Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amlogic S905 MXQ Pro Android 5.1 Lollipop TV Box Quad Core 2.0GHz

Amlogic S905 MXQ Pro Android 5.1 Lollipop TV Box Quad Core 2.0GHz
    Something New that may be of Interest and Just about ready to hit the scene at the end Of November.

• Operating System Android 5.1 Lollipop
    • CPU S905 Cortex A53 Processor 2.0GHz
    • GPU Penta-Core ARM Mali-450
    • RAM 8GB NAND FLASH
    • ROM 1GB DDR3
    • Wifi Connectivity IEEE 802.11b/g/n,
    • Ethernet 10/100M
    • Language English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
    • Bluetooth 4.0
    • Video Supported
    • HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265,4K-HD, HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6 ,RealVideo8/9/10
    • Avi/Rm/Rmvb/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
    • 4K@60 Hz video decoding 10-bit HEVC and AVS+ codec support; H.264 up to 4K 30 Hz
    • 3D Hardward 3D graphics acceleration
    • Audio Supported MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
    • Picture Supported HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    • HDMI Port Standard HDMI 2.0
    • Power Power Supply 5VDC/2A
    • TV box, IR remote control, HDMI cable, power adapter, user manual
    And the Goodies in the Box

Information from Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 10-16-2015, 11:10.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Ah, you beat me to it. Should be interesting to see what these next gen amlogic socs bring to the table

Comment

Talk about around net on the Amlogic new S905 looks Interesting,
      Been awhile since I have Amlogic , old M8 is kicking around someplace

Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Looks good with plenty of ventilation and like how the feet have been incorporated to raise it.

Comment

Was thinking the same and a few slots to let the heat out.

Found in an old post on freaktab

"the S905 will be power efficient and WILL NOT need a heatsink"
          That was back in March this year, have to wait till its in our hands I guess
          Cheers

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I'm waiting s912 devices

Comment

Is this the one enybox are making or is this a diffrent manufacturer ?

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                Was thinking the same and a few slots to let the heat out.

Found in an old post on freaktab

"the S905 will be power efficient and WILL NOT need a heatsink"
                That was back in March this year, have to wait till its in our hands I guess
                Cheers

I doubt it but well have to wait and see. Its always interesting to me how chips get smaller and smaller in terms of the manufacturing process and power consumption yet they still seem to run on the higher side of things in terms of temperatures.

Comment

No optical?

Comment

May have seen before, another s905 device on YT

Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post

I doubt it but well have to wait and see. Its always interesting to me how chips get smaller and smaller in terms of the manufacturing process and power consumption yet they still seem to run on the higher side of things in terms of temperatures.
                      Amlogic is STILL using the old 28nm process to manufacture the new SOC. Proper ventilation and heatsink is a must for heavy loads over time with high ambient temperatures to maintain full speed.

Comment

Ditto Haba, I'm seeing a lot of M8's shut down with what appears to be overheating and other heat related problems(constant rebooting, freeze up at any time, software/updating issues)!

Question, if the same 28nm process is used on this MXq Pro, AND it has a faster CPU, albeit a lower energy consumption, will this overheating be a problem ?

Also not to thread hijack but is there a "M8/M8S complain/problem thread here? I have been instrumental in the recommendation/installation of 30+ M8's and 7-8 months into them a lot of them showing serious problems of ALL kinds! From what looks like piss poor manufacturing, to serious overheating, to incompatible software with the on board firmware?

Again, as this is my first post, if I'm thread hijacking ...... but I'm having some serious doubts about this "M" (M8, Mx, MIII, Mq, M8S) line of Android TV boxes.

Thanks all

Comment

why only 1gb Rom?

Comment

@ pclaptop - s905 if intended for the lower end budget android box that will replace the s805 equivalent, it is more directed to china users

you can view the bare boards and some tests I conducted from some samples i received approx 2 weeks ago over here of the MXQ Pro unttutu and geekbench etc

Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I heard that enybox will bulk produce soon,and this is one store I found cooperate with them.The price is good,but it is better if they change RAM to 2GB

Comment

Working...
                              X