• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT MXQ Pro 4k Recovery mode/reset button

Hi all,

just picked up an MXQ Pro 4K android box from bangood
    http://www.banggood.com/MXQ-Pro-4K-U...p-1015008.html
    and i've been trying to get the thing into recovery mode but no luck so far. T

The reset switch is located at the back of the spdif port and powering the device up with it depressed does absolutely nothing it just boots up as normal.

While the reset button itself works from a functional standpoint (tested continuity across the pins), one of the pins on the underside of board appears to not be connected to anything?

Are you sure you are entering recovery as with USB 4 plug and A male USB cable to A male USB? You should be able to enter via the pin on av out I can see it in your pic. Good luck

Comment

I'm not entering recovery at all, nothing happens when holding down the reset button, I can watch the android box boot up as normal on the screen next to me.

When connecting via usb 4 again nothing happens pc doesnt detect the box, nothing.

Comment

Very strange. What icon appears when booting up? Are you rooted? If rooted go into updater app and hit update and you should be able to enter recovery. Don't use online update that never works.
        Good luck.
        Last edited by Xlr8; 08-12-2016, 08:47.

Comment

No idea if rooted or not, not done any tinkering within the software whiles its booted as waiting on a replacement remote for it but that aside I should still be able to get into recovery using the reset button? should I not be able to boot the thing.

When starting up it shows Amlogic s905 logo, then mbox logo regardless of whether or not the reset button is depressed prior to turning the thing on.

Comment

Yes, everything looks good so do try the toothpick in av plug. Probably you need to practice pressing in. I know when I first try it takes some practise to find it and hold it in. Good luck

Comment

PS-where is your cooler for amlogic S905 chip?

Comment

No cooler that is how it was when I opened the box up. Holding the button in does absolutely nothing, i've tested the pins of the switch/button and the contacts are making when pressing it in yet it does nothing when powering the thing up.

Comment

I have the same board, And the same problem. No revocery mode is working(after I installed openelec from the stock Android update app). Not booting from sd bootcard, not recognized by USB burning tool, reset button does nothing or even shorting pins 29 30. If anyone has any advice on this that would be great!

Comment

Me too! I have tried everything and have just seen tiff_lee's and now JKeijner replies. Appears to be a clone of a clone. Very irritating

Comment

Yeah unfortunately the reset button seems to do sod all although surely it can't be intentional as why would they of bothered putting the button there? perhaps some hardware modification would solve the problem?

Comment

Are you guys using USB 4 to power up unit when connecting with USB A male to USB A male and USB tools?

Comment

Yeah using usb 4 and usb tools, however no matter when you press the reset button usb 4 or using wall adaptor it makes no difference there appears to be no way to actually reset the unit or get into recovery mode. So if the unit ever actually required a hard reset it would actually be scrap.

Comment

Does USB tools detect it in the menu and are Windows drivers installed? Very unusual.

Comment

Drivers installed windows doesnt detect it so usb tools also see's nothing but driver issues aside you should still be able to rest the unit via the rest button regardless of being plugged into a pc or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X