Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMLOGIC S905X - Inphic SPOT i7 PRO - A product development story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inphic
    replied
    Amlogic is going to release the official SDK for S905X after some few days.

The current SDK is just for testing, so, we (and the other brands) keep waiting for Amlogic now.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    For those users from SPAIN, Yomvi is running on the SPOT i7 PRO.

Para usuarios españoles. YOMVI ya funciona en el Inphic SPOT i7 PRO (Amlogic S905X). La conexión desde China es muy lenta, así que el contenido no carga rápido desde aquí

Leave a comment:

• Inphic
    replied
    Originally posted by xVirus View Post

Hi! I understand, what this is an testing sample... but where i can buy it? It's seems like incredible!
    Amlogic S905X has been produced in a limited quantity (as always). First SoCs are for engineering, so we just made 5 units for now. Usually Amlogic produces another limited quantity after these first samples are ready (maybe limited to 200pcs) and we should use 100 for testing. After that, a real S905X massive production will be produced by Amlogic and these products can be ready for sale.

Usually some companies will open a pre-order and ship products from the second stage (limited to 200pcs) what is not recommended to buy because they can have problems.

If we open a pre-sale we must to ship products when the real massive production (last stage) is running. It depends on Amlogic's road map, so we must wait a little.

Leave a comment:

• xVirus
    replied
    Originally posted by Inphic View Post

Hi, do not worry, first of all we always produce 100pcs of the final motherboard and run a test with all them working for at least 2 days. We have time to think about these things. Also we can add the connector for you if needed.

Hi! I understand, what this is an testing sample... but where i can buy it? It's seems like incredible!

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Well, first boot...

Hi.
    In the video, on the PCB there is no radiator. What is the temperature of the chip work ?

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Excellent, looking good indeed.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Well, first boot...

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    2GB is becoming more necessary these days. Boxes with 2GB perform with greater alacrity. Several entry level boxes are coming with 2GB these days.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    As mentioned by the previous 2 post
    A 2GB version is a must for proper fluid operations,

An excellent idea/option to follow up on that I feel you could consider on behalf of all users.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• kevin1341
    replied
    Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
    I highly recommend to use a variant with 2 GB RAM. Some increase in prices is completely offset by the increase in demand. This will allow efficient use of miniPC i7 as for gaming, office applications etc.. Or release two versions with 1GB and with 2GB.
    I'm ready to buy the version with UART connector and 2 GB of memory.

p/s/ It is possible to produce a test batch of 5-10 pieces with UART and 2 GB. 1 thing I am ready to pay in advance.
    I agree with balbes150 also.
    Would also pay in advance for this unit.
    Been very happy with i7 with extra cooling on cpu (fan).
    Cheers
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Inphic
    replied
    I highly recommend to use a variant with 2 GB RAM. Some increase in prices is completely offset by the increase in demand. This will allow efficient use of miniPC i7 as for gaming, office applications etc.. Or release two versions with 1GB and with 2GB.

p/s/ It is possible to produce a test batch of 5-10 pieces with UART and 2 GB. 1 thing I am ready to pay in advance.
    Hi, do not worry, first of all we always produce 100pcs of the final motherboard and run a test with all them working for at least 2 days. We have time to think about these things. Also we can add the connector for you if needed.

Leave a comment:

• balbes150
    replied

Hi, that connector should be there just on test boards. These connectors are not populated and really few few people is going to use this port.

This sample features 2GB RAM, we must to test this. The board is ready for 2GB, but the plan will be decided later.

Leave a comment:

• Inphic
    replied
    White connector on the right side with 4 pins is the UART ? He will only test boards or the serial will be on all the samples ?
    Judging by the pictures of the reverse side of the Board, the memory will be 2 GB ?
    Hi, that connector should be there just on test boards. These connectors are not populated and really few few people is going to use this port.

This sample features 2GB RAM, we must to test this. The board is ready for 2GB, but the plan will be decided later.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    RGB LED lights may allow us to display APP notifications (as a mobile phone), even when our TV is off.
    Could these leds be used to indicate SD/USB card access, something different ?
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    The test board has some neat lighting and network bullet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X