No announcement yet.

Minix Neo U1 firmware port for MiniMXIII ánd Mini MX! Prerooted + TWRP recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo U1 firmware port for MiniMXIII ánd Mini MX! Prerooted + TWRP recovery

Based on Minix Firmware: NEO U1 FW010 - 20161012

Change log since FW009A:
    1.) Updated Miracast app
    2.) Fixed Wi-Fi static IP connection issue
    3.) Updated MINIX XBMC app to fix HD audio passthrough issue (Build 20160911)*
    4.) Removed system broswer to allow Android system webview support
    5.) Added Chrome browser (You may also install your own preferred browsers)
    6.) Modification to support up to 5 USB devices
    7.) New mouse icon of medium size
    8.) Fixed audio issue on some games (e.g. PACMAN 256)
    9.) Added a software switch for video layer output (default is still OSD layer)
    10.) Fixed some x265 video playback issues (e.g. Dragon Ball Super)
    11.) Fixed ghosting, smoke effect on some SD videos

Everything working. Antutu score: 36913

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++

Firmware : https://mega.nz/#F!d1MhSZzT!Eg6mfZwpfWUPh9hacYsMVw

Files needed per device:

Mini MX (AP6212 version):
    recovery.img
    MiniX_NEO_U1_FW010_To_Beelink_MiniMX_V1_Ap6212.zip
    MiniMX_v1_Ap6212_WiFi_Driver_Patch_FINAL.zip

Mini MX (RT8723 version):
    recovery.img
    MiniX_NEO_U1_FW010_To_Beelink_MiniMX_V2_RT8723.zip
    MiniMX_v2_RT8723 _WiFi_Driver_Patch_FINAL.zip

Mini MXIII:
    recovery.img
    MiniX_NEO_U1_FW010_To_MiniMX3_FINAL.zip
    MiniMX3_WiFi_Driver_Patch_FINAL.zip

Instructions:

Put files on USB stick or SD card
    Boot in recovery
    Go to advanced wipe, select and wipe Dalvik / ART CACHE, CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA.
    Go back and flash two zip files (firmware first, then patch!)
    Reboot system.

First boot can take a while.

Source: prohardver.hu

I installed your custom firmware on my Beelink MiniMx3 and testing it now. Seems to be working very well. Using the Minix XBMC, the HD audio is passing through to my Denon AVR wiithout any problems. Still testing other apps, Emby client is playing well also, while playing live TV streams coded in mpeg2 TS. A lot of devices struggle playing the mpeg2 TS streams, but this firmware is no having any problems at all.
    Will continue testing.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

That version for mini mx is it for 2gb or 1gb devices?

Comment

Thanks for the update.
        Have noticed that FW011 is out.

Any chance to get the latest version?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Gaudi View Post
          Thanks for the update.
          Have noticed that FW011 is out.

Any chance to get the latest version?

Regards
          FW011 just few day come out ..

our freinds here give a free FW for you .. don't keep asking for more..

need to to appreciate this guy for their work..
          MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

It doesn't work for me. After flashing with TWRP it goes black screen, blue screen a few times and then says failed boot it might be corrupted.

Comment

Seems working but box getting too hot and stuck some games on loading screen. Youtube and some videos Making errors giving black screen on mini mxiii.
              seen 78 celcius. Thank you for your support
              Last edited by Agronur; 12-08-2016, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                I installed your custom firmware on my Beelink MiniMx3 and testing it now. Seems to be working very well. Using the Minix XBMC, the HD audio is passing through to my Denon AVR wiithout any problems. Still testing other apps, Emby client is playing well also, while playing live TV streams coded in mpeg2 TS. A lot of devices struggle playing the mpeg2 TS streams, but this firmware is no having any problems at all.
                Will continue testing.
                how your custom rom.. wifi work good

now im using fw009 also no problem

Comment

flashing this firmware... so impressive ... now my mini mx3 already minix neo U1

rom speed 80/30
                  wifi speed max

Comment

Hi, I booted into recovery with the pinhole method, but I cannot see advanced. Can anyone help please.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post
                      Hi, I booted into recovery with the pinhole method, but I cannot see advanced. Can anyone help please.
                      open usb burning tool select **.img and press start than press reset button and hold , plug in usb cablr .......usb burning tool auto start... wait 4min remove cable and press stop

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post

open usb burning tool select **.img and press start than press reset button and hold , plug in usb cablr .......usb burning tool auto start... wait 4min remove cable and press stop
                        You mean select recovery.img or MiniX_NEO_U1_FW010_To_MiniMX3_FINAL changing zip to img or MiniMX3_WiFi_Driver_Patch_FINAL changing zip to img.?

From the instructions, it says Go to advanced wipe, select and wipe Dalvik / ART CACHE, CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA

I wasn't able to see advanced, so didn't delete Dalvik, & when I tried to update the zip, it said signing failed.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57
                          From the instructions, it says Go to advanced wipe, select and wipe Dalvik / ART CACHE, CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA

I wasn't able to see advanced, so didn't delete Dalvik, & when I tried to update the zip, it said signing failed.

Thanks
                          In Twrp you need to enter the Wipe menu, then you go to Advanced Wipe menu and follow the instructions. Before install the zips uncheck the signing verification and it should install just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                            In Twrp you need to enter the Wipe menu, then you go to Advanced Wipe menu and follow the instructions. Before install the zips uncheck the signing verification and it should install just fine.
                            I have installed twrp from the play store
                            Official TWRP App, but I cannot see any settings to untick signature verification

I did see that Twrp version 2.5.0.0 has some options, but it looks like I need to install this img via the recovery menu.

Can you let me know which version I need. I also installed
                            TWRP Manager which gave me an option to delete dalvik, but nowhere can I see anything about signature verification.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post

I have installed twrp from the play store
                              Official TWRP App, but I cannot see any settings to untick signature verification

I did see that Twrp version 2.5.0.0 has some options, but it looks like I need to install this img via the recovery menu.

Can you let me know which version I need. I also installed
                              TWRP Manager which gave me an option to delete dalvik, but nowhere can I see anything about signature verification.

Thanks for the help.
                              you dont need to....just use default setting on TWRP.....

just copy 3 file on thumb drive... hold reset button and plug in power jack... TWRP popup select and select **.zip from thumb drive

Comment

Working...
                              X