Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMLOGIC S905X - Inphic SPOT i7 PRO - A product development story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMLOGIC S905X - Inphic SPOT i7 PRO - A product development story...

Hi, here at INPHIC we are begining to develop our SPOT i7 PRO. For this model we are going to use the new SoC AMLOGIC S905X.

We would like to share with all you how we are going. So I will try my best to update this topic with more information about our development process

We have received the documentation from AMLOGIC. An important part are the reference schematics. This can help our hardware engineers to design the SPOT i7 PRO motherboard:

So, now, we are designing our PCB. It will be probably finished within this weekend.

Comment

We are going to use our current SPOT i7 case, so, this time, we do not need to design a new cover. 4 colors, rubber finish... they are beautiful!

Our new office is also beautiful . Nice place to work.

Comment

Our design department is always busy, this time we just need a gift box, manuals... and a lot of graphic design. As we do not need to open a new mould, our product will be available before.

Here our design team:

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post
          We have received the documentation from AMLOGIC. An important part are the reference schematics. This can help our hardware engineers to design the SPOT i7 PRO motherboard:

So, now, we are designing our PCB. It will be probably finished within this weekend.
          Hello. Suggestion for improvement are taken ?

Comment

May be you add dvb-s2 tuner on your pcb

Comment

We have received the first S905X SoCs from Amlogic

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                Hello. Suggestion for improvement are taken ?
                You can suggest if you wish. Just remember we are going to use SPOT i7 casing and this S905X should not be too expensive (S912 is coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by taki View Post
                  May be you add dvb-s2 tuner on your pcb
                  We have been talking today about tuners for S912, there is not room inside of our i7 casing (905 currently) to add more connectors. We have a limitation at this point.
                  Last edited by Inphic; 04-22-2016, 07:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post

You can suggest if you wish. Just remember we are going to use SPOT i7 casing and this S905X should not be too expensive (S912 is coming soon)
                    To improve the capability of i7, it is advisable to add on the PCB connector for the cooling fan. Add a GPIO port to control the power to this fan connector. Add to the upper hull vents. It is useful for the 912 chip. You can conduct a survey of users on this site. Which of the three versions of i7 PRO they want to buy. 1. The current case with no ventilation holes, no fan, no extra connector on the PCB for the fan. 2. With the added ventilation holes in the top cap. No connector and no fan. 3. With ventilation holes in the top cap and cooling fan. p.s. Metal platinum can be removed from the body by increasing the size of the radiator.

Comment

Good Points, Ventilation and some cooling is always Important.

Fan is good
                      Good heatsink long fins and thermal paste with good ventilation.
                      Air circulation, Heat rises even small vents around Green fill in ring would help, a place for the heat to get out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shake.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	568385
                      Holes in top would look like oversized saltshaker

Cheers

treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

There is a problem with this kind of design. Dust and liquids. We all know liquids are dangerous, but dust can really damage electronics. A fan regulated by the system accord to the internal temperature sensor can be great. Let's test some options.

Comment

Quote (A fan regulated by the system accord to the internal temperature sensor can be great. Let's test some options.)
                          This is what I am going to do with my i7. I have a little 20mm fan glued to the top of the heat sink and the unit works great.
                          Two days ago I disconnect the fan and I had problems with Kodi playing HD movies so it is connected again and runs 24/7.
                          Cheers
                          Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kevin1341 View Post
                            Quote (A fan regulated by the system accord to the internal temperature sensor can be great. Let's test some options.)
                            This is what I am going to do with my i7. I have a little 20mm fan glued to the top of the heat sink and the unit works great.
                            Two days ago I disconnect the fan and I had problems with Kodi playing HD movies so it is connected again and runs 24/7.
                            Cheers
                            Kevin
                            Have you measured temperature with and without your fan?

Comment

Hi Inphic,Here are my posts about fan.
                              Posts 106-108 http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-i7-s905/page8
                              Cheers
                              Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X