Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXQ Pro 4K - Wifi won't turn on after opening case to upgrade heatsink - what did I break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro 4K - Wifi won't turn on after opening case to upgrade heatsink - what did I break?

Hi all,

So as the title states, I opened up my MXQ Pro 4k (Mifanstech) box to add a bigger heatsink, (and was successful - idle temp dropped from the mid 50's to the low 40's) however when I put the box back together and booted it up, I was unable to turn the wifi on from the settings. Ethernet still works and all of the other functionality of the box appears to be fine.

The issue I am experiencing is the same as the one in this video: https://youtu.be/JUEkhA1PiAs

Here is what I have tried so far:

1. Tried factory reset, but that didn't fix the wifi.

2. In the comments of the video above, it is suggested to try flashing new firmware (download link provided). I flashed v7.img as suggested by the video creator. No luck.

3. I also tried flashing the cOOLio firmware (available on this forum). Great ROM but still no wifi.

4. In all 3 ROMs that I used (original, v7 and cOOLio), I tried deleting the /etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and rebooting the box and still no luck.

5. I thought maybe I messed up the antenna from taking the case apart, so I checked continuity between where the antenna connects to the board, and where it connects to the side of the box, and it seemed to be fine (perhaps there's something else with this I can check?)

So at this point I'm out of ideas, and looking for any suggestions on what else I can try to troubleshoot.

My box is a Mifanstech MXQ Pro 4k P201 S905 blue board, with the Realtek 8189ETV wifi chip running the stock ROM again after trying the other ones above.

Kernel/build info:
    2015-11-01
    it01@ubuntu#2
    Sat May 7 19:48:29 CST 2016
    LMY47V.20160520 test-keys

Thanks in advance!

Ive got the same problem but it only happened after the device froze and does not load pass mbox screen so i had to restore factory settings and after that wifi is not turning on. Tear tear

Comment

Working...
    X