Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMLOGIC S905X - Inphic SPOT i7 PRO - A product development story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of the first developer samples of S905X in the world. There are few units. Inphic got some of them this week.
    Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Good to see.
      Looking forward to new unit.

Comment

Yep looking good, and so it begins again
        Cheers

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I Hope trebor with forum input we will have a great unit

Comment

AMLOGIC S905X SDK has not been released yet, step by step. Now it is time to develop the board.
            Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post
              There is a problem with this kind of design. Dust and liquids. We all know liquids are dangerous, but dust can really damage electronics. A fan regulated by the system accord to the internal temperature sensor can be great. Let's test some options.

I think the dust and water no can to prevent good ventilation. You plan to use the i7 on the street ? On TVs, monitors, satellite tuners - lots of air holes. This does not prevent them to work fine. By way, the more serious the level of the manufacturer, the better their ventilation system. For example look at the dreambox, Skyline and other satellite receivers. Given the fact that the 912 chip heat dissipation will be much higher, the cooling system will be a very important element for very stable operation.

For the fan does NOT NEED any additional temperature sensor. Enough available CPU. Just add a simple script that will check after 2-3 seconds the CPU temperature and send to the GPIO port signal to turn on or turn off the fan. If the temperature rises above 60 degrees, the fan is switched on if below 55 the fan is switched off. I made this simple script to NAS and everything works fine. At low load the fan is not working. When the load increases, the fan turns on. Not additional costs it no requires. It is enough to add such a script in the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

I think the dust and water no can to prevent good ventilation. You plan to use the i7 on the street ? On TVs, monitors, satellite tuners - lots of air holes. This does not prevent them to work fine. By way, the more serious the level of the manufacturer, the better their ventilation system. For example look at the dreambox, Skyline and other satellite receivers. Given the fact that the 912 chip heat dissipation will be much higher, the cooling system will be a very important element for very stable operation.

For the fan does NOT NEED any additional temperature sensor. Enough available CPU. Just add a simple script that will check after 2-3 seconds the CPU temperature and send to the GPIO port signal to turn on or turn off the fan. If the temperature rises above 60 degrees, the fan is switched on if below 55 the fan is switched off. I made this simple script to NAS and everything works fine. At low load the fan is not working. When the load increases, the fan turns on. Not additional costs it no requires. It is enough to add such a script in the firmware.
                Yes, that is what I meant when I said "A fan regulated by the system accord to the internal temperature sensor can be great."

Comment

I think it must be easy to add ts1 and ts2 pin out tuner socket. May be wait s912 cpu for c+

Comment

Nice, looking forward to these chips and also those new Realtek ones coming out!

Comment

Originally posted by taki View Post
                      I think it must be easy to add ts1 and ts2 pin out tuner socket. May be wait s912 cpu for c+
                      S912 supports TS input interface, let's wait

Comment

Working on our PCB with Amlogic S905X

There is a connector for a FAN on that place. We are going to do some testings and finally chose if a fan is is a good option for us.

Comment

Good heatsink/paste, and circulation fan not really required.
                          A good option if end user wants to fit.
                          Cheers
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

What about a non soldered antenna? Easier to change later if wifi is weak.

Also is it possible to have a 3.5 mm or built in speaker and only push notifications out this speaker and ability to turn on and off. I would be nice to have Skype running all the time and not have to have the tv on to receive a Skype call. hangouts etc. No having to call and say get on Skype ahead of time. Just turn the TV on when you get a call and answer.
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post
                              Working on our PCB with Amlogic S905X

There is a connector for a FAN on that place. We are going to do some testings and finally chose if a fan is is a good option for us.
                              Good news.

Comment

I wait inhipic s912 device

Comment

Working...
                                X