This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Nexbox A95X - S905 (1GB/8GB) - Android TV

Here is my latest custom ROM for Nexbox A95X with S905 (the 1G / 8GB version).
    It is a nice Android TV rom based on MXQ PRO 4K by cOOLio which was based on the UGOOS AM2 rom.

Working
    • Remote control
    • Wifi
    • LAN

Problems (reported so far)
    • The system LED is not working properly. It does not turn on at boot and only lights up after waking up from sleep.
    • No support for Wireless Assistend (Fireasy / Firefly) from UGOOS settings
    • After configuring a google account, the system might become a little sluggish because it will start syncing stuff and updating system apps but should be stable after a while.
    • Do not expect the ROM to be super fast and fluid because lets face it, you have a cheap chinese box with 1Gb of RAM running Android TV. (altough it still works better than the stock rom).

Included apps

- Google Play Store
    - Aptoide TV
    - FTMC
    - Total Commander

ROM Download

You can download the rom from http://www.mediafire.com/file/9c5d4u...8GB-ATV-V1.zip

Instructions

Extract the ZIP file and Install the the IMG with Amlogic USB Burning Tool just like the official roms.
    Before burning, remember to check if the temperature range setting is between 20 and 60.

Credits

All credits should be given to cOOLio for his work on the MXQ PRO 4K rom and I suppose you should also thank the UGOOS team for the original ROM.

Check the MXQ PRO 4K by cOOLio for screenshots and more information about the ROM.
    Keep in mind that some of the preinstalled apps were removed because they can be installed from the stores.

Hello,
    Thanks for your job.
    My box like your firmware, me too

Comment

Can this ROM be used on the 2/8gb and 2/16gb variants of the S905 a95x model?

Comment

Thanks for this!

Comment

Tks alot ... very nice work .. is working very good

Comment

Z66X Z2 TV Box - ZX296716 Quad-core Android 2/16GB ROM 7.1 2.4G WiFi 100M RJ45

Can you make an port of android tv rom for Z66X Z2 ?? the stock firmware is very lagy i have download the rom from this post but no diference. And the interfance is ugly and give me errors. I would really like android tv on this box. The nexbox a95x is working perfect with your rom.

Comment

Tks for the rom. It works fine on my Nexbox MXQ pro S905 tv box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexbox-MxqPre-S905.jpg
Views:	2202
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	811552

I did have to replace the remote.conf file for my remote to work. I've attached my remote.conf file below in case anyone interested or needed it: (rename the file before you use it)

remote.conf.txt

For anyone into TWRP, this one here works with my box:

https://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/...r-nexbox-a95x/

I have to use the stock recovery method as the reset pin/power up method didn't work with this rom. And remember to reboot the box back into recovery again after installing to see it in action.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, do you know where is a guide for remote.conf.text replacement?
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
                  Hi, do you know where is a guide for remote.conf.text replacement?
                  thanks
                  Ya sure, here's one:

https://mxqproject.com/tutorial-andr...-installation/

Play the video and follow the steps. The same video is also on youtube if you search for it.

If you're using the rom in this thread, you can use the file explorer that came with it the "total commander" instead. This rom is already rooted, so you can just simply navigate to /etc and delete remote.conf, and then go to your sdcard or usb stick and copy and paste my remote.conf file back to the same folder.

note: you have to rename my file from remote.conf.txt back to remote.conf before replacing it.

Once you have done the file replacement, you have to power off the device totally (off at power point) and reboot it for the new remote.conf to take effect.

Comment

Working...
                  X