings there is an option "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
                    This should do the trick. Turn on debugging to see if it works

Comment

Originally posted by dommels View Post

In Kodi, under video playback settings there is an option "Adjust display refresh rate to match video"
                      This should do the trick. Turn on debugging to see if it works
                      I turned it on in KODI but TV still reports 60Hz when playing back 24p movie, so I guess it's not working in Kodi? If I manually select 1080p/24Hz in Android and play the movie in Kodi, TV correctly reports 24p.

Comment

Working...
                      X