Modified U1 FW10 need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified U1 FW10 need help

With Amlogic Customization Tool I unpacked U1_FW010_20161012.img to make some changes:
    - remove some preinstalled apps I don't need
    - add some of my own apps
    - add touch support
    - rotate screen to portrait mode

The touch support was added by placing hid-multitouch.ko in the /system/lib dir and adding insmod /system/lib/hid-multitouch.ko to init.rc. Works like a charm.

Rotation is a lot harder to accomplish. Ideally I would like to be able to change the device orientation from within an app. For now the only way I found to change it, is by modifying Build.prop. I removed persist.sys.app.rotation=force_land and added the line ro.sf.hwrotation=270.

What happens is that the rotation works, however the touch events are still registering as if the device is in landscape (normal) orientation. So for example when a keyboard appears on the bottom of the portrait screen, you actually have to touch the left side of the screen where the (invisible) keys are...

Any ideas how to solve this?

Finally got it to work.

In build.prop I changed the persist.sys.app.rotation=force_land to persist.sys.app.rotation=force_port
    I no longer include the line ro.sf.hwrotation=270

Then in Shell:
    su
    settings --user 0 put system accelerometer_rotation 0
    settings --user 0 put system user_rotation 1

As usual the final solutions seems so simple after you get it to work. But the many combinations of options make it complex

Comment

Working...
    X