Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 PLUS Amlogic S905 4K KODI TV Box Android 5.1 1G/8G 2.4G WIFI LAN HDMI2.0 3D DLNA AirPlay Miracast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pelloplasma
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Hi.
    Testing on the same TV, same cable etc, one goes weird other behaves ?

Not on the same TV. Two different TVs. One is Sony TV (problematic box) and the other one Philips TV (non-problematic box). In the next couple of days I will test both boxes on the same tv though.

The HDMI cable was changed twice to make sure that wasn't causing the issue (the one from the box and then a high quality one) but it wasn't a cable problem.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Hi.
    Testing on the same TV, same cable etc, one goes weird other behaves ?

Leave a comment:

• pelloplasma
    replied
    Hey guys,

I have an issue and i'm not sure if it's hardware or software related. I bought two of these specific tv boxes for my dad and sister. One of them has an issue that while watching stuff on Kodi (i'm not sure if it happens when doing anything else) where the colors go negative or in a yellow tone. After a couple of minutes it turns back to normal.

I updated the software according to the directions on this website http://androidtvbox.eu/the-new-firmw...11-23-release/ hoping it will solve the problem. Unfortunetely, the problem is still there.

Is there anything else that I can do to solve this? Ii bought it from GeekBuying and I contacted them today to see what it can happen. But since it's a very time consuming process to send it back etc, I'm hoping that you guys will have any type of suggestions so I can solve this.

Any kind of information that you require let me know and I'll try my best to provide it.

PS. The boxes were bought to be used only for Kodi since it's used for live streaming tv or watch movies without downloading anything.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    A test with Vellamo

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Bit of a look at the K1 Plus
    Ok unit, for a basic usage device, stalls and carries on a bit when doing a few things, typical of the 1/8 GB unit
    As a streaming unit should do most
    Installed with Kodi 15.2 so issues with some playback Vidon may assist in that

Click image for larger version

Name:	21ne2xg.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	544996

Amlogic S905 processor heat sink attached
    SKHynix H27UCG8T2ETR NAND flash 8 GB storage,
    Nanya NT5CB256M16DP-EK DDR3 memory chip(1GB).
    GL852G USB 2.0 hub controller = 4 USB ports,
    RTL8189ETV 802.11 b/g/n WiFi

More to come

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Root of the K1 Plus Amlogic S905 is possible using the Minix Neo ezroot.zip by Finless
    Follow instructions mentioned and you will have root.

If not try the Minix root method

Boot from SD card,
    My unit would not boot from card, could see files many formats did not resolve problem

As it could not find the recovery to get signature for ezroot.zip it failed
    Finally I did boot from a SD card in USB card reader, I could then load from EXT from with in loader
    Messy but worked.
    Cheers

Last edited by trebor; 12-19-2015, 05:52. Reason: Updated

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have received my K1 plus and Netflix couldn't be installed (idem for others Google store apps : Box not compatible...)
    I have tried to upgrade my K1 plus with the two first Acemax add-on (20151112 & 20151123) but unsuccessful....
    I have found this link : http://androidtvbox.eu/the-new-firmw...11-23-release/ which is easier to do (TF Card upgrading : perhaps the same than the previous post of imaddiced2u) and which is successful => Now i have Google play Store Netflix App and others !

Leave a comment:

• imaddiced2u
    replied
    KI PLUS TF card upgrade firmware added to download center.

Leave a comment:

• imaddiced2u
    replied
    Software image as found on Acemax website:
    ACEMAX KI PLUS Amlogic S905 SW (20151123)
    Follow link through Download Center. KiPlus File is at bottom of page.

Last edited by imaddiced2u; 12-01-2015, 18:01. Reason: link won't post properly

Leave a comment:

• imaddiced2u
    replied
    I just read the CNXSoft review that stated a USB Bluetooth dongle will not work and the pic of the settings menu doesn't show a Bluetooth support icon. However, here is a video of the KI Plus from YouTube. I notice at 2:00 minutes into the video there is a Bluetooth icon displayed in settings. Before I read the CNXSoft review I ordered two based on the video because I assumed that while the box doesn't have a Bluetooth radio, it could support Bluetooth and I would be able to use my ipazzport KP-810-16BAR Bluetooth remotes with their USB Bluetooth dongles. I guess I'll have to wait until they arrive to find out if the video is based on a box with newer firmware than CNXSoft tested or if they pulled Bluetooth support in a later firmware rev.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    A good and indepth review of the KI plus from CNXSoft

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Thanks for the link. Be curious to see what the S905 does well.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    A good reveal of what's in the box from CNXSoft

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	537567
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    A Video showing KI S905

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• RISCy Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by ClemFandango View Post
    how is this an amlogic S905 ??. Everywhere this box appears online, it's billed as an S805 - Amlogic haven't even released and S905 boxes yet
    There are two versions of this box, an S805(available now) and an S905(forthcoming). One of the GBs shows both, the S905 model is in presale.
    About AMLogic releasing the S905, JustMe has received both versions of this box, so they must have released it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X