Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial TWRP 3.0.2-0 Minix Neo U1

Code:
    What’s new in 3.0.0-0:[LIST][*]Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)[*]True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)[*]Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)[*]Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)[*]Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow[*]Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)[*]SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed[*]Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)[*]Update AOSP base to 6.0[*]A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks[/LIST]What’s new in 3.0.1-0:[LIST][*]support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)[*]fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)[*]libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)[*]fixes for loading custom themes (_that)[*]TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)[*]translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch[*]progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)[*]fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)[*]reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)[*]other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements[/LIST]What’s new in 3.0.2-0:[LIST][*]Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.[*]Add Greek translation to some builds.[/LIST]
    Hello guys,

Here you will find the latest TeamWin Recovery Project for the Minix Neo U1. This is version 3.0.2-0 based on official source, the only adjustment i made was to make it backup the internalSD with Data, the only folders that it will skip are the TWRP and the Downloads.

I have built 2 images, one to use from External SDcard and other to use from nand.

From External SDcard
    • Download the image, reaname it to 'recovery.img' and place it on the root of your FAT formatted external SDcard
    • Power OFF the Neo U1 and power it ON while pressing the power button, keep it pressed for around 6 seconds
    • Welcome to TWRP
    --> DOWNLOAD

From internal memory​
    • Follow the above procedure, but also place this image on the External SDcard
    • On TWRP screen select install, click on botton right button (images), select storage and the previously downloaded image.
    • Flash to recovery
    • Enjoy TWRP
    --> DOWNLOAD
    if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
    then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
    $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Does this work with other S905 Devices too ?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
      Does this work with other S905 Devices too ?
      I just did a quick test of the external SDcard version on my KIII S905 2GB 16GB TV Box: It did boot into the TWRP. I haven't tried flashing it but it sees the img files on the external SDcard. I was able to do a complete nandroid backup onto the external SDcard but haven't tried the restore. All I can say is, it is really looking great!

abdul_pt. Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! You're a wizard and you rock! I just posted a request to you on your other TWRP thread before I saw this! I hope you will be able to release it soon...

Comment

@abdult_pt

Thanks for the recovery.

Could you please explain if the installation of the recovery with the installation provided is temporary or will you flash the recovery replacing stock recovery?

If the procedure will flash permanently the recovery could you please provide the instruction to make before a backup of stock recovery?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Krakatau View Post

I just did a quick test of the external SDcard version on my KIII S905 2GB 16GB TV Box: It did boot into the TWRP. I haven't tried flashing it but it sees the img files on the external SDcard. I was able to do a complete nandroid backup onto the external SDcard but haven't tried the restore. All I can say is, it is really looking great!

abdul_pt. Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! You're a wizard and you rock! I just posted a request to you on your other TWRP thread before I saw this! I hope you will be able to release it soon...

Hello. I know I am a bit late to the game on this. I have a Tronsmart S95 Vega Telos. I have been using another, version 2.8.? TWRP (i forget where I got it - may have been another by abdul_pt) with it and have had ok luck. One place where it has NOT been working properly is with external SD or USB drives > 16GB. With cards/sticks > 16GB, these are often not even "seen" or mounted. Sometimes they do get mounted but reading/writing backups with them often crash or, if they do complete, create corrupted files and sometimes even the entire storage partition. So I am wondering if you have had the opportunity to try any of this using larger cards/sticks? I do not know enough about the internals of all this to know if the problem may be related somehow to the rest of the installed firmware or if TWRP is basically stand-alone. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X