No announcement yet.

[ROM] Nexbox A95X - S905 (1GB/8GB) - Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@pug_ster: to use play store again, go to settings->installed apps and uninstall updates of playstore! then you can open playstore and install your apps but don't exit playstore because it will update itself again and it will not work anymore! you have to repeat uninstalling updates to playstore in order to work again! at least this was the solution that i've found so far!

Comment

The Google Play issue also exists in the original stock rom 201608151721 so not unique to this custom build.

Comment

Hi Satanuke!
        What do you think, this rom can work on s905w chipset?
        This model: https://www.fasttech.com/p/8771100

Comment

Originally posted by satanuke View Post
          Hello, this is my first post on this forum but I have been around here for while reading up on the work of this great community.
          I registered to make my first contribution which I believe might help others.
          I had this Nexbox A95X box with S905 (non X, 1Gb / 8GB) laying around in a drawer because I was not very happy with the stock rom and overall performance and bought a Beelink GT1.
          This weekend I had some time to play around with the A95X and see if I could improve it and customize it to my needs and I am here to share the results.
          This rom is based on the official one.

Stuff removed :

- All the bloat apps like social networks, miracast, cloudtv apps, kodi manager.
          - The crappy fully loaded Kodi setup.
          - The default launcher (the one with the Ironman picture).
          - Basically kept only the GoogleApps and some AOSP packages.

Stuff added :

- My own TVLauncher which is very simple and very light, and gets the job done (feel free to install your prefered launcher).
          - The latest FTMC as a preinstalled app.

I am happy with the end result.
          It´s a light ROM with no crappy bundled apps and a brand new custom made launcher which was actually fun to create.

See attached screenshots for the look & feel of the launcher.

ROM Download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mrzd3...CLEAN-FTMC.zip

Extract the ZIP file and Install the the IMG with Amlogic USB Burning Tool just like the official roms.
          Before burning, remember to check if the temperature range setting is between 20 and 60.
          Hi,
          I have installed TWRP to manage backups and images. I'm trying to install te img file but there is a problem. IMG files must be packaged in a certain way to be installed,
          Have somebody tried to do the same?

Comment

Not work...

Comment

satanuk, great rom, anyway of adding navigation bar?

Comment

Originally posted by satanuke View Post
                Hello, this is my first post on this forum but I have been around here for while reading up on the work of this great community.
                I registered to make my first contribution which I believe might help others.
                I had this Nexbox A95X box with S905 (non X, 1Gb / 8GB) laying around in a drawer because I was not very happy with the stock rom and overall performance and bought a Beelink GT1.
                This weekend I had some time to play around with the A95X and see if I could improve it and customize it to my needs and I am here to share the results.
                This rom is based on the official one.

Stuff removed :

- All the bloat apps like social networks, miracast, cloudtv apps, kodi manager.
                - The crappy fully loaded Kodi setup.
                - The default launcher (the one with the Ironman picture).
                - Basically kept only the GoogleApps and some AOSP packages.

Stuff added :

- My own TVLauncher which is very simple and very light, and gets the job done (feel free to install your prefered launcher).
                - The latest FTMC as a preinstalled app.

I am happy with the end result.
                It´s a light ROM with no crappy bundled apps and a brand new custom made launcher which was actually fun to create.

See attached screenshots for the look & feel of the launcher.

ROM Download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mrzd3...CLEAN-FTMC.zip

Extract the ZIP file and Install the the IMG with Amlogic USB Burning Tool just like the official roms.
                Before burning, remember to check if the temperature range setting is between 20 and 60.
                Im happy using this rom. Very fantastic rom & usable. I want to know how to modify system.partition? Please tell me how do that... Thankyou satanuke

Comment

Hi is the play store problem fixed? Can i install this rom and download apps from it?

Comment

This one runs on S905x too, right?

Comment

Thanks for this rom, it helped me bring my old unit back to life. It's much smoother than the stock rom, and also better than the ATV rom that is available for this box. I don't think ATV should have been ported to this box, it just doesn't have the guts.

All that is required to fix Play store etc on this and the stock rom is to install the correct GAPPS, get them from https://downloadgapps.com/gapps/down...ollipop-gapps/ and install via TWRP or whatever recovery you are using. Also, once there are a few things installed on this rom with startup processes etc, it can slow a bit. I found that it helped to activate dev mode, and turn on don't keep activities and limit background processes to 3. As well as setting window animation scale, transition animation scale and animation duration scale all to 0.5. All will save until you change them again, apart from limit background processes, which resets every time you restart. To save this setting, download the attached processes.apk and move it to the priv-app folder in system, reboot, run the app, and set the limit, it will close, and the limit will be saved. If you find you are short on processes, just run the app again and change it to 4. Also, a web os type theme can be downloaded from here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnSg98RmC8dagjJI...Hba?e=LwTMob It can be used with system wallpapers or live wallpaper. Hope this helps anyone to improve their use of this box. The launcher has a hard link in it to VLC, but can be changed by decompiling and changing the package name. To change this, decompile, go in to smali/com/vst/launcher/rainbow and open FragHOme.smali in a text editor. Scroll to line 1483 and change "org.videolan.vlc" to whatever package name you like

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20191103-234111.png Views:	0 Size:	249.3 KB ID:	788854Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20191103-234132.png Views:	0 Size:	231.5 KB ID:	788855Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20191103-234338.png Views:	0 Size:	238.9 KB ID:	788856
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rapster2042; 11-10-2019, 19:38.

Comment

Although theres others ROMs for this box here on feaktab, this was the only one i could install using the usb burning tool method.

All others stopped the flashing process at 2%.

Is there any way to try a more updated ROM?

Best regards and thank you for your work.

Comment

Originally posted by azizlaite View Post
                          Although theres others ROMs for this box here on feaktab, this was the only one i could install using the usb burning tool method.

All others stopped the flashing process at 2%.

Is there any way to try a more updated ROM?

Best regards and thank you for your work.
                          Yes, I am also checking this in 2020. I just need this slow box to be a little less slow and it's enough for me. It would be great if there would still be some development on this.

Comment

Working...
                          X