Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on this box? MXQ Pro+

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Another youtube video on this box.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDTgllCdq4I
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post

      I take it you bought yours from Gearbest too? Have you contacted their "Customer Support"? If so were they any help? Mine are still in transit from them but I posted in the Gearbest section suggesting that they get with the manufacturer and release a properly working firmware. My previous dealings with Gearbest support were far from satisfactory and I was hoping a heads up would give them an opportunity to get prepared. I'm getting a feeling in my gut that I shouldn't have given Gearbest another chance.
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...573225-mxq-pro
      Yes i got mine from gearbest too and they are the ones that contacted the suplier of the MXCrap and then send me a link to the above firmware which was hosted on baidu and i couldn't download. The 4PDA Guys downloaded it and put it on that russian site which is like 1000 times faster than baidu. So thanks to them.

      Gearbest Support seems to try to solve the problem but instead of putting a stop to the sales till this is fixed they put out one flash sale after another selling >1000 of this crap boxes and then hoping that the bugs will get fixed by the box manufacturer....

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post

        Yes i got mine from gearbest too and they are the ones that contacted the suplier of the MXCrap and then send me a link to the above firmware which was hosted on baidu and i couldn't download. The 4PDA Guys downloaded it and put it on that russian site which is like 1000 times faster than baidu. So thanks to them.

        Gearbest Support seems to try to solve the problem but instead of putting a stop to the sales till this is fixed they put out one flash sale after another selling >1000 of this crap boxes and then hoping that the bugs will get fixed by the box manufacturer....
        Thanks for the reply. Did you manage to get the firmware loaded on the box that still works? If so, how and did it help? The manufacturer has a download section but nothing is posted, for any of the boxes they make. The company rep was emailing me when she thought I was going to buy some boxes but as soon as I sent the reviews, she no longer responds. Sadly Gearbest continues the Flash Sales.
        HK1 Pro Plus
        FlowFon F1
        H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
        MXQ Pro+
        R-TVBOX Mini+
        MK809III

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post

          Thanks for the reply. Did you manage to get the firmware loaded on the box that still works? If so, how and did it help? The manufacturer has a download section but nothing is posted, for any of the boxes they make. The company rep was emailing me when she thought I was going to buy some boxes but as soon as I sent the reviews, she no longer responds. Sadly Gearbest continues the Flash Sales.
          The Firmware they sent is the stock firmware that came with the box. So it fixes nothing.

          They answer pretty fast for me...especially after I opened a paypal dispute

          Still this box gives me nightmares like no other box and I'm in the game since RK3066 back in the day...

          Right now im trying to revive the damaged box...so far nothing worked...maybe some of the rom-guys could have a look and help me out with a bootable sd that works...cause mine don't (so far).

          Comment


            #20
            I tried to get a little less screwed by getting Gearbest to match the current sale price on the boxes I have coming and refund me the difference but of course they won't, here is the reply. "Thank you very much for contacting GearBest and for your feedback about price.
            Please note all our items come from China and prices vary often according to many factors such as currency exchange and suppliers.
            Sometimes prices will increase or decrease.These are market's facts.
            Please note that our 72 hours Price Protection Program does not apply to Flash Deal products.
            Thank you for your understanding.
            Best Regards
            Zilla
            Gearbest Customer Service
            http://www.gearbest.com"
            Also the warranty/exchange policy concerns me.
            "Discounted or end of line products can only be returned for repair. No refunds or replacements will be made."
            HK1 Pro Plus
            FlowFon F1
            H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
            MXQ Pro+
            R-TVBOX Mini+
            MK809III

            Comment


              #21
              Its time to open dispute too , the empty box without support !!!

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by wolfheart79 View Post
                Its time to open dispute too , the empty box without support !!!
                Then complain to the manufacturer of the box as their support is very lacking.
                http://www.enybox.com/En/
                http://www.enybox.com/En/news/html/?459.html

                They used to sell fake 2GB tv boxes with 1GB RAM inside in the past.
                Lots of their S805 boxes also have different wifi chips inside, so you can't even flash the same firmware without bricking them even if the boxes look identical.
                Some people learned the hard way when they bought several tv boxes for resell to customers.
                Low quality hardware to get to a cheap price.
                At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Yes its true at the end I talk with paypal for dispute .

                  Comment


                    #24
                    With this hardware, the MXQ Pro+ box has potential be good once a good firmware has been installed.
                    CPU = Amlogic S905 quad-core
                    GPU = Mali-450
                    RAM = 2 GB
                    16 GB eMMC flash memory = SAMSUNG KLMAG2GEAC-B002
                    WIFI + Bluetooth = AP6330
                    Ethernet Transceiver = RTL8211F
                    USB 2.0 hub controller = MA8601 (although USB 3.0 advertised)
                    24-bit audio DAC = ES7154

                    I feel sorry for the 1000s that purchased this box but don't know about Freaktab or even what firmware is, let alone what to do with it and trusted their supplier to sell them a good working product. The suppliers should have stopped selling the box when they were informed of the many firmware issues but instead they all lowered the price even further, to sell even more.
                    Careful with the ROMs you are flashing, this Freaktab user bricked his box. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...188#post572188
                    Suppliers should be equally careful when providing firmware, that it is for the correct box.
                    This, I believe, is the manufacturer complaints should be directed to. Before I ordered the boxes, I contacted the manufacturer rep to ensure there would be support via their website. Sadly there is no response now that there are problems and no firmware updates have been posted, yet at least. http://www.zysmarthw.com/en/new/new-41-66.html
                    HK1 Pro Plus
                    FlowFon F1
                    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                    MXQ Pro+
                    R-TVBOX Mini+
                    MK809III

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
                      With this hardware, the MXQ Pro+ box has potential be good once a good firmware has been installed.
                      CPU = Amlogic S905 quad-core
                      GPU = Mali-450
                      RAM = 2 GB
                      16 GB eMMC flash memory = SAMSUNG KLMAG2GEAC-B002
                      WIFI + Bluetooth = AP6330
                      Ethernet Transceiver = RTL8211F
                      USB 2.0 hub controller = MA8601 (although USB 3.0 advertised)
                      24-bit audio DAC = ES7154

                      I feel sorry for the 1000s that purchased this box but don't know about Freaktab or even what firmware is, let alone what to do with it and trusted their supplier to sell them a good working product. The suppliers should have stopped selling the box when they were informed of the many firmware issues but instead they all lowered the price even further, to sell even more.
                      Careful with the ROMs you are flashing, this Freaktab user bricked his box. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...188#post572188
                      Suppliers should be equally careful when providing firmware, that it is for the correct box.
                      This, I believe, is the manufacturer complaints should be directed to. Before I ordered the boxes, I contacted the manufacturer rep to ensure there would be support via their website. Sadly there is no response now that there are problems and no firmware updates have been posted, yet at least. http://www.zysmarthw.com/en/new/new-41-66.html
                      YOU HAVE RIGHT , ME TOO I HAVE WRITE TO manufacturer rep BUT WE HAVE TO BE BIG SELLER TO RESPONSE

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I had previously bricked my MXQ Pro + 4K S905 2GB/16GB with a bad flash. It would hang at the Bootscreen logo and the toothpick method had no response when attempting to boot into recovery mode while plugged into the TV.

                        I was finally able to recover the box! Here is a link to my recovery post;
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-16gb-recovery

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Great news. zippy611, thanks for your in depth instructions and you have also re-confirmed that the firmware posted by bloodgnome is indeed the stock version. Kind of pointless for Gearbest and the manufacturer to give customers the same ROM that is running in the box saying it would fix the problems, but at least they tried something. I just hope the suppliers don't give up and continue to push the box maker for a fixed firmware.
                          HK1 Pro Plus
                          FlowFon F1
                          H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                          MXQ Pro+
                          R-TVBOX Mini+
                          MK809III

                          Comment


                            #28
                            HK1 Pro Plus
                            FlowFon F1
                            H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
                            MXQ Pro+
                            R-TVBOX Mini+
                            MK809III

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Anyone know how to enable the bottom bar (Home, back and menu soft buttons...) without this lower bar so so very inconvenience! <= MXQ Pro + 2GB/16GB

                              From others MXQ Pro 1GB/8GB youtube, those firmware do have this bottom bar! why this Plus edition don't?!? so weird!!!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I hope there will be a new firmware for this box

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X