Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMLOGIC S905X - Inphic SPOT i7 PRO - A product development story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    What about a non soldered antenna? Easier to change later if wifi is weak.

Also is it possible to have a 3.5 mm or built in speaker and only push notifications out this speaker and ability to turn on and off. I would be nice to have Skype running all the time and not have to have the tv on to receive a Skype call. hangouts etc. No having to call and say get on Skype ahead of time. Just turn the TV on when you get a call and answer.
    SPOT i7 PRO has RGB LED lights. It is been designed to push "color notifications" as a mobile phone
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      What about a non soldered antenna? Easier to change later if wifi is weak..
      It would good to see the IPX connector on the PCB as mentioned easy to add an external wifi antenna if required.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	569564

Does/Will the 905x support both 2.4 and 5g
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Maybe a software option when it senses the TV is off only push audio to 3.5mm or with hardware to internal speaker when TV is off. That should be relatively easy. I am playing with a box now that sends a toast message everytime I turn TV on that HDMI is connected
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

It would good to see the IPX connector on the PCB as mentioned easy to add an external wifi antenna if required.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n569564[/ATTACH]
          +1

Comment

Also lets hope for at least a 2/8 GB unit give room to move, I know this can be a price point for sales to keep it cheap, but as I say give it room to move would be great.
            Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

After some testing on a s905. I believe the fan is a really good idea. I am testing the s905 stick and with just a small heat sink it reaches 75 deg Celsius very easily. After turning on fan temp drops really fast and runs about 35-40 always on.

Also I am starting to think 2gb mem is a must. If too many apps r running it gets slugish. Have to manually kill them.
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

We have tested with some fan and it sounds like a helicopter...

Comment

You could try testing a 12vdc fan @5vdc, still gives a decent breeze but much quieter.

Comment

Well, we could control the speed by the GPIO port accord to internal temperature, but I am not sure if most of people would accept that noise... we should also test several heatsink configurations.

...and wait for the first samples of S905X motherboard

Comment

Gpio is the way to go. Or maybe a resistor to slow it down?

Comment

GPIO allow us to control the speed, it can be adjusted from system side.

Well, finally the connector will be there, so you can play doing some modding

Comment

This is one of the first PCB sample for Amlogic S905X:

Today we are begining with the SMD assembling process. Hope our first testing motherboards will be ready soon.

Comment

Great to see, we look forward to seeing the full story, when completed
                            Cheers
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Where do I order?
                              Cheers
                              Kevin

Comment

if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
                                then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
                                $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Working...
                                X