• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearbest posted a link to new firmware from manufacturer
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...oad#post575760
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

Comment

Does this new firmware have option to force RGB in (Settings-->More setting --> Display-->force RGB output)?
      Because this should fix pink screen problems with old philips tvs.

Comment

I got one of these boxes from GearBest - found to be absolute crap as well. (software wise). Managed to get Kodi working by removing what was installed and doing and installing the APK. Google Play store is useless as this device is not recognized so Device not compatible listed for pretty much every app. Could someone post a link to the isntructions on how to root this box or updated firmware if it has been found.
        NOTE: I did complain to GearBest support sent them screen shots and details of the issue with the box. The offered me full refund if I ship the box back to China or 50% refund on credit if I kept the box.

Comment

Oopps just saw the link from imaddiced2u. Going to try it now

Comment

I got the MXQ Pro+ 4K Android TV box updated ROM "aml_upgrade_package_0519.img" How do you install it? there aren't instructions in the rar file. Just the img file.

Comment

Go to amilogic 905 other devices and firmware in mxqpro plus are few posts now.
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

¡Página No Encontrada! 404 Lo sentimos, pero no podemos encontrar la página que estabas buscando. Mientras tanto, prueba una de estas opciones: Ir a la Página Anterior Ir al Inicio Usa nuestro buscador para encontrar el contenido

Comment

Originally posted by samson212 View Post
                  I got the MXQ Pro+ 4K Android TV box updated ROM "aml_upgrade_package_0519.img" How do you install it? there aren't instructions in the rar file. Just the img file.
                  Use my recovery method but with your updated firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by samson212 View Post
                    I got one of these boxes from GearBest - found to be absolute crap as well. (software wise). Managed to get Kodi working by removing what was installed and doing and installing the APK. Google Play store is useless as this device is not recognized so Device not compatible listed for pretty much every app. Could someone post a link to the isntructions on how to root this box or updated firmware if it has been found.
                    NOTE: I did complain to GearBest support sent them screen shots and details of the issue with the box. The offered me full refund if I ship the box back to China or 50% refund on credit if I kept the box.
                    I went through the box return with Gearbest. Cost me $25 to return it via Canada Post and then I waited almost 6 months for a credit. You might consider the credit...Someone will come out with a working rom in the meantime, maybe Openelec.
                    I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                    Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by mrvanity View Post

After i installed Kodi 16.1, i used this fix
                      http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-kodi-16-beta4

and kodi works very good.
                      (maybe you dont need openelec)

Also from Kodi forum iread that KOdi 15.1 works without any modification.Something changed after 15.2
                      (old version http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/andr...rmeabi-v7a.apk)
                      I put SPMC 16.3 on the box and haven't yet seen any stuttering video. Might be worthwhile for you to test SPMC instead of KODI. Koying is taking care of SPMC again.
                      Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-03-2016, 16:45.
                      I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                      Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by depi View Post
                        Just to inform you.

Good news for owners MXQ Pro + 2GB RAM 16GB ROM, WiFi 6330 module. Some Russian dudes on 4pda managed to compile firmware from Tronsmart Vega S95Meta.
                        Look at the bottom of the page.
                        http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=723156&st=1860 (and use google translate).

I havent tried it myself, probably will tomorrow.
                        Depi, good post. I'm reading through the Russian post and found 2 files, TWRP MXQ Pro Tronsmart and MXQ Pro S905 A* DDR2G Wifi 6330 Vega s95....

I'm guessing that the first is flashed via TWRP and the second via USB Burning tool? Can you confirm if this assumption is correct, and/or which method you used? I did Google translate for the post and several b4 and after. It wasn't clear to me, as the translate was really weird with some words that Google created that wouldn't translate. .

Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-03-2016, 21:38.
                        Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by mrvanity View Post
                          Hello guys.
                          I have also received this box.

So far i have
                          1.) Changed the cooler with one i got from an old graphics card. It runs without overheating.
                          2.) Rooted the box using fineless sdcard root method.
                          3.) Removed bloatware using system app remover.
                          4.) Replaced systemui.apk and added a line to build.prop to have lower and upper bars.
                          (systemui from here http://www.cnx-software.com/download/SystemUI.zip. Replaced it in this folder /system/priv-app/systemui/. Added qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to build.prop)
                          5.) Installed TWRP using the tronsmart s95 file.
                          6.) Unistalled and installed the latest version of kodi.

I have tried numerous modifications to build.prop in order to eliminate the "non compatible" error message when installing apps from Play store.
                          Unfortunately non of them worked.
                          Also market helper did not work.

I will continue looking for a solution.

P.S. When replacing systemui.apk and build.prop ALWAYS use adb to do it. When i used ES file explorer ( with root rights), i got a brick (because of the build.prop)
                          I got the box today and I did almost the same steps;

- Rooted per Finless's method and updated the SuperSU
                          - Installed TWRP of s95 file via Rashr.
                          - Replaced the SystemUI apk from your link. thanks.
                          - Installed Xposed of s95 file + GravityBox (so that I could also adjust the StatusBar and NavBar without editing the build.prop).
                          - Reinstalled the updated Kodi via Google Play Store as well as I could also update all preloaded apps.

Everything worked fine for me so far! .

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post

Depi, good post. I'm reading through the Russian post and found 2 files, TWRP MXQ Pro Tronsmart and MXQ Pro S905 A* DDR2G Wifi 6330 Vega s95....
                            First, I'm hoping the firmware isn't Russian Language.
                            I'm guessing that the first is flashed via TWRP and the second via USB Burning tool.
                            Do you know if this is correct and which did you flash?
                            And are you still happy with the firmware?
                            I didnt install latest firmware, because I am having problems with pink screen, which it doesnt solve.

But the first version is working excellent

Comment

May I ask what is the purpose of installing TWRP? I already rooted my box using Finless sd root method. What are the things I would be able to do if I have TWRP? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by depi View Post

I didnt install latest firmware, because I am having problems with pink screen, which it doesnt solve.

But the first version is working excellent
                                Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "latest" and "first" version.

These are the two files that JDownloader picked up when I checked the post by SD-Robots:
                                TWRP MXQ Pro Tronsmart (731.12 MiB)
                                MXQ Pro S905 A8 DDR2G WIFI6330 VegaS95 Meta p200 2G-201604...(1004.24 MiB)

Google translate did not translate well, so I'm at a bit of a loss as what the difference is - is the first used to flash with TWRP and the 2nd with USB Burning Tool?
                                Thanks for any help you can provide.
                                Ron White

Comment

Working...
                                X