● 2.4GHz / 5GHz dual-band WiFi 1000M Ethernet
    ● Bluetooth 4.0
    ● Supports H.265 video
    ● Supports 4K HD video
    ● HDMI 2.0
    ● 4*USB
    HK1 Pro Plus
    FlowFon F1
    H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
    MXQ Pro+
    R-TVBOX Mini+
    MK809III

I would also look at the Beelink MiniMXIII (2/16GB) which costs about $.30 more. The Beelink only has single band 2.4GHz WiFi but the firmware support in the future should be better. The Beelink advert also mentions eMMC flash which is sometimes replaced with NAND flash on the cheaper machines.

Comment

Thanks Lurker. I'm replacing my old MK809III's, which actually do everything I need but it feels like time for something new. I found some more spec on the MXQ Pro+. It has 16GB EMMC FLASH. I've contacted the supplier about firmware updates and if and how they are handled.

HK1 Pro Plus
      FlowFon F1
      MXQ Pro+
      R-TVBOX Mini+
      MK809III

Comment

Don't buy this crap box. I got 2 of them here...never had a tv box that was that bad...even the Zidoo X1 wasn't as crappy as this piece of crap:

- You can't install 90% of the apps from the playstore as you get "this version is not compatible with your device"
        - You can't sideload ANYTHING as Root Explorer and ES File Explorer give you a parsing error
        - There is no System or Navbar if you install a different launcher
        - There is no update (as of today 19.05.2016)
        - OTA doesn't work as the url for the OTA leads to a dissabled site
        - Gets very hot (ok...all of the S905 get very hot)

And here is a review that pretty much sums everything up i wrote:
        The review of the MXQ Pro Plus TV Box.Buy this at Gearbest.com: http://bit.ly/2acC2OV - Amazon US: http://amzn.to/24Hfhtu - ...

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

I have one MXQ Pro+ and...
          - Really, the hardware is pretty good for the price (USD40)
          - Really, the software is very poor
          - Play store problems can be solved using Market Helper (app) or a change in the build.prof file
          - You can rooted the tv box using the sd card method of any s905 box
          - The tv box is very young and probably need a new firmware to solve this software problems
          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by linedead View Post
            I have one MXQ Pro+ and...
            - Really, the hardware is pretty good for the price (USD40)
            - Really, the software is very poor
            - Play store problems can be solved using Market Helper (app) or a change in the build.prof file
            - You can rooted the tv box using the sd card method of any s905 box
            - The tv box is very young and probably need a new firmware to solve this software problems
            Cheers
            You tried Market Helper ? I did and it does nothing !

I know how to super-su and i even got xposed running on it. Still its a crap and they should be ashamed selling that box.

How can you throw something as unfinished as this in the market...its not like the s905 is brand new...its allready there a couple of months.

Guess what some of the other guys say is true: Stay away from ENY and this MXSomething Boxes.

Comment

The hardware seems to have potential, hopefully the manufacturer will fix up the firmware or the Freaktab ROM cooks will jump in and mix up a custom ROM. I still have 2 MK809III TV sticks running. I thought they were destined to become bricks until neomode created the firmware that changed that.
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post
                The hardware seems to have potential, hopefully the manufacturer will fix up the firmware or the Freaktab ROM cooks will jump in and mix up a custom ROM. I still have 2 MK809III TV sticks running. I thought they were destined to become bricks until neomode created the firmware that changed that.
                Yeah the hardware is not bad for the price but then again...what should someone do with it now ?

OTA doesn't work so even if there is a update how will the standard user update that thing ?

Sure there might be a mod or a official fw update with SD or Flash tool...but shipping out that box in that state...

Just think about it: A Android Box where over 90% of the Market doesn't work....a Android Box where trying to install anything via apk ends in a parsing error...

Comment

Usually I use Kodi without problem, and many others app installing manually vía apk and 4K video and streaming videos are very fluided (
                  The hardware is really good for the price
                  Try tu use Device Control application next to have root access and change in build.prof file the name and brand of the TV BOX for something knowledge like Samsung Galaxy S4 or similar .
                  Cheers

Comment

I agree, makes no sense to ship a partially developed product. The sellers must be, or will be, overrun with complaints. I wonder if they intend to enable the OTA website you mentioned to push updates. Can you send me the url for the OTA site? This appears to be the manufacturer website. http://www.zysmarthw.com/en/product/product-72-644.html
                    I hate to say it but I have 2 of this box in the mail. I ordered them only after I communicated with the contact person listed on the website and she told me they would be releasing firmware updates but so far there is nothing on downloads section their site.
                    I hope my boxes arrive with newer, better firmware but I'm not holding my breath.
                    HK1 Pro Plus
                    FlowFon F1
                    MXQ Pro+
                    R-TVBOX Mini+
                    MK809III

Comment

I just came across another review, I ran it through Google translate:
                      HK1 Pro Plus
                      FlowFon F1
                      MXQ Pro+
                      R-TVBOX Mini+
                      MK809III

Comment

I have installed Market-Helper on one of my devices and the only thing it has been able to do was to get permission to mess something with my gmail account.
                        The device info or CPU-Z reports the same info as before, and there is no change on Google store side.
                        I even give Market-Helper root permissions, and nothing. The google has probably changed something on his side, so Market-Helper is now a piece of nothing useful.

Comment

Got the Stock Firmware if some masochist's want to have a look at that crap:

One of the Boxes seems dead already. Powers on but no Signal on HDMI. Tried flashing the stock firmware with the sd card (hope the image is right) but nothing happens.

And since there is no OTG Port I don't know how to do a flash via the Burning Tool. I tried USB 1-4 with a USB A to A cable but nothing shows up on my pc...Argh don't waste you money on this junk guys even if Gearbest has them in Flash Sale (AGAIN !).

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                            Got the Stock Firmware if some masochist's want to have a look at that crap:

One of the Boxes seems dead already. Powers on but no Signal on HDMI. Tried flashing the stock firmware with the sd card (hope the image is right) but nothing happens.

And since there is no OTG Port I don't know how to do a flash via the Burning Tool. I tried USB 1-4 with a USB A to A cable but nothing shows up on my pc...Argh don't waste you money on this junk guys even if Gearbest has them in Flash Sale (AGAIN !).
                            I take it you bought yours from Gearbest too? Have you contacted their "Customer Support"? If so were they any help? Mine are still in transit from them but I posted in the Gearbest section suggesting that they get with the manufacturer and release a properly working firmware. My previous dealings with Gearbest support were far from satisfactory and I was hoping a heads up would give them an opportunity to get prepared. I'm getting a feeling in my gut that I shouldn't have given Gearbest another chance.
                            HK1 Pro Plus
                            FlowFon F1
                            MXQ Pro+
                            R-TVBOX Mini+
                            MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                              don't waste you money on this junk guys even if Gearbest has them in Flash Sale (AGAIN !).
                              Funny you should mention Flash sale. Gearbest has put the MXQ Pro+ on flash sale for $41.99 USD, Sadly I paid $49.63 USD on a previous "Flash Sale".

HK1 Pro Plus
                              FlowFon F1
                              MXQ Pro+
                              R-TVBOX Mini+
                              MK809III

Comment

Working...
                              X