OTT BOX a95x Bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT BOX a95x Bricked

I have a A95X with red light and blue on constant, I have tried to reset with sd card with image on it. Nothing no display or anything but the 2 lights? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you manage to unbrick your device. I've got an A95X R1 (S905W processor) that i managed to brick when i tried to load the wrong firmware. I thought i had a Nexbox device but i was wrong. My box just sits there with the red light on and no display activity. It looks like I've managed to trash the boot loader. I can access mine via the AmLogic USB burning tool to load firmware but i don't have access to the correct firmware for my device. I can also use a micro sd card as well. The unit responds to both methods of programming as I am able to monitor the internal serial port, so I know that there is still a possibility of reviving the unit.

I should say that my unit has a label on the base that says: OTT TV BOX, Model:R1, CPU:Amlogic S905W, RAM:2GB, ROM:16GB, 2A@5VDC.
    Last edited by MarkD; 12-02-2017, 17:04. Reason: Added box identification information

Comment

Just in case anybody else ends up in the same bricked box situation as the OP and myself - this might help you out.

My bricked box looks just like a Nexbox A95X R1 - externally the top of the box says A95X in white and R1 in a red box. On the underside the label says OTT TV BOX, Model:R1, CPU:Amlogic S905W, RAM:2GB, ROM:16GB, 2A@5VDC.

After trying out 14 different images, I eventually found the right one. It turns out that the box I have is not a Nexbox one even though it looks just like the Nexbox A95X R1 as shown on the Nexbox website.

The firmware that worked for me was found on the wechip website (http://www.wechipbox.com/) and is downloaded from their support page - look for wechip V8. The firmware that I downloaded was called "V8_S905W_A95XR1_9082c_20170929". This ties in with what I know about my box, it's got an S905W processor, the S9082C WiFi chip and is labelled A95XR1.

I used the AmLogic USB burning tool v2.0.5.15 and it programmed the image straight away without any errors on a W10 PC using a USB3 port and running the AmLogic tool with admin rights.

HDMI display works, WiFi worked without any errors and so far the remote works without any tweaking.

Hope this thread helps somebody else out.

Comment

Finally! I had already reached the conclusion that my box (the same as you from Amazon) was in fact a Weechip V8 in disguise!!! Anyone knows any custom, de-cluttered and visually more atractive roms (sortig out also some bugs maybe) for this box? Thank you!

Comment

Hello all. i am also having issues with this box. could you please tell me how you got it to connect to the burning tool. my box will turn blue light on from boot 1 time out of 10 tries just sits with red light. when i do get it to boot its just stuck on A95x boot logo any help would be appreciated i tried reset button many times but doesn't do anything. Is this box for the bin? lol

Comment

I have a A95X 1G 8G bricked trying to flash a new firmware by SD card. In recovery mode I made a shutdown and the device don't turn on, the Red and blue light remained on constant... I tried to flash a new firmware by USB tool, but it stop flashing at 2%...
            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Here si another photo of my
              bricked device
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Someone can help? Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys,

You need to connect to the device using PUTTY, SERIAL interface and Serial CABLE using MAX202/MAX232. There is 4 wire ttys0 port on the board which has the configuration (3.3v) (TX) (RX) (GND). Set putty to BAUD 115 000, 8 N 1, and wait for the unit to boot up.... You will see option to end the boot sequence by pressing CRTL +C. That will kick you out of the boot sequence. While still connected with putty and serial cable, you then need to open the AMLOGIC USB Burn tool and connect the USB cable to the USB PORT of the device. When ready, go back to the PUTTY window and type at the prompt UPDATE, You will immediately see the AMLOGIC Burn tool will detect your device and you can then flash "working firmware" .. After this it should boot.

Hope this helps !

Comment

Thanks kevkis will give it a try later.hopefull will work first Box I have ever had fully bricked on me

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	a95x.jpg
Views:	5511
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	724237
                      Here is an attached phot of my A95x

Comment

Wechip is not original, is it?

Which is original fw?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
                          Just in case anybody else ends up in the same bricked box situation as the OP and myself - this might help you out.

My bricked box looks just like a Nexbox A95X R1 - externally the top of the box says A95X in white and R1 in a red box. On the underside the label says OTT TV BOX, Model:R1, CPU:Amlogic S905W, RAM:2GB, ROM:16GB, 2A@5VDC.

After trying out 14 different images, I eventually found the right one. It turns out that the box I have is not a Nexbox one even though it looks just like the Nexbox A95X R1 as shown on the Nexbox website.

The firmware that worked for me was found on the wechip website (http://www.wechipbox.com/) and is downloaded from their support page - look for wechip V8. The firmware that I downloaded was called "V8_S905W_A95XR1_9082c_20170929". This ties in with what I know about my box, it's got an S905W processor, the S9082C WiFi chip and is labelled A95XR1.

I used the AmLogic USB burning tool v2.0.5.15 and it programmed the image straight away without any errors on a W10 PC using a USB3 port and running the AmLogic tool with admin rights.

HDMI display works, WiFi worked without any errors and so far the remote works without any tweaking.

Messing with build.prop ends with boot loop (Netflix show grey bar in bottom of screen). The box come with VUVA boot animation and nice visual launcher interface but slow as hell.

Your great find revive my box and I'm happy with overall performance

Thank you very much!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post

MarkD Unfortunately this firmware is not available anymore from the wechipbox website.

Could you please link it here? Thanks!!!

Comment

As you say, it looks like it has disappeared from the wechipbox website. I did a google search for the phrase "V8_S905W_A95XR1_9082c_20170929" and the top hit was for ChinaGadgetReviews with an article titled "Download Android 7.1.2 stock firmware for Wechip V8 TV Box". The article provides 3 links to ROMs: link1, link2 and link3. I have not tried any of these links to see if the file is genuine or not so follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X