Minix Neo U1 in the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo U1 in the house!

I got my Neo U1 today. Tearing into it now.
    Spent most the day trying to root it but no luck yet. I will getter done though! I hope!

Lillipop is a bitch to root let me tell you.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Welcome back Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

you back? dude?
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

This new generation of ARM android devices have been needing the finless touch. Welcome back!

Comment

Finless Its a ghost! Welcome back buddy, hope all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              I got my Neo U1 today. Tearing into it now.
              Spent most the day trying to root it but no luck yet. I will getter done though! I hope!

Lillipop is a bitch to root let me tell you.

Bob
              I rooted mine, i wrote a bat based on the one i did for z64, can you (or someone else brave enough) try it?

First of all , download and unzip this file on your windows computer:
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

After that install Wifi adb on your Minix U1 ->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...txapps.wifiadb

Go to Setup->Developer Options and turn on usb debugging

Open wifi adb and write down the ip address.

Now, on your computer, double click on root_u1.bat

The script will ask you to write the ip address you wrote down before

Just follow the script instructions and at the end the device should reboot, if not, do it manually.

After reboot you should be rooted.

If you confirm this works, i will make a post

PS: i've dumped original system,boot and recovery partitions just in case

Last edited by daemonium; 12-14-2015, 19:44.
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Nice work daemonium
                And welcome back bob

Comment

Hi guys,

Iv just tested daemonium's Root method & I can confirm it works on the Tronsmart vega s905 Im now ROOTED Thanks daemonium Great work iv been trying all sorts to get it rooted thanks again.

& yes Welcome back Bob Great to see you Back
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post

I rooted mine, i wrote a bat based on the one i did for z64, can you (or someone else brave enough) try it?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

After that install Wifi adb on your Minix U1 ->https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...txapps.wifiadb

Just follow the script instructions and at the end the device should reboot, if not, do it manually.

Perfect! NEO U1 stock firmware (FW 003, 20151210) root smoothly. Running and clean straw.
                    A pleasure thanks greetings

Comment

Thanks guys for testing, i will start a new thread with the root method
                      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

welcome back finless, and thanks daemonium

Comment

Thanks, daemonium. It worked on my U1. I'm sending beer money your way this week.

This will be my first root and I'm hoping someone can elaborate on something for me. What I will need to do when a new firmware is released as the OTA is reported broken? I assume I will need to factory restore using the new FW tool and then re-root? Is there anything in a firmware update that could break something resulting in this root script bricking my device or will I be safe to reset and re-root using this script as firmware updates become available? Thanks!

Comment

Seems daemonium and I worked on being the first to root

I just posted my EZ root ZIP so now you have two ways to do it!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post

I have followed these instructions and get an error "adb.exe" not found, what am I doing wrong? Do I need to install any driver for windows? I'm using windows 8.1

Comment

Working...
                              X