Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

second file is for installing with usb burning tool
    I downloaded and instaled that one and is running very good
    didnt see anyone talk or write about it, so I share my today experience with this image, and with openelec installed on sd card
    couldn't write earlier about it, work is still on first place

this image is compiled from Tronsmart VegaS95 Meta image, and in this thread is described how to install and run Openelec from sd card

simply following instruction posted there I managed to install Openelec on sd card
    and is run wery well
    so, if You are interested on running Openelec on Mxq Pro + here is answer

Comment

Originally posted by kamacnik1 View Post
      didnt see anyone talk or write about it, so I share my today experience with this image, and with openelec installed on sd card

this image is compiled from Tronsmart VegaS95 Meta image, and in this thread is described how to install and run Openelec from sd card

simply following instruction posted there I managed to install Openelec on sd card
      and is run wery well
      Thanks for your response. Do you know what the first file is for?
      I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
      Ron White

Comment

not exactly, sorry

Comment

Hey guys! I bricked my MXQ PRO+ 4K ... it all started with Kodi not working, i wanted to uninstall and reinstall it, but then playstore didn't work. So i decided to do a firmware update, and ofcourse OTA didn't work. So i put the fw on an SD and it started updating and after a little while the screen turned black and now i have no hdmi. I now realize i flashed the MXQ PRO 4K, without the PLUS. Yeah.. stupid mistake, but i can't get to recovery. Holding the reset and plugging it in does nothing. I tried zippy611's method but Burning tool 2.0.7 doesn't see the device. I opend the case and checked the reset button and it's working (using ohm meter). Any ideas? I want to short the nand but i'm not sure what pins to use. ANy help appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gedorin View Post
            Hey guys! I bricked my MXQ PRO+ 4K ... it all started with Kodi not working, i wanted to uninstall and reinstall it, but then playstore didn't work. So i decided to do a firmware update, and ofcourse OTA didn't work. So i put the fw on an SD and it started updating and after a little while the screen turned black and now i have no hdmi. I now realize i flashed the MXQ PRO 4K, without the PLUS. Yeah.. stupid mistake, but i can't get to recovery. Holding the reset and plugging it in does nothing. I tried zippy611's method but Burning tool 2.0.7 doesn't see the device. I opend the case and checked the reset button and it's working (using ohm meter). Any ideas? I want to short the nand but i'm not sure what pins to use. ANy help appreciated. Thanks!
            I have the same problen with one box. Don't know what pins to short... on mxq pro its pin 29 and 30 but here...

Comment

Originally posted by gedorin View Post
              zippy611 unbricked his using the method posted here:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ery#post574619
              Hope it helps.

Oops, guess you tried it already.
              Last edited by imaddiced2u; 06-04-2016, 21:57. Reason: oops, guess you tried it already.
              HK1 Pro Plus
              FlowFon F1
              H96 Pro+ (Wisdom-Green Board-2017-02-10 H96-S912-TVBOX(DDR4)-V0.2)
              MXQ Pro+
              R-TVBOX Mini+
              MK809III

Comment

You'd think that if the manufacturer in not responsive to the suppliers....and totally unresponsive to us buyers, those suppliers would stop selling that manufacturers product...but the suppliers continue to sell the MXQ Pro+, As an example, gearbest restarted the Flash Sale again today, fully knowing the issues it has.
                If the suppliers can't get a hold of the manufacturer, how does the supplier manage to get the products from the manufacturer.
                The suppliers have all the power here, If they stop selling, the manufacturer would either fix the problems or be stuck with the inventory but the suppliers keep selling it to unsuspecting customers who believe the 4.6 star rating.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                HK1 Pro Plus
                FlowFon F1
                MXQ Pro+
                R-TVBOX Mini+
                MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by kamacnik1 View Post

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...smart-vega-s95

and is run wery well
                  Re Openelec, I am having problems with the process of setting it up.

I found the update_uboot.7z on the page the link first opens up to (748 kb) file and aml_autoscript (604 kb - found in the meta folder in the second link) files from the links on the post you mentioned. Both show as 1kb in Windows after downloading.
                  - the uboot zip contains 2 files, aml_autoscript and aml_autoscript.zip.
                  - The aml_autoscript file opens in notepad and looks like instructions.
                  I put both on a formatted sd card and then ran the uboot zip per instructions. It doesn't seem to update as Trebor's instructions describe.The MBOX animation runs per normal and the main screen comes up after that. Normal boot.
                  I downloaded the openelec image from the link Trebor provided - meta_openelec_20160419.img - its big, almost 2 gigs unpacked.
                  After I tried to run the uboot update I shut the box down by pulling the power plug. I then inserted the SD card that I burned the openelec image to (four files on it, dtb, kernel.img, s905_autoscript and SYSTEM. I then restarted the system and at first get the amlogic image, then the screen blanks for a second and two fuzzy amlogic images appear in the bottom of the screen partially cutoff, then the screen goes blank and does nothing.

I'm needing help. Have I chosen the right files for the uboot update? It doesn't seem to install based on Trebor's description. Is the openelec img the same one you used?

Thanks
                  Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-05-2016, 20:27.
                  I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                  Ron White

Comment

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

- on bottom of page download update.uboot.7z
                    https://yadi.sk/d/gZW-PXc7qU4v7/u-bo...ate_env_script
                    - aml.autoscript from Meta folder

- second edition of SD-Robots ROM with working wi-fi

- I flashed my box with usb burning tool, this is correct version

for creating dual boot , post number 10
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...smart-vega-s95
                    OE last version, I install 6.95.3 ver.

hope to not forgot something

Comment

Thanks for your help I will go through this again. Re the sd-robots rom, I don't have a reset switch on my box, so I can't use USB Burning to install the rom. I found the TWRP version in the same post on 4PDA, so I am trying to get that one working. I don't know if that one is a second edition or not. The rom is called twrp_mxq_pro+tronsmart.rar.
                      Cheers
                      Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
                        Thanks for your help I will go through this again. Re the sd-robots rom, I don't have a reset switch on my box, so I can't use USB Burning to install the rom. I found the TWRP version in the same post on 4PDA, so I am trying to get that one working. I don't know if that one is a second edition or not. The rom is called twrp_mxq_pro+tronsmart.rar.
                        Cheers
                        Using a toothpick or something similar, insert it into the A/V port until you hear a slight click sound. (There is a hidden button in the A/V port and you should be able to feel the button depress)
                        HK1 Pro Plus
                        FlowFon F1
                        MXQ Pro+
                        R-TVBOX Mini+
                        MK809III

Comment

Originally posted by imaddiced2u View Post

Using a toothpick or something similar, insert it into the A/V port until you hear a slight click sound. (There is a hidden button in the A/V port and you should be able to feel the button depress)
                          I tried this and couldn't find the switch in the AV port. I opened the box and looked and no switch. Turns out that some of these boxes don't have the reset switch. I ended up using TWRP to load sd-robots and all is good. I will take on the Openelec task again tomorrrow.
                          Ron White

Comment

Hello all! I also bought this stupid thing and out-of-the-box experience was terrible. My setup is via lan port and when i open KODI and add new video source, for example movies folder which is SMB share on my NAS, it often just freeze when scan/adding the movies. It sometimes happens even when i browse my local network to add video source. Bottom left shows working and the circle is moving forever and nothing happens. I tried various things(installed SPMC, VidOn, etc), but it didnt get any better.

Then i noticed that the MAC address changes every time i reboot the box. I mean WTF?!! How does it do that?
                            I tried via the WiFi and things got better(no constant change of MAC), as i managed to add some movies. Maybe it has something to do with LAN Chipset? I dont know, i tested with speedtest app and all works fine.

For that reason i decided to re-flashed with sd-robots rom. It went fine, it fixed the Play Store, the CPU usage in KODI dropped significantly, but the problem with adding or browsing local network via Lan stayed. MAC address constant changing also stays.
                            The strange thing is that when i'm connected via LAN in Kodi>system info>network it shows blank next to GATEWAY, however via WiFi it shows the right GATEWAY.
                            I also tried with STATIC IP, but still no show on gateway.

So my main problem for the moment is that i cant update library when im on LAN, but WiFi is working. Does someone experience the same problems like me?

P.S. Maybe is something with mu router, but i also have 2 other boxes: Minix Neo X-8H and Beelink X2 and dont have any issues of this kind. All browsing adding via Lan is very fast.

Comment

I gathered an archive of files for this box.

Last edited by zippy611; 06-07-2016, 16:15.

Comment

I send a ticket to Gearbest (T16060904009). I think some information from this ticket will be interesting on this forum:

I have 2 very serious problems with this TV Box.
                                1) SPDIF audio output does not work at all.
                                2) Gigabit Ethernet works quite unreliable and very slow

SPDIF. I use coaxial cable RCA-RCA with 3.5mm Mono Audio Male Plug to RCA Female Adapter (see Fig1.jpg). I connect SPDIF out of TV Box to coaxial digital input of Onkyo A-5VL amplifier by this cable. I used next application: Music, KODI and "MX player" to play MP3, WAV files and sound track from some films. I use all combination of sound setting of Android (auto, PCM, HDMI, SPDIF) and all combination of sound setting of KODI and "MX Player". There is not any sound from amplifier and there is not light from indicator of digital sound of amplifier. It is not any problem with sound when I use HDMI cable to TV Set. However, I have good HI-FI system and I want to listen music throw SPDIF digital out.
                                This combination of cable, input of amplifier works very good, when I use old TV Box Iconbit XDS6L as music source.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Fig1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	578409

Gigabit Ethernet. TV Box can connect with gigabit Ethernet switch on 1000 Mbit/sec link speed. But it works quite unreliable (freeze and lags) and very slow. It is not possible to use TV Box for internet surfing and play films from NAS on local LAN. It is not a problem with internet setting (for example, TV Box can get valid date and time from internet). I have investigated problem by using useful application “WIFI speed test” (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifispeedtester). This application test LAN speed (by Ethernet or by WIFI), but not Internet speed by using my provider. I run this application on TV Box as client and I run service program on laptop in the same LAN. Results you can see on Fig2.png (Green line – current speed of connection). TV Box can work on full gigabit speed only fraction of second, then we can see some freeze. Expected behavior - constant speed above 500 Mbit/s

Name:	Fig2.png
Views:	33
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	578410
                                TV Box can works stably only on 100 Mbit/s half-duplex link speed.

WIFI connection works well. You can see result of testing of WIFI connections on Fig3.png. The observed behavior is the same as the expected behavior - constant speed above 40 Mbit/s

Name:	Fig3.png
Views:	35
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	578412
                                I used for testing next working equipment:
                                1) Gigabit switch D-link DGS-1005D
                                2) Gigabit switch D-link DGS-1100-08,
                                3) Gigabit router Asus RT-N56U.

I used 4 good quality Ethernet cable with length from 0.3 m to 5 m.
                                I have the same results for all combinations of equipment.
                                I tested by using 3 official firmwares:
                                1) 20160428 (was on TV Box)
                                1) 20160519 (forum Gearbest on freaktab.com)
                                2) 20160607 (http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...368#post577368)
                                I have the same results for all firmwares.

I think my TV Box is broken. I cannot use it as a planning to use.
                                Attached Files
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X