OTT MXQ PRO 4K (S905XQ_V1.0)

Have out Mqx pro 4K with:
    S905XQ_V1.0 08/11/16 Stamped on board
    Android 6
    Realtek 8188 Wi-Fi
    1gb Ram/ 8gig

firmware is dated 10/2016 iirc

Anyone seen a custom ROM for this?

was having Kodi lock-ups after stopping every video. Remedied this by going into the video settings and disabling the first of three video codes. can get the details if anyone experiences this.

just noticed this likely has a 905X chipset if so please move to the appropriate forum.
    Thanks All
    db

I'm working one one, i'm porting: XannyTech Custom Mod Rom

More info soon!

Comment

My last hope is on a working stock recovery, my stock recovery came up with a dead android, same results as you (0mb in all but SD card partitions)
      with twrp.

does your box load with a s905, not S905X splash screen.

got my USB cable I ordered. device still not even detected in Any mode not even for live file transfer.
      looks like luck with a working stock recovery and/or shorting out the NAND is my only option.

I really feel like this box has 905 fw with just enough patched up for basic functions to work all the rest USB transfer, recovery, boot from SD is quite broken.

at least it works decently as is and is rooted as well, so if I never get a working recovery or USB functionality ,I will throw it in the den as a Kodi only box , and buy a better one for use in my room.
      Last edited by deebee123; 02-05-2017, 03:15.

Comment

I am looking for a Stock or Custom ROM for the following

MXQ Pro
        S905XQ_v1.0 2016.8.11

Comment

did you guys got the firmware?

Comment

Working...
          X