Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 PLUS Amlogic S905 4K KODI TV Box Android 5.1 1G/8G 2.4G WIFI LAN HDMI2.0 3D DLNA AirPlay Miracast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KI PLUS TF card upgrade firmware added to download center.
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

I have received my K1 plus and Netflix couldn't be installed (idem for others Google store apps : Box not compatible...)
      I have tried to upgrade my K1 plus with the two first Acemax add-on (20151112 & 20151123) but unsuccessful....
      I have found this link : http://androidtvbox.eu/the-new-firmw...11-23-release/ which is easier to do (TF Card upgrading : perhaps the same than the previous post of imaddiced2u) and which is successful => Now i have Google play Store Netflix App and others !

Comment

Root of the K1 Plus Amlogic S905 is possible using the Minix Neo ezroot.zip by Finless
        Follow instructions mentioned and you will have root.

If not try the Minix root method

Boot from SD card,
        My unit would not boot from card, could see files many formats did not resolve problem

As it could not find the recovery to get signature for ezroot.zip it failed
        Finally I did boot from a SD card in USB card reader, I could then load from EXT from with in loader
        Messy but worked.
        Cheers

Last edited by trebor; 12-19-2015, 05:52. Reason: Updated
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Bit of a look at the K1 Plus
          Ok unit, for a basic usage device, stalls and carries on a bit when doing a few things, typical of the 1/8 GB unit
          As a streaming unit should do most
          Installed with Kodi 15.2 so issues with some playback Vidon may assist in that

Click image for larger version

Name:	21ne2xg.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	544996

Amlogic S905 processor heat sink attached
          SKHynix H27UCG8T2ETR NAND flash 8 GB storage,
          Nanya NT5CB256M16DP-EK DDR3 memory chip(1GB).
          GL852G USB 2.0 hub controller = 4 USB ports,
          RTL8189ETV 802.11 b/g/n WiFi

More to come
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

A test with Vellamo
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hey guys,

I have an issue and i'm not sure if it's hardware or software related. I bought two of these specific tv boxes for my dad and sister. One of them has an issue that while watching stuff on Kodi (i'm not sure if it happens when doing anything else) where the colors go negative or in a yellow tone. After a couple of minutes it turns back to normal.

I updated the software according to the directions on this website http://androidtvbox.eu/the-new-firmw...11-23-release/ hoping it will solve the problem. Unfortunetely, the problem is still there.

Is there anything else that I can do to solve this? Ii bought it from GeekBuying and I contacted them today to see what it can happen. But since it's a very time consuming process to send it back etc, I'm hoping that you guys will have any type of suggestions so I can solve this.

Any kind of information that you require let me know and I'll try my best to provide it.

PS. The boxes were bought to be used only for Kodi since it's used for live streaming tv or watch movies without downloading anything.

Comment

Hi.
                Testing on the same TV, same cable etc, one goes weird other behaves ?

treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  Hi.
                  Testing on the same TV, same cable etc, one goes weird other behaves ?

Not on the same TV. Two different TVs. One is Sony TV (problematic box) and the other one Philips TV (non-problematic box). In the next couple of days I will test both boxes on the same tv though.

The HDMI cable was changed twice to make sure that wasn't causing the issue (the one from the box and then a high quality one) but it wasn't a cable problem.

Comment

See how you go.
                    Some TV's can just be fussy, also try different HDMI ports,
                    Cheers
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Also try the good box's power supply with the problematic one.
                      Providing it is not a hardware issue, maybe a reflash would resolve it.
                      Good luck.

Comment

An update from my previous post

I believe the problem is the Sony TV. I've tried both boxes on the same tv and it still have the same problem. I managed to update the tv's firmware (not particularly new tv. the latest update is from 2011) and the problem although it's still there, it seems be less requent than before.

Are there any instructions somewhere on how to reflash these boxes just to rule out any software issues as well?

Comment

I don't think they have released any thing new presently, I think you mentioned you have updated already
                          Try a lower resolution in K1.
                          Or new TV for you give family member yours, easy

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

just received the box, but I've some problems with the google store & kodi.
                            Most of the apps are not compatible and kodi is not even available in the store! The pre-installed kodi version doesn't have the iptv simple tv addon and I couldn't install it in any way. I've tried to download from kodi's website but the installatin fails

I've tried to update to the 23-11 firmware but doesn't seem to change much...

Comment

Try the update again then let it sit for a few minutes before you start doing things, as it is only a 1/8GB unit things can take a bit of time to set up after the first update.
                              Cheers
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                Try the update again then let it sit for a few minutes before you start doing things, as it is only a 1/8GB unit things can take a bit of time to set up after the first update.
                                Cheers
                                not sure....the addons list is quite limited compared to vanilla Kodi; I guess they installed a custom Kodi version for some reasons. What I don't understand is why Kodi doesn't appear in the play store and sideloading (downloading the apk from Kodi website) gives an error (whatever version I try)

Comment

Working...
                                X